Is a low IQ a prerequisite to work at Ticketmaster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If a given venue was not locked in a contract with Ticketmaster, couldn't that venue sell their tickets on line (and at the box office, of course)? With online ticket purchases being the norm these days, I don't see the need for Ticketmaster . It ain't 1990 any more.

KhanadaRhodes said:

replace ticketmaster with time warner (as in the cable company, not just the whole empire, which is a whole other can of worms) and you have a bitchfest of a thread i could start, just on my experiences in the past two weeks.

I think everyone would agree more competition in the Cable industry would be good. And it was moving in that direction, until the bottom fell out on the economy. It is sooo cost prohibitive to overbuild an area for cable, that no one is willing to do it.

I wish I had more info on why there isn't more competition for Ticketmaster.

zonelistener said:
I think everyone would agree more competition in the Cable industry would be good. And it was moving in that direction, until the bottom fell out on the economy. It is sooo cost prohibitive to overbuild an area for cable, that no one is willing to do it.
:yes: when i lived in orlando, about a year before we moved, a new cable company popped up. they were cheaper and offered more. i have no idea what cablevision (who as most know then became time warner) did in retaliation, because we jumped ship over to them as soon as the new company came to town. it astounds me that (i'm guessing this part) they're not considered a monopoly because satellite is considered competition. what a joke (not satellite, but the situation).

KhanadaRhodes said:
it astounds me that (i'm guessing this part) they're not considered a monopoly because satellite is considered competition. what a joke (not satellite, but the situation).

They are not a "monopoly" because anyone can overbuild them anytime they want - as long as they have the local city approval (the cities control franchise agreements, and you get charged a tax that goes right to the city on your cable bill for this, um, "service." The city often takes the fee and funds things like the much watched cable access program and the city council channel. Good stuff.) Nothing to do with satelitte service.

Back
Top Bottom