Ipod's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NamelessStreets

The Fly
Im thinking of buying an Ipod or something simular and just want to know if anyone out there has one, and what they think of it.
All I want to know is:
1 Can you use Windows media player to load music onto them or do you have to use itunes.
2 Is the sound good quality
3 Is there anything else out there better or worth considering.

Ive got around £250 to spend, so ill probably end up getting the U2 one. Any advise is appreciated.

go with the ipod, i never liked apple, but i give them credit for the ipod and itunes. i got one as a gift and fell in love with it.

Nameless-

I've had two now - the mini and now that my mini was stolen :sad: I purchased an 'open box' special of the U2 ipod for $315 ($35 cheaper than it normally is).

They're unbelievably wonderful and sound great. The problem with the U2 ipod vs. the mini is that it is hard to keep clean - the black always has smudges and so forth (i guess you can tell i am compulsive) whereas the mini kept clean but it only holds 4GB.

For $399 you can get the 40GB model but it is thicker and heavier than the 20GB. I would argue that $50 extra for the U2 ipod is insane unless you plan on using the coupon for the 'Complete U2' on iTunes.

In the end though, they're the best. I had some predecessors back in the day and without a doubt, the iPods are much much better.

iPods all the way. I would suggest checking out ipodlounge.com for suggestions on cases and headphones. I have a U2 iPod that I have been itching to use but am waiting until my silicon case shows up -- jet black case to protect the whole thing. Silicon cases are great when you toss them in a bag or go to the gym.

As for sound, good sound but I would recommend getting different headphones. the while ones sound a little flat and make you more prone to having the thing ripped off since people can tell you're listening to an iPod.

you can use it with windows media player as far as i know - some guys at work use it. what they do suggest though is whatever media player you decide to use, use only that one and no ohter. apparently the ipod gets a bit iffy if you plug it inot media player and then go away nd plug it into itunes. it's not a definite as i've done it to mine a few times but its recommended not to (oops)

oh and ipod all the way, you'l never regret it for a second!

iPod for sure.

On the sound, if you are an absolute sound quality nut you won't like the standard issue iPod earphones, but of course you can cheaply replace them with whatever you want, and it sounds perfect.

BrownEyedBoy said:
How does the coupon work anyway? Does it give you the Complete U2 for free?:huh:

Unfortunately not . . . $50 off $149.

I have Shure earbud earphones that are totally kickass - blow everything else out of the water. . . LOVE THEM! You just can't use them out in the city walking aroung - you can't hear anything besides U2. . . :tongue:

for silicon skins, go with lajo.biz. I got mine from there and right now, they are 50% off. The place is a bit shady -- your order shows up in a manila envelope from Hong Kong -- but I loved mine and there are so many colors. I ordered a jet black one but they also have nearly transparent ones [its called ice] and many different versions for clips and such.

Would recommend ipodlounge.com, which has reviews for everything -- cases, earphones, etc.

GG_The_Fly said:

Unfortunately not . . . $50 off $149.

I have Shure earbud earphones that are totally kickass - blow everything else out of the water. . . LOVE THEM! You just can't use them out in the city walking aroung - you can't hear anything besides U2. . . :tongue:
man, i wish i had the shure's, but no money, my grandparents did get me the sony mdr-ex71's of christmas though, i like them quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom