IPOD Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
i am loading all of my cds to my computer then to the ipod. once they were on the ipod i deleted them off the computer. when i went to load more songs from the computer it deleted the songs on the ipod that i had gotten rid of on the computer. is there a way to keep songs on the ipod and delete them from the computer?

sorry if that got confusing

If I understand correctly what the problem is, you have to "manually" upload the songs (change settings) because the default setting o the iPod is to upload everything that's in your iTunes library, and remove everything that has been removed since.

You cannot move songs from an iPod back to the computer within iTunes... beware of that. You'll have to use separate software for that. Also, make sure like anitram said and turn things to manual. You can then add and drop songs to the iPod, but it will not auto-synch anymore.

If you want to move songs off the computer to the iPod, and save them so you can add them back to the computer, you should use this: h**p://www.ephpod.com/

Back
Top Bottom