Inventions that would never work...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrball

Refugee
To follow the theme on the inventions thread:

Here's some of mine would or should never work...

Chocolate FIre Guard
Solar Powered Torch
Helicopter Ejector Seat

i had a book of this stuff when i was a kid. things like self-cutting hair machines and flyswatters that attatched to your nose. supposedly people really tried to invent them, really made prototypes (don't know if they were officially patented), and they didn't catch on for obvious reasons.

time machine.

And this perpetual motion machine she made today is a joke. Just look at it, it just keeps going faster and faster. In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

/simpsons

image001.gif

INDOOR SUNDIAL
This device allows you to use a sundial even when the sun isn't shining. The accurate clock motor keeps lamp in rotation around the dial just like the sun. Correct orientation is accomplished by free-turning design of the lamp bracket rotor. This unique timepiece blends ancient world charm with antiquated nineteenth century technology. Uses regular household current and voltage. Weight=800 lbs.
a) lamp
b) dial platform
c) lamp bracket rotor
d) motor
e) base
100 watt light bulb not included

wristmodel.gif

WRIST MODEL
For those on the go, this special scaled-down wrist model is just the ticket. Based on the same principle as its larger cousin, this version is much lighter and runs on a small computer battery hidden under the dial surface.

Carek1230 said:
smellivision

Believe it or not that also existed. It basically was a box that was attached to your television. Certain cues would trigger the varied scents. For example say you're watching a commercial for beef it would then emit the smell of steak... or something somewhat resembling the scent of steak.

From what I've heard it never made it past the testing phase.

Back
Top Bottom