INTERVIEW Susan style!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatever my Dad was blasting through the walls of the house yesterday...

OK, here's my question (skip down to the bottom if you can't be bothered to read it all. It isn't really important):

You've woken up to the inevitable news, the news that we all knew was going to happen one day but dared hope we'd never see. Yes, a megalomaniac who has a fetish for white cats on his lap and could have a solar panel fitted on his bonce has taken over the world from the safety of his underground lair, deep beneath the M25. But Baldy has a bit of a problem, he was never much cop at the whole organisation thing and frankly, 6 billion people is just too many and he really only wants 10 countries in the world (any more and he'd have to start taking off his socks to count) so, I'm afraid, some of us are going to have to go. So, in order to justify the continuing existence of your country in the world:

What, in your opinion, is the greatest global achievement of your country to date? (Basically, what's the best thing you're country's done to make the world a better place, have they pioneered open heart surgery, developed the cure for some horrible disease etc.)

Good question! :up: I don't know if this is really answering your question, but I'm pretty proud of the fact that Charles Darwin came from my country (and town :wink: ) and he achieved a tremendous amount with his research and changed alot of peoples views on the world and its creation.

Fantastic question Q :wink:

PG - really? That's fab you come from the same place as Darwin :bow: what an amazing&incredible man! :heart:

Hmmm when i think of the huge amount of things that Scots invented, it's so tricky to choose one but i think i must go with Penicillin as it's such a crucial discovery in curing millions of people from around the world, who would still be dying today if it wasn't for him :yes: :up:

:applaud: for Fleming!

Same

Last edited:
Thank you both and you've both given fantastic answers I might add! It's just a shame I've posed a question that I'm struggling to answer!

:hmm: Well, obviously the biggest hero from my part of the world is Guy Fawkes ( :wink: ) but I'll throw in a mention for the Rowntree family. Like most people who owned chocolate factories they were Quakers and into the whole social reform thing. Their influence is stamped all over York from New Earswick (built for low income employees), to Rowntree Park (built as a memorial to those in York who lost their lives during the war), some of the family were Liberal MPs campaigning for social reform and so on. I know you could give very justified criticism of the way Quakers rigidly controlled the lives of their workers but, frankly, I think workers' lives were far, far better off with Quaker employers than the Hell they had without them. Yeah, I know I said GLOBAL impact and I am coming to that:

They set up the various Rowntree Trusts which work for social reform extensively in the UK and globally :up:

...Plus they gave the world some of the best confectionery ever. :wink:

Oh I dunno who to pick actually, it's too hard a question!

Same q. :evil:

:wink:

:yes: susan, the very town. The very library he used is the library I use! :heart: shrewsbury.

:up: guy fawkes!

partygirlvox said:
:yes: susan, the very town. The very library he used is the library I use! :heart: shrewsbury.

Shrewsbury looks a really pretty place :up: (though I suppose they'd hardly advertise the crappy ugly bits! :wink: )

A Venezuelan inveted "diamond scalpel" wich makes posible studies with microssections and electronic microscope, he could have won the nobel prize but in order to do that he was asked to became American citizen and he didn´t accept.

Chloranfenicol is extracted from a Bacteria found only in Venezuela

we are the only country in latinamerica that produce albumin

and we are the most beautiful women in the planet :wink:

edit to say: I don´t post nothing about beeing one of the principal producers of Oil because oil have devastated the planet :sad:

Same question

Last edited:
TheQuiet1 said:

Shrewsbury looks a really pretty place :up: (though I suppose they'd hardly advertise the crappy ugly bits! :wink: )

Well I don't really want to advertise the place but.. :wink:

partygirlvox said:

That must be amazing to feel that he was in there! :D

Shrewsbury biscuits :drool:

Gymnastics and diving. I'm not really into sports but I like watching these (especially during the olympics) because they are a bit more creative and different from quite predictable things like football.
And plus they are great when things go wrong :evil:

same

I do enjoy watching some football, esp the World Cup or if Scotland are doing well, but the endless chat&analysis bores me to death :yawn:

I always love watching quite a bit of tennis, esp Wimbledon:drool: i love watching the Olympics and i'm really looking forward to when they come back on in 2008 in Bejiing :hyper:

When you sneeze, is it loud or quiet! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom