Interference's top 10 bands results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
Ok first i'll apologize for how long it took me to tally everything up, so sorry about that, but i felt like there was no good way to attack those lists, it was very time consuming, and i wasn't going to go out of my way to get them done as fast as possible. Second I tried to be as thorough and accurate as possible, especially concerning the bands that made the top 10, however it is possible i made a mistake, so if anyone finds a mistake that changes the order of the list, please post the list adjusted accordingly. Ok here it is

1.U2 (581 tallies)
2.The Beatles (269)
3.Radiohead (215)
4.Pink Floyd (168)
5.The Rolling Stones (80)
6.Pearl Jam (73)
7.Led Zeppelin (67)
8.Red Hot Chili Peppers
9.R.E.M./Oasis(64, tie)

Ok so even the list only goes up to 9 that was the top 10 bands.

Random Statistics:
-I took 234 bands listed into account when tallying the scores

-I found 23 bands with just one tally (not 100% sure that's true, but that's what i saw)

-Only 31 of the 234 bands got 20 or more tallies

:shocked:Oh my God, this result is a giant shock :wink:

Thanks for talling up the results nice to see that unknown band from Ireland finally getting the respect they deserve :wink:

I probably could have just made that up off the top of my head after years of reading this forum! :laugh:

Seriously, though, good work to you. Once I tallied up everyone's favorite Radiohead songs, and it was a lot of fun to do. :up:

^ I thought it was a spy plane:ohmy: OMG...am I not in the spy plane apperication thread:shocked:!!!! what is this place and who are those 4 men?:scratch:

:wink:

I can live with that list :up:

Even though I think Led Zeppelin are grossly overrated, but that's ok.

Anu said:
Please let us see the top 31 that made the chart. Please.

Ok, actually while going over to look for the top 31 i noticed a mistake i made in tallying the top 10 (I forgot David Bowie), so that mistake will be fixed in the top 31.

1.U2 (581)
2.The Beatles (269)
3.Radiohead (215)
4.Pink Floyd (168)
5.The Rolling Stones (80)
6.David Bowie/Pearl Jam (73)
7.Red Hot Chili Peppers (68)
8.Led Zeppelin (67)
9.R.E.M./Oasis (64)
10.The Cure (50)
11.Queen (49)
12.Bruce Springsteen (47)
13.Arcade Fire (46)
14.The Talking Heads (45)
15.Depeche Mode (40)
16.Joy Division (36)
17.The Smiths (31)
18.The Who/The Verve (30)
19.Muse/Tool (27)
20.Wilco (26)
21.The Pixies (25)
22.Bob Dylan (24)
23.Jeff Buckley (23)
24.AC/DC/The Clash (22)
25.Mercury Rev/Echo & the Bunnymen (20)

Ok so that's the top 31 bands with the updated top 10 included. Also it is possible i made a mistake like i did earlier, so if anyone notices please adjust accordingly

Cheers for compiling the list 00Kevin :up:

Hell, this is good stuff.

Nice job taking the time and effort.

As far as the top 10, slightly surprised that Oasis would be up there, but not totally surprised. Maybe a little surprised the Stones made it that high, but they have been around since dirt, so I guess not so much.

That's a damn good list though. Not a total crap band to bee seen, good job Interference.

Pretty good top 10 except for Oasis (seriously guys? I mean they're alright, but one of the best bands ever?).

Back
Top Bottom