Interference's Favorite Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevation2u said:

Fair enough.

212, did you see Captain Hook or 1941? Not everything the man does is great. :)

Sad news, if sad really means "good news for the people in this thread". I am gonna go read then get my sleep on. Take care.

NSW, go to page 9 of this thread, and look at movie number 32 on my list, I think that'll answer your question

I grew up watching Spielberg, I guess even as a kid, I was a bit of a snob when it came to movies, I'm not easily amused or movied by grandiose, expensive, extravagent special effects, as I am by a good story, simple. Good story, good acting, obviosuly directing/cinematography/creativity have much to do with it. But I've always found that big, boisterous films are just not my cup of tea, most of them are unoriginal and made on the sole reason to make money ..not to mention very predictable & boring. Dont know if that made any sense...:huh:

bono_212 said:
I have yet to see a Spielberg movie I didn't like

:yes: me too!
So apart from the Spielberg's ones I like:
- Star Wars
- Big Fish (and almost all Tim Burton movies)
- Sunshine
- Life Is Beautiful (one of the most amazing films I ever saw)
- Seabiscuit
- Moulin Rouge
- Donnie Darko
- The Silence Of The Lambs
- Bram Stoker's Dracula

elevation2u said:
best of dreams your way, nSw
there I conformed, you happy?

Usually conforming saddens me, but in this case, it was the right thing to do. :)

Silence of the Lambs, nice. The rare movie that is better than the book, or at least as good.

Keep those lists coming.

Silence of the Lambs is an amazing movie, but I have a hard time watching that one repeatedly unless it's on TV.

I'm never like:

"Hey, there's nothing on, let's watch a movie about serial killer who wears human skin and the FBI agent trying to get info on him from a cannibal."

:shrug:

Repeatability is a good sign for a film, but sometimes seeing it once or twice does the trick.

I will NEVER watch Requiem for a Dream again, but, it made a satrong impression on me, that's for sure.

I still need to see that too, but I've heard it's fucked up.

And a Wayans brother is in it. :(

Yeah, but he's not playing a typical Wayans role.

It is fucked up, but, pretty powerful. I know a lot of people that loved it, and many that hated it. I can't say it's the kind of film where I say "I loved it", because it disturbed me, but, again, it made an impression for a few reasons, and I'll never forget it.

Nice.

I saw The Fountain in theaters and still do not understand it. Is that the typical Aranofsky style? Making something that is damn near understandable?

I didn't see The Fountain, but would like to. Pi I thought I understood but it's possible I missed some things, and Requiem was easily understood....

Off to Cubs/Sox....

Lemonchick said:
Here are mine.

1. Almost Famous
2. Wings of Desire
3. Garden State
4. Lost in Translation
5. A Clockwork Orange
6. Little Miss Sunshine
7. Elizabethtown
8. Children of Men
9. To Kill A Mockingbird
10. School of Rock
11. The Lion King
12. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
13. The Pianist
14. Apocalypse Now
15. Moulin Rouge
16. Trainspotting
17. Pulp Fiction
18. The Shining
19. American Beauty
20. The Breakfast Club
21. Amadeus
22. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
23. Erin Brockovich
24. Motorcycle Diaries
25. Breakfast At Tiffany's

Even though Life is Beautiful, Downfall, and sooo many others should be there. This was hard.

PLEASE replace Motorcycle Diaries with About A Boy, I can't believe I forgot that movie...I literally watched it almost every weekend for an entire year, i was obsessed and still absolutely love it. :heart:

it's great, isn't it :love:

Hugh Grant is so frikkin cool in that movie, I tend to forget it's him

"Will: It's a CD, Marcus, by Mystikal. They're cool. You'll like them

Fiona: What kind of music is Mystikal?

Will: It's sort of, um, world music...

Marcus: [reads a song title] "Shake Ya Ass."

Will: ...Slash rap-type thing. "

WinnieThePoo said:
another top 25

1. Angel Heart
2. Howard The Duck
3.Willow
4-6.Alien/Aliens/Alien 3
7.Batman : Mask Of Phantasm
8.Predator
9.Sideways
10.Fight Club
11.Freejack
12.Stalker
13.Taxi Driver
14.Million Dollar Hotle
15.Wings Of Desire
16. The Producers
17.The Shining
18.Totall Recall
19-20.For a few Dollars More/Fistful of dollars
21. Maltese Falcon
22. Godfather I
23.GodFather II
24. James Bond : From Russia With Love
25. La Chevre

do you want me to count this list instead of your first one?

hardyharhar said:
Dr. Strangelove
Monty Python's Life of Brian
Star Wars
Some Like it Hot
West Side Story
March of the Wooden Soldiers
Two Towers
The Wild Bunch
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Wizard of Oz
Some Like it Hot
Wee Willie Winkie
Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
O' Brother, Where Art Thou
Clockwork Orange
Last of the Mohicans
Touch of Evil
Best in Show
Midnight Cowboy
Drums Along the Mohawk
Them
White Heat
Shakespeare in Love
Damn Yankees
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

So many more where these came from.......:wink:

you have Some Like It Hot on twice.

Ohh in all that I did, I still forgot Big Fish, I'm not going to bother screwing with LMP's brain any longer, but that IS a good movie.

:wink:

It's totally okay, I actually started logging the lists today.

I'm thinking the list collection will end on June 30th, so you have about 6 days to send in your final lists, guys! :up:

This can still be a general movie discussion hub, which is really awesome.

elevation2u said:
it's great, isn't it :love:

Hugh Grant is so frikkin cool in that movie, I tend to forget it's him

"Will: It's a CD, Marcus, by Mystikal. They're cool. You'll like them

Fiona: What kind of music is Mystikal?

Will: It's sort of, um, world music...

Marcus: [reads a song title] "Shake Ya Ass."

Will: ...Slash rap-type thing. "

I thought I'd seen every Hugh Grant movie in existence. Must go look for About A Boy now...
:shifty:

Once you've seen one Hugh Grant movie, you've seen 'em all! Nine Months is the one one I like.

All of these About a Boy suggestions are making me curious though, I guess that's why my friends call me "Whiskers."

Last edited:
Cause your curious like a cat?

I liked About a Boy I bought it for 5.55 during one of those Wal-Mart sales with Flatliners :)drool: ) it was really good, which is one of the first movies hyped to me that didn't completely disappoint. Hugh Grant's on quite a roll with me, I think there's only one movie of his I don't like, but can't recall what it is just at this moment.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Once you've seen one Hugh Grant movie, you've seen 'em all! Nine Months is the one one I like.

All of these About a Boy suggestions are making me curious though, I guess that's why my friends call me "Whiskers."

Beav told me that your friends call you whiskers because you're a pu (knock it off).......um.....because you're quick like a puma. Yes, that's it.

Last of the Mohicans, nice, Hardyharhah, or, as they call you in the WWE, Triple H. I'm a huge Michael Mann fan, though, like an idiot, I did not include any of his films in my Top 25. Now who's the puma?

Heat's my favorite Mann film, but I have yet to see The Insider.

It's how we pumas do.

Lemon - you can replace one of the Some Like It Hot with Raging Bull. I think every time I would make this list it would turn out differently. Still no Groundhog Day, Chinatown, Raiders of the lost Ark, Exorcist, Omen, Ben Hur and so many others you people have been mentioning. I guess they'll have to wait for the 25 - 50 list. But Howard the Duck will definitely never be on one of my lists. Sorry Winnie :wink:

NSW - Love the Triple H, have to remember that. Last of the Mohicans, not sure why but I can't help but check for the battle scenes whenever it's on. Just so well done.........Magwa tearing Monroe's heart out of his chest and showing it to him :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom