Interference Thread Survivor Match 1: Atlanta, Germany vs. BEST THREAD EVAR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • IO: Best Thread Ever

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...egit-when-theres-closing-involved-183373.html

VS

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f207/io-best-thread-ever-172110.html

Alright, guys, here's the plan. I'm leaving this open for a couple of days what, if any votes this draws in. It would be pretty funny if this series only gets a couple votes each match and Shuttlecock winds up getting beat early or something, but if the series does well and I deem it unnecessary to give it an extra day, I'll shorten the round next time. Another reason for leaving the poll open a bit longer than usual is that some of you might need time to look over these threads if you haven't read them already. Whatever the case, we'll get this shit figured out eventually.

This is a pretty easy one to get us warmed up. Best Thread Ever went on for ages and ages but never really spawned anything relevant to the board today. It's a decent read, lots of good posters were involved, but I don't think it will enrich your life in any meaningful way. It's only here because it stayed alive for so long. Also the presumptuous title. TPS was an interesting dude. He's probably listening to KISS right now and watching pro wrestling with the sound turned down.

Business Trips is possibly the actual best thread ever. It's based on a fucking batshit crazy premise, which is always good, features a ton of great quotes and with Atlanta, Germany spawned one of the all-time great Interference inside jokes. One I still quote in Real Life.

Oh yeah, Best Thread Ever is so-ooo fucked.

What's a good mercy rule for a tournament in Lemonade Stand, a 5 vote lead?

Well there's the 5 vote lead right there. Obviously I'm going to let this roll to see what the early ceiling is for votes, but in the future I'll be happy to move this along. The early part of this competition will be a lot of high seeds and a lot of low seeds.

This is a pretty easy one to get us warmed up. Best Thread Ever went on for ages and ages but never really spawned anything relevant to the board today. It's a decent read, lots of good posters were involved, but I don't think it will enrich your life in any meaningful way.

Business Trips is possibly the actual best thread ever. It's based on a fucking batshit crazy premise, which is always good, features a ton of great quotes and with Atlanta, Germany spawned one of the all-time great Interference inside jokes.

This pretty much says it all. I missed Business Trips when it was initially posted so it was hilarious to go back and read it all in one sitting.

This is a pretty easy one to get us warmed up. Best Thread Ever went on for ages and ages but never really spawned anything relevant to the board today. It's a decent read, lots of good posters were involved, but I don't think it will enrich your life in any meaningful way. It's only here because it stayed alive for so long. Also the presumptuous title. TPS was an interesting dude. He's probably listening to KISS right now and watching pro wrestling with the sound turned down.

Business Trips is possibly the actual best thread ever. It's based on a fucking batshit crazy premise, which is always good, features a ton of great quotes and with Atlanta, Germany spawned one of the all-time great Interference inside jokes. One I still quote in Real Life.

I'll be making my case for Shuttlecock later, when it's needed.

Now that I actually know where Atlanta, Germany comes from, I'm a little disappointed I was on a hiatus from this place in 2008. And here I was thinking all the threads in this stupid game would fall under the category of "you had to have been there" for the, to retain any comic value. But that was truly some funny shit (although after 12 pages I did get tired of it and stop reading), as amazing displays of nonsense and illogic often tend to be. Better than fym, the OP makes some of the people in there who I tend to think reside in an alternate reality look sane and rational.

Who wants to link me to the thread where all the inside jokes about Hispanics came from? Something tells me that's just as hilariously bad.

Edit:
Never mind, I found it. Not as good, but still pretty nutty. That person doesn't post here anymore, does she?

I still see her around once in a while, but she doesn't really make her presence known anymore. Her last visit was apparently in August.

Probably starting the next match in the morning, this one seems to be leveling off and the results are clear.

There seem to be spots of good time delight sprinkled throughout BTE, but it just can't compare to ATL, Germany. Ultimately, this is like Hawthorn playing GWS.

Welp, it took me til about halfway down page two to decide to vote for business trips. MsMofoGone's posts are some of the most unintentionally hilarious posts I've ever read. Sadly I really missed out on the height of Beav, NSW, Dalton et al hilarity it seems.

What's with all the references to Hispanics though?

^oh wow. She really was insane before she got obsessed with that Hit/Hurt game in EYKIW.

I also don't get "so-ooo"...

This series of posts made me laugh out loud

The more I think about this thread the more I imagine the person who is ignoring NSW laughing so hard that ranch dressing is shooting out their nose while they reach for their 22 mozzarella stick.

I somehow doubt it.

You doubt the ranch dressing or the amount of cheese sticks?

:love: Man I haven't read through that thread in a LONG time.

I'd still pick Kunstmuseum over it though. :shifty:

Edit: Well I guess this means that the best thread ever....

isn't the best thread ever!

Guys I just realised something. Both the cheating thread and the business trip thread were posted in the downtime between Bomb and NLOTH.

We're having major downtime again.

Does that mean we'll get a new similar thread? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom