Interference Random TV Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando Bloom's was even funny for the fact that Bloom's not funny even when he's trying to make fun of himself.

Stewart's and McKellen's are my two faves though.

There's pretty much two Random TV talk threads right now. I don't like it, it confuses me.

Anyway, the new TV season officially begins tonight with Gossip Girl. Y'all should check it out, for real.

Best. Show. Ever. (According to New York magazine)

nymaggossipgirl.jpg

It's interesting - for all the talk and hype about it, the ratings aren't all that good (from what I understand).

Which is a shame, because I think it's a really fun, well-done show.

But I guess that's the way it goes. People rave about a show, people bemoan the fact that no one's watching ... although it's usually not about a soap-opera type show.

I started rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD; it's been a while since I've watched them.

It was the first time in a LONG while I'd watched season 1, and it was better than I remembered.

I miss this show.

There's something odd about this page with the outright hilarity of the Extras discussion (pug pug pug) and the Max Weinberg "More You Know.." series and their flat fucking brilliance coupled with New York Magazine and that silly god damn cover.

Best show ever, my fucking ass. In 25 years people will still be writing about the innovations of shows like Battlestar Gallactica, LOST and 24. Gossip Girl will be remembered as yet another teeny cult hit of the moment.

There's something odd about this page with the outright hilarity of the Extras discussion (pug pug pug) and the Max Weinberg "More You Know.." series and their flat fucking brilliance coupled with New York Magazine and that silly god damn cover.

Best show ever, my fucking ass. In 25 years people will still be writing about the innovations of shows like Battlestar Gallactica, LOST and 24. Gossip Girl will be remembered as yet another teeny cult hit of the moment.

Man, I am hoping that not one person in here took that cover seriously.

BTW, I've got nothing against Gossip Girl, Blake Lively is quite yummy, I just think it's yet another hipsterism that drives me up the fucking wall.

I was wondering if I only imagined that this thread existed.

I know there aren't a whole lot of The Prisoner afficionados here, but I just heard about this and thought it was hilarious:

I Regret To Say Your Wedding Falls Square In The Middle Of The Prisoner Marathon | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Awesome.

As much fun as I think Gossip Girl is, I'm pretty baffled by the hype poured onto it by New York Magazine (and others, but that magazine is the only outlet I've seen be so hyperbolic). It kind of makes me go "........ um ....... what?"

But yeah, it's not really worth anything more than an eye-roll and a "moving on...."

You know what was lost on me for years?

Longshanks in Braveheart. It never dawned on me until recently.

Romero=moron

Fuck man, seriously?

"Who is this person who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?"

"Not my gentle son. The mere sight of him would only encourage an enemy to take over the whole country. So whom do I send?"

Yeah, but I can remember dialogue from Beneath the Planet of the Apes or some obscure shit. It's weird.

TELL US OF THE APES!!!-creepy radioactive fat man

You disappoint me Laz.
That one was easily 2nd best.

If this weren't the TV thread, I would give you a verbal lashing on the proper order of the Apes films. 1, 2, 3,.......4, 5

Escape is 3rd, right? The one were they go back to Earth.

God damn Khan was in it, I'll give you that much.

You disappoint me Laz.
That one was easily 2nd best.

If this weren't the TV thread, I would give you a verbal lashing on the proper order of the Apes films. 1, 2, 3,.......4, 5

Escape is 3rd, right? The one were they go back to Earth.

God damn Khan was in it, I'll give you that much.

Among POTA fans, Beneath has a pretty lousy reputation. Believe me. And Conquest (4), showing how the ape revolution started in the first place, also has Khan, and is AWESOME.

I’d like to say how pleased I am that The Riches Season 2 is back on, here, thank GAWD, I’ve been waiting to get back into it to see what happens because its been a surprisingly good drama, and Minnie and Eddie are just great as they are in it. Todd Stashwick is HOT, as Dale he helps keeps some intensity goin.
:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom