Interference Random TV Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight marks the return of HEROES a.k.a The Adventures of Claire Bear The Indestructible Cheerleader.

hayden_panettiere_heroes_3.jpg

:hyper: !

Originally Posted by lazarus
Thanks, dickhead.

And in case you don't know already, Omar bites it too (I already had this ruined for me).

Just spreading the love.

I'm going to stab you in the motherfucking eye. Yeah, those glasses aren't going to help.

OMG I just choked!
more entertainment here many times than someone like Bruce Willis wearing a thong.

LOL!

I'm going to give Heroes a chance to overcome the shitty last season. But this time I'm definitely dropping it if I'm still bored.

I thought the premiere of Heroes pretty much rocked. There was a hell of a lot going on, and it obviously had its share of cringe-worthy cheesiness but I think the show always had that. I've sort of blocked Season 2 out of my memory so I don't know but did this seem to remind people more of Season 1 Heroes? Sylar was back to his cutting the tops of peoples heads off routine, Hiro and Ando were runnin around together tryin to steal shit, Claire was making masochistic videotapes, etc. There were a lot of really cool moments and I'm definitely going to tune in next week.

Also, Kristen Bell is back! I wasn't sure they would bring her back. Score.

Does anyone else watch Adrenaline Junkie with Jack Osbourne?

I only watched like one of the first series, but new one started last night, him and Elijah wood in Africa, and LOL at hearing little Elijah CURSE! :lol:
:D the tandem moment.

it was pretty good :up:

I cannot get over the massive change in Jack, just in general!

cannot wait to see Bez next week as he is quite funny.

Let my preface by saying I think Family Guy is the greatest comedy show ever. That said after the first two episodes of the new season, I have to join those who say new Family Guy sucks. They were two of the worst in the show's history. It sort of feels like the writers aren't giving it their all anymore. That sucks. :down:

I used to be a big fan of Family Guy, but stopped watching once it came back a few years ago. Out of curiosity, what would you say makes it the greatest comedy show ever?

And now I'm finally caught up with Mad Men... the second season's been pretty solid so far, but I prefer the first.

I love Family Guy but haven't watched it for the past season or so. No real reason, just kind of stopped watching. Ditto The Simpsons, which I just randomly stopped watching. I didn't think it was as bad as some folks said, just stopped watching. :shrug:

In other random TV news, I'm rewatching my Buffy DVDs and just got done with season 4. Man, I love this damned show.

Edit: Hey, where'd my avatar go? Can you guys see it? On this page I can see everyone's but mine and mad1's. Boo.

Yeah, I can't see your avatar either, Crarky.

Buffy was the shit up until she got to college, blew chunks for a while, and came back in its last two seasons. Season 3 is still my favorite of the bunch.

Season 4, the one I just got done watching, is the first college year. It's definitely not as strong as the previous two seasons, but has some highlights.

Some funny stuff, I liked Spike being "tamed," and some really strong serious episodes, including the season finale - the action wrapped up in the penultimate episode, and the final episode, "Restless" was a series of dream sequences in which the gang meets the spirit of the First Slayer and there are predictions of things coming next season.

It seriously gives me chills when I watch it, and it's where the quote in my sig is from. It's just awesome.

Ooh, and "Hush," one of the best episodes of all! Mostly dialogue free, with the creepy Gentlemen - just really, really well-done TV. It's a huge shame the Emmy people never recognized the fine work they did. Stupid Emmy assholes.

Season 5 is the same for me. Overall kind of crummy, but some huge highlights, like "The Body," with the death of Buffy's mom, and the finale "The Gift," in which Buffy saves the world. AGain. With an amazing score that makes me cry just thinking about it.

Plus, Riley leaves town in season 5, so it's all good. ;)

Season 3 is my favorite, too. The Mayor was one of the best villains on the show, and Faith is awesome.

"Hush" and the one in the haunted frat house are the awesome ones I remember from Season 4. Oz's "hootenanny: little bit of hoot, little bit of nanny" quote has found its way into my casual vernacular.

I wonder how Muldy feels about this.

I still watch Family Guy and I still enjoy it for the most part. The episode tonight made me lol a couple of times. There are still those "Uhhh that's not very clever and anyone could have written that" moments in each episode, but I'll take it. I've watched the show for so long and I love all the characters, so I still get a kick out of it.

Over the last couple of seasons they've really run with the Stewie/Brian thing. Those two are inseparable on the show now and they do everything together. And I like it. They're probably my two favorite characters.

I've never watched Buffy but I'm nearly positive that I would love it.

And Cori, I'm sorry about your avatar. If someone stole my avatar I would kick their ass.

Stewie and Brian are definitely the only characters worth watching for. (Although Quagmire usually makes me laugh, too.)

GAF, you should give Buffy a try. The first season is just so-so, but a good introduction. It really picks up with season 2.

I used to be a big fan of Family Guy, but stopped watching once it came back a few years ago. Out of curiosity, what would you say makes it the greatest comedy show ever?

It has all the best elements of great comedies. It is hilarious, quotable, full of great moments and episodes, there is so much depth and unique qualities about the characters that things are only funny because of them, and of course the some of best running gags ever. It isn't groundbreaking like a Monty Python or The Simpsons but it seems to be the total package of great comedies.

I think comedies have a lifespan before they start to get too comfortable. Usually the first or second seasons are the show's best.

I think the Family Guy spoof of Empire Strikes Back will be great though. :up:

You're really not missing much on the new 90210. We haven't seen Lucille hardly at all in the past few episodes. :(

It has all the best elements of great comedies. It is hilarious, quotable, full of great moments and episodes, there is so much depth and unique qualities about the characters that things are only funny because of them, and of course the some of best running gags ever. It isn't groundbreaking like a Monty Python or The Simpsons but it seems to be the total package of great comedies.

I think comedies have a lifespan before they start to get too comfortable. Usually the first or second seasons are the show's best.

I think the Family Guy spoof of Empire Strikes Back will be great though. :up:

That's fair.

I think most great comedies take a season or two to find their legs and just kick-ass toward the middle of its run (Cheers, Seinfeld, etc...) and then some are just on from the get-go, like Arrested Development or 30 Rock.

Family Guy has the trappings of a sweet comedy, and I used to enjoy a lot of the character-based humor, along with the way it used pop culture references to its advantage. Over time, however, I found it to be stale and pretty played-out. That's just me, and I can totally see why anyone would feel differently.

Did anyone watch the premiere of the new Kath & Kim show that came on right before The Office?

I did and I liked it and I am now very much in love with Selma Blair. That is all.

Did anyone watch the premiere of the new Kath & Kim show that came on right before The Office?

I did and I liked it and I am now very much in love with Selma Blair. That is all.

I thought the first 15 minutes was a little slow, but I was cracking up after Phil caught Kath eating the tuna wrap... man that was funny.

I thought that was some of the unfunniest shit I have ever seen on TV.

How did this make it on the air?

They should try making either character remotely likeable. And perhaps being funny, seeing as how it's being marketed as a comedy.

I thought that was some of the unfunniest shit I have ever seen on TV.

How did this make it on the air?

They should try making either character remotely likeable. And perhaps being funny, seeing as how it's being marketed as a comedy.

ouch!

I thought Kim was a likeable character. She was cute. Who knew Selma Blair was cute? I did not. You learn something every day, I guess.

I've always liked Selma Blair.

I will not blame her for the sheer shittiness of this show.

Did you find her likeable in ways unrelated to her physical appearance?

Well, it's funnier than Kath & Kim. ;)

I'm off to bed and off for the weekend. Hold down the fort while I'm gone, will you? Be good.

:kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom