Interference Random Music Thread XIII: THE RAN! dom Music Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always liked Let Love Rule. Back when he was 'that black dude with the funny hat'. Then something went terribly wrong. I blame Lisa Bonet, but I'm sure that bitch Rudy probably had a hand in it too

Oh, that was sweet. Gruff Rhys and De La Soul meet fucked up sampling and an awesome bass line. :up: Plastic Beach is going to be fun.

Also, I beg you to listen to the track "Marilyn's Grave," at Nothing People's MySpace page. It is the best song I've heard this year, and I've already somehow heard hundreds and hundreds. Please. Just give it one try. You don't even have to like it. But give it a chance. It is surging, anthemic, noisily beautiful music, and doesn't sound like the Nothing People I know/knew. I don't really expect that anybody here knows the band too well, but still. Leave any preconceptions at the door.

Jesus, what a fucking song.

ZOMG HOLY CRAP I LOVE THAT SONG.

Seriously, that's an amazing song.

It's a great record, too! Do you know it? This is the high point of both it and Costa's career, sure (not to mention Veloso's), but still. Amazing stuff, with spectacular arrangements. Equal parts Tropicalia and psych, it is all beautiful.

Also, I beg you to listen to the track "Marilyn's Grave," at Nothing People's

That was pretty good. It reminded me of about three different songs ... none of which I could name, but it reminded me of things.

It's a great record, too! Do you know it? This is the high point of both it and Costa's career, sure (not to mention Veloso's), but still. Amazing stuff, with spectacular arrangements. Equal parts Tropicalia and psych, it is all beautiful.

I do not - I've only heard one or two other songs by either artist. I'll see if I can find a copy through the library or something.

Oh, that was sweet. Gruff Rhys and De La Soul meet fucked up sampling and an awesome bass line.

Bass line immediately stuck out. Love the bounciness. Sort of a "19-2000" vibe, but maybe that's just to me. I'm really looking forward to this album. It snuck up on me too. Can't believe it's only a week and a half away.

Good lord, LE PHEEN! sold out in a couple minutes today. Good thing I got a ticket two days ago.

Anyone see the Classic Albums episode which features Aja? There's a great moment when they're talking about being sampled and Donald Fagen starts singing "Uptown baby..."

It's awesome.

yeah, that's why i posted it, i was just watching it last night. "uptown baby! uptown baby!"

i've got a few of the Classic Albums series, but i love watching the Aja one. such an incredible album, the attention to detail is astonishing.

My other favorite parts are Becker and Fagen commenting on the various guitar solos offered up for use in Peg, Bernard Purdie demonstrating the "Purdie Shuffle" (I think on Home At Last), and the Chuck Rainey showing how he hid the fact that he was slapping the bass on Peg.

Anybody around here listen to Rocco Deluca & The Burden? I'm getting into them lately.

The local PBS station is re-broadcasting R.E.M.'s ACL performance from last year right now. I love this band.

The local PBS station is re-broadcasting R.E.M.'s ACL performance from last year right now. I love this band.

:up:

Sundance Channel is having a few airings of a short doc recorded during their Dublin shows a few years back. I'm looking forward to seeing that - I liked that double-live album that went with it.

... and now as I type that, I'm pretty sure this doc is in the CD set as well as a DVD. Oops, guess I forgot it came with a DVD. :lol:

My other favorite parts are Becker and Fagen commenting on the various guitar solos offered up for use in Peg, Bernard Purdie demonstrating the "Purdie Shuffle" (I think on Home At Last), and the Chuck Rainey showing how he hid the fact that he was slapping the bass on Peg.

:yes:, i also enjoy the parts with Michael McDonald, the background vocalist on Peg. Fagen's a very strange looking man in that video, with the lack of a neck, and that weird, paper-thin mo just above his top lip.

the two albums i've fallen in love with so far this year:

51Ey4D%2BQiyL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
31FQ52S17BL._AA240_.jpg

:up:

Sundance Channel is having a few airings of a short doc recorded during their Dublin shows a few years back. I'm looking forward to seeing that - I liked that double-live album that went with it.

... and now as I type that, I'm pretty sure this doc is in the CD set as well as a DVD. Oops, guess I forgot it came with a DVD. :lol:

Ha, yeah. "This is Not a Show." I saw the world premiere here in Minneapolis, good stuff.

Bout damn time.

Been meaning to get around to Another Green World myself. That needs to happen soon.

I listened to The Reminder for the first time in over a year today. Still love it.

Another Green World is on some list I have somewhere of albums to listen to.

Correction: I have it and just haven't listened to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom