Interference Random Music Thread XII: GAF and the Liquid Courage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so the free Weezer concert that my school won was tonight, and was totally fucking awesome. Quick highlights:

+ Jermaine Dupree showing up out of nowhere and telling Tallahassee to "raise tha muthafuckin' roof" or something, and he said muthafuckin' a few more times. I giggled.
+ Rivers, who's still a little shaky from that bus accident, asked for a girl to come onstage to sing a song from their new album. The initial girl he asked came up and revealed that she didn't know the lyrics to the song and wouldn't get off the stage when they tried to replace her with someone who did. Huge douchechill, but it was hilarious.
+ I got to see their Kids/Pokerface cover mash-up. Holy shit.

All-in-all, it was one of the better shows I've seen in a while. They played "Hash Pipe," "Buddy Holly," and other stuff from their catalogue, along with tracks from the new album, and a totally kick-ass cover of Floyd's "Time / Breathe (Reprise)." Yeah, good show.

Good stuff. Penn State tried to make that happen and just failed miserably at doing so. We really don't rally behind anything that doesn't involve drinking.

Drinking and dancing lessons from Donovan McNabb.
AIR GUITAR! (This will never get old.)

2f03hbn.jpg

The good news is that the Giants and Steelers didn't make the playoffs and Jets fans aren't real, so no one has been able to appropriately try to rub in the Eagles thing. Plus, I knew the Eagles were going to lose anyway.

I lose it every time he goes for the fence.

Jets fans are very real, and very obnoxious, sadly. They're the best, like Gene Parmesan.

Okay, so the free Weezer concert that my school won was tonight, and was totally fucking awesome. Quick highlights:

+ Jermaine Dupree showing up out of nowhere and telling Tallahassee to "raise tha muthafuckin' roof" or something, and he said muthafuckin' a few more times. I giggled.
+ Rivers, who's still a little shaky from that bus accident, asked for a girl to come onstage to sing a song from their new album. The initial girl he asked came up and revealed that she didn't know the lyrics to the song and wouldn't get off the stage when they tried to replace her with someone who did. Huge douchechill, but it was hilarious.
+ I got to see their Kids/Pokerface cover mash-up. Holy shit.

All-in-all, it was one of the better shows I've seen in a while. They played "Hash Pipe," "Buddy Holly," and other stuff from their catalogue, along with tracks from the new album, and a totally kick-ass cover of Floyd's "Time / Breathe (Reprise)." Yeah, good show.

:up:

They're definitely great live. I'm jealous you got the Kids/Pokerface thing, and I had no clue they were covering Floyd! I need to listen to the new album more, I sorta forgot about it.

Impz is right about the release date. PeefWN3D and stuff!!!!!

Why the fuck can't people get it through their heads that their tastes do not necessarily represent the tastes of others, let alone the vast minority majority? Fuck's sake.....

/random rant in random

Why the fuck can't people get it through their heads that their tastes do not necessarily represent the tastes of others, let alone the vast minority majority? Fuck's sake.....

/random rant in random
Exactly. It's much easier to assume everyone's taste sucks and to insult them accordingly.

Really? I thought it was a pretty perfect setup.

Unless by "a stretch" you mean the legitimacy of the Jews' claim on Palestine.

You thought that cos you're enamored with your own sense of humor, rendering you less than objective. And, I said I laughed, fuck-stick.

Pfan: Both are obnoxious. I'm sure I'm guilty of it now and then but I do fucking realize that my tastes are no better or worse than the next idiot and that my opinion is not fucking fact. I'll shut up now.

:up:

They're definitely great live. I'm jealous you got the Kids/Pokerface thing, and I had no clue they were covering Floyd! I need to listen to the new album more, I sorta forgot about it.

Impz is right about the release date. PeefWN3D and stuff!!!!!

I lost it when they rolled out the "Kids/Pokerface" mash-up. Laz can eat it.

Yeah, Rivers took a break and the guitarist (forget his name) covered the vocals for "Time." I haven't listened to the new album besides "If You Want Me to I'll Want Something" or something like that. The new tracks worked pretty well live.

I'm pretty sure I didn't need to read anything after this.

PLZ BAN?

Are they not ironic enough for the irony club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom