Interference Random Music Thread XII: GAF and the Liquid Courage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Left-field question, didn't feel like making a thread: who the fuck plays drums for Cocteau Twins? I'm on my fourth listen of Treasure (growing on me, I must say), and the drums really give the album the kick it needs. They sound great. It's either a (HIGHLY advanced, for the era) drum machine or a session man, because they supposedly never had a percussionist until the early '90s.

I always assumed it was a drum machine, but I have no clue. You may want to ask here, as I know Melon is a big fan and may know:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/cocteau-twins-138099.html

On a side note, if I was ever to make a "favorite songs EVAR!" list, Lorlei would likely be on the list.

you know, i don't listen to Doves Kingdom Of Rust album nearly enough. it's so damn good. them and Savage Garden of course.

So if Vamp. Weekend was able to debut at #1 with approx. 120,000 copies sold, what are the odds Spoon can take it next week?

They won't sell as much as VW, but they might not have to. Doesn't look like they have much competition.

So if Vamp. Weekend was able to debut at #1 with approx. 120,000 copies sold, what are the odds Spoon can take it next week?

They won't sell as much as VW, but they might not have to. Doesn't look like they have much competition.

That's be pretty cool to see two indie label albums take the #1 spot two weeks in a row. Spoon is #1 now on iTunes, for whatever that's worth.

Maybe I'm dense, but I don't really see any way Spoon doesn't take the top spot next week. I was under the impression they were bigger than Werewolf Holiday.

Since Vampire was supposedly the 12th independent label album to ever hit #1, it'd be sort of a big deal for two different independent albums to hit #1 two weeks in a row.

That kid looks so much like a guy I work with, it's ridiculous. Thank you for providing me with some entertainment to send around the office tomorrow, Impz.

Glad to be of service.

Alright, gang. Maybe only Cass McCombs can help me with this, but it's worth a shot anyway. Are jj worth getting into? I'm wary of any band who would put a photo of a leaf of the illegal narcotic marijuana (or "reefer") on their album cover, but I need a second opinion.

I was under the impression they were bigger than Werewolf Holiday.

I think your impression is wrong. Spoon has enjoyed a slightly smaller level of popularity for a longer period of time, but in no way did they achieve the fraternity house level that VW reached in 2008.

Well let's be honest, my impression of Spoon's popularity isn't exactly indicative of their national notoriety.

Not that I care about how well the thing sells, but it's undeniable that back-to-back weeks of an independent label taking the top spot is kind of a big deal.

The Grammar Police strike again. Hopefully that doesn't make you like the police in the LC! Thread.

calcoppromo13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom