Interference Random Music Thread Part VIII: Revenge of the Buttmeat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
raekwon-only-built-4cuban-linx-ii-cover.jpg

Now this is being listed as the cover, again. What the FUCK? Shit is grotesque.

That is ugly. Plus it's basically a remake of the first cover. In a different color. :down:

Ah ha! A 90s/00s artist you might like! It's from his latest album, The Ecstatic, which is fantastic. (I may or may not have also written a review for it for Interference.../shameless self-promotion)

Yeah, I figured you knew some of his older work. His first solo album, Black on Both Sides is great too, but the couple in-between that one and the latest are uneven at best.

:up:

Let me know what you think whenever you get around to it.

Also, I've decided that Starburst are the best candy ever made. Especially now that they come in these "FaveReds" bags with all red fruits instead of those odd lemon and orange ones.

:up:

Let me know what you think whenever you get around to it.

Also, I've decided that Starburst are the best candy ever made. Especially now that they come in these "FaveReds" bags with all red fruits instead of those odd lemon and orange ones.

I shall. Will likely be in doses, not sure I can listen to it all the way through.

Starburst are amazing.

I actually liked The New Danger a lot.

It's definitely a decent album. It doesn't help that it had to follow Black on Both Sides, plus he went with a more rock sound. I like "The Rape Over" a lot, but that got censored from a lot of the pressings.

Here's a trend I've noticed as it pertains to my musical tastes:

When Hip-Hop artists incorporate rock elements into their music, even just a little, I usually find myself liking it much more than their other offerings. I just drift towards it.

However, when rock bands incorporate hip-hop elements into their music, I usually hate it.

Keep me posted if they do that for the strawberry ones. Those are my joint.

Now I really liked that Mos Def tune. Thuggish rap, though, is something I just cannot get behind. This may be in part due to my suburban white boy upbringing giving me no frame of reference or connection to the music. This carries over to no taste for just about any of it, although once in a while something comes along that I really like (Outkast, Kanye, and that Mos Def song).

So I perceive the genre as overall shitty and that causes me to project that even onto the good stuff. I'm a racist.

Now, if I were from Texas' sweaty taint (Houston), I'd probably feel quite different.

Here's a trend I've noticed as it pertains to my musical tastes:

When Hip-Hop artists incorporate rock elements into their music, even just a little, I usually find myself liking it much more than their other offerings. I just drift towards it.

However, when rock bands incorporate hip-hop elements into their music, I usually hate it.

Generally rock bands incorporate hip-hop into their music poorly.

Here's a couple more videos from P.O.S., a Minneapolis artist that LM and I are fans of, who uses a live band all the time and is more of a hybrid hip-hop/rock artist:

YouTube - P.O.S - Optimist

YouTube - P.O.S - Purexed

Keep me posted if they do that for the strawberry ones. Those are my joint.

Now I really liked that Mos Def tune. Thuggish rap, though, is something I just cannot get behind. This may be in part due to my suburban white boy upbringing giving me no frame of reference or connection to the music. This carries over to no taste for just about any of it, although once in a while something comes along that I really like (Outkast, Kanye, and that Mos Def song).

So I perceive the genre as overall shitty and that causes me to project that even onto the good stuff. I'm a racist.

Now, if I were from Texas' sweaty taint (Houston), I'd probably feel quite different.

Strawberry ones are included, but there's also cherry, watermelon, and fruit punch. If they make an all strawberry one, it would make my life.

Understandable. I usually don't listen to "thuggish" rap, other than Tupac, who holds a soft place in my heart. But overall, now I listen to a lot more underground or "conscious" hip-hop, I guess. It's not a racist perception; it's one that's promoted by the mainstream media, who choose to both vilify and applaud thuggish behavior by the hip-hop artists who are promoted by the music industry.

Then you'd probably like some shitty chopped and screwed Southern rap. And that's no good.

I don't think that I'll ever like another Hip-Hop act as much as I liked A Tribe Called Quest.

Even with all the 80's acts I grew up with and loved, Tribe still outdid them in my esteem.

Then you'd probably like some shitty chopped and screwed Southern rap. And that's no good.

Funny story. A friend of mine programs and is quite excellent at it, so him and I and two other friends got together to make a chopped and screwed rap song for our buddies birthday. Programming dude made the beats and played the synths, I wrote the lyrics and played the guitar part, and the other two sang. It turned out so, so good. Just epic hilarity but the production values were fantastic. I'll try to put it up sometime.

Funny story. A friend of mine programs and is quite excellent at it, so him and I and two other friends got together to make a chopped and screwed rap song for our buddies birthday. Programming dude made the beats and played the synths, I wrote the lyrics and played the guitar part, and the other two sang. It turned out so, so good. I'll try to put it up sometime.

A thread popped up about the interference remix project, so I took a look at the links inside, and noticed that you had contributed to at least one song.

I sang on a few of those, actually. This was back when my voice was complete shit. I can actually sing now, which I'm sure you find hilarious given what you called my "twang."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom