Interference Random Music Thread Part VIII: Revenge of the Buttmeat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has NOTHING on Honey From The Tombs. Nothing. Not a bad record, but just nothing at all special. I was really expecting a lot, but I think I got too carried away. Nothing special.

That's disappointing. I'll still listen at some point this week, but consider it on the back burner now.

My weekend listening has contained a lot of Jimi Hendrix, particularly Axis: Bold as Love and Electric Ladyland. I certainly love me some Hendrix.

Electric Ladyland was one of the first albums I ever truly loved.

What with all our talk of THE CHAN! lately, I'd like to announce I just picked up the 180g The Greatest used for nine dollars.

It's worth it.

Pitchfork: Spider Named After David Bowie

Spider Named After David Bowie

Some of David Bowie's most celebrated work has used the word "spider" in its title: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, the Glass Spider tour. So it just makes sense that now there's a spider out there that bears David Bowie's name. And a particularly freaky-looking spider at that.

As the Telegraph reports (via the Daily Swarm), Peter Jäger, a German spider expert, has discovered a large, hairy, electric yellow arachnid and given it the name heteropoda davidbowie. The spider is native to certain parts of Malaysia, and it's also very endangered. According to the Telegraph, Jäger named the spider after Bowie specifically to get attention and publicity for their plight. Good PR move, Peter Jäger!

That's pretty freaky, Bowie. And I share a surname (sort of) with a German spider expert!

Receiving transmission from David Bowie's spider offspring
Do you read me, Lieutenant Bowie?

Well, in order to keep the Remasters thread from getting too out of control:

I'M ONLY HOOKING

When I get off early in the morning
shake my head, I'm still jawing
when I'm in the middle of a ream
grab the bed, then I scream

Please don't choke me, no
just poke me
leave cash on the bed
I'm only hooking

Everybody seems to think I'm cracked out
I just like to get my rack out
screwing everyone at such a speed
'til they finish, I will feed

Just eight bucks a lay
that's all you pay
and after all
I'm only hooking

Keeping my legs in the air for a guy that's on me
taking his time
lying there and staring at the ceiling
waiting for a seeping feeling

Just eight bucks a lay
that's all they pay
and after all
I'm only hooking

We really need a depository away from all other threads so we don't further annoy people.

A simple Lance's Mom inspired art thread should suffice. All songs, poems, haikus and photos that are about or are reminiscent of her are welcome, etc.

We really need a depository away from all other threads so we don't further annoy people.

A simple Lance's Mom inspired art thread should suffice. All songs, poems, haikus and photos that are about or are reminiscent of her are welcome, etc.

I so fully support this idea. As funny as y'all are...it does get frustrating sometimes.

Fantastic second entry into the Beatoffs catalog.

Where would an Interference Random Lance's Mom Talk logically fit? We don't all have access to Mr. Pussy's.

And is that really the best name they came up with for that place? And why do all the threads suck? And who cares about how often the mouth breathers on this forum have sex?

Where would an Interference Random Lance's Mom Talk logically fit? We don't all have access to Mr. Pussy's.

Probably out of control, though that seems to drive you and Laz crazy. Regardless, we need to take it out of here and the Beatles thread.

Lemonade Stand? It has to be there for something other than birthday threads, right?

And is that really the best name they came up with for that place? And why do all the threads suck? And who cares about how often the mouth breathers on this forum have sex?

It's truly barren over there. See what I did there? I can play this game too. :wink:

And, yeah, as useless as OOC is almost all of the time, that's probably where it'd have to go.

Hey, if Karen McCockville's crap can stay there, so can ours. Besides, Lance's Mom material shouldn't fall under "chatting", because it's not really conversation.

Of course, we could get relegated to Cream Out Loud.

Is THAT what Mr. Pussy's is for? That's a little disturbing. I mean, if you really needed to share wouldn't you just put it in your journal?

Is THAT what Mr. Pussy's is for? That's a little disturbing. I mean, if you really needed to share wouldn't you just put it in your journal?

It's really the only thread that gets activity in there. And most of the posts consist of a single drool smiley. Going to the photo thread to put faces with names is quite harrowing.

There could be a lot of stuff in that forum that turns out either hilarious or insightful. But instead it's a wasteland. What's even more remarkable is you have to be a premium member to get the "privilege" of access.

They could have easily named that forum something better than Mr. Pussy's, too. Maybe some bawdy lyric from a cockified Shuttlecock tune.

Interference Random Lance's Mom Talk - Part I: ______________________

How much you wanna bet it gets shut down.

And perhaps this sounds surprisingly sensitive, but I'm not sure if it's cool to actually put "Lance's Mom" in a thread title.

Okay, I just realized that YLB did it for a Random Movie Thread, but still.

Template FAIL.

Laz, both of the ongoing ZS threads have LM in the title. And they're not the first.

I don't see how people would have a problem with it, since it pushes what they don't like about the click-ish ramblings into one place.

Speaking of music, I asked about a spot on the local radio station today, but found out that I missed the open call by about a week. Spots open up next semester, so I'll try then, but in the meantime, I'll keep the iTunes shared lists going.

Speaking of music, I asked about a spot on the local radio station today, but found out that I missed the open call by about a week. Spots open up next semester, so I'll try then, but in the meantime, I'll keep the iTunes shared lists going.

That would be a great experience for you. One cool thing about the internets, it lets HS kids know a fuck load more about music than they did when I was a kid. If you didn't have a cool older sibling or access to a good college radio station, you knew fuck-all about music when you got to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom