Interference Random Music Thread Part VII: Hot Rice? I prefer the Shaved Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to shoot you with a Crossbow.

about_07.gif

Bullseye!

By the water, you say?

IMG_0342-1-1.jpg

Hey ladies.

Can you imagine, you're eating outside by the water....the weather is perfect, the conversation flowing....and, off in the distance, you see a.....skiff.....and on that skiff there's a mustachioed, behatted scenester staring at you? And he's probably about to get a SUI from the Harbor Patrol? No thanks.

Just the ones trying to be the next Green River Killer.

Yay, packing!

Martha's a-comin' to Seattle! :rockon:

I feel like he makes a lot more sense, now. Fassinating. Also, NSW...people will disagree with me, but Fakebook is one of the best Yo La Tengo albums of them all. "Griselda," alone, is better than anything recorded by a great many artists. "Barnaby, Hardly Working," "Speeding Motorcycle," "Yellow Sarong," "Here Comes My Baby," and particularly "Andalucia"...all unreal. Remarkably cohesive, for a cover album; and remarkably great, for any album.

I feel bad for:

Scumbo, because this shit will drive him berserk

Onebloodonelife, because she likes this thread and loves music and now has to wade through all this crap

HOT RICE

:lol:

I'm more impressed that you guys managed to have mayyybe 3 posts about music in here out of 100 or so. Well done.

Finally got around to listening to Girls Can Tell, and I think it's safe to say I like it more than Gimme Fiction. Off of the first listen, it feels like a more solid album to me, instead of a more singles-oriented one.

That's fair. I often describe it as their best, even though I enjoy Gimme Fiction more.

But I'm not sure if its high points surpass Beast & Dragon, Sister Jack, and I Summon You.

The first track, maybe.

Have you heard Kill the Moonlight yet? That's kind of the true test. Some people think it's their best, while others (like myself) don't find it very inviting. I'd place it at their second worst, above Telephono.

Finally got around to listening to Girls Can Tell, and I think it's safe to say I like it more than Gimme Fiction. Off of the first listen, it feels like a more solid album to me, instead of a more singles-oriented one.

"Everything Hits at Once" is a favorite of all Spoon fans. Gimme Fiction and Kill the Moonlight are the only better albums.

WTF is a Texas Tea in a mson jar? Good night.

That's fair. I often describe it as their best, even though I enjoy Gimme Fiction more.

But I'm not sure if its high points surpass Beast & Dragon, Sister Jack, and I Summon You.

The first track, maybe.

Have you heard Kill the Moonlight yet? That's kind of the true test. Some people think it's their best, while others (like myself) don't find it very inviting. I'd place it at their second worst, above Telephono.

I'd probably agree with you about the peaks on both albums, but I'd say that (again, after one listen) that Girls Can Tell is more consistent throughout.

I have not. It's sitting in my iTunes waiting for a listen. I might throw it on after I finish listening to Music for 18 Musicians.

"Everything Hits at Once" is a favorite of all Spoon fans. Gimme Fiction and Kill the Moonlight are the only better albums.

WTF is a Texas Tea in a mson jar? Good night.

The first three songs were fantastic. Usually I try to rate an album as I'm listening to it for the first time, and Girls Can Tell started off with a bunch of high marks and kept it up the whole time, while Gimme Fiction had decent marks, but not quite as good as Girls Can Tell.

I met a cute girl tonight who'd never heard of Woodstock. Fuck my life.

I met a cute girl tonight who'd never heard of Woodstock. Fuck my life.

That's just not okay. How does somebody get through a good chunk of their life without hearing about one of the greatest moments in rock history?

I don't know. Apparently she's aquainted with mt famous ex too. Weirdness. But she was from east Texas. That explains a lot and is exemplary of the accent NSW accuses me of having.

You know what's a good song? "Cheerleader."

True.

Mesquite smoked turkey tastes as good as Veckatimest sounds good. Fuck my new neighbors. Blaring this shit.

I'd love to take a pinchy poo, but it may push me over The Hedge.

Do it. I mean, it could be worse, at least you're not blaring Whitesnake or something equally as awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom