Interference Random Music Thread Part VII: Hot Rice? I prefer the Shaved Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think again:

ShylockMoneyLender.jpg

Ahhhhh I thought you meant it was due yesterday and got pushed back.

Well it's still purty but I don't want to drop $30 on it right now. Maybe if I get one of the seven jobs I applied for yesterday.

Ahhhhh I thought you meant it was due yesterday and got pushed back.

Well it's still purty but I don't want to drop $30 on it right now. Maybe if I get one of the seven jobs I applied for yesterday.

Yeah, I wasn't terribly clear. Of course, now Amazon claims it has been discontinued, so who knows. Before, they said it was being released in December sometime. The whole release was a bit weird.

It's very nice looking, plus it's about time there was a vinyl release of the album outside of Germany. I'm planning on grabbing it next week, after payday/financial aid money rolls in. I'm so glad I have a job both now and for the school year. Good luck landing one you applied for!

Currently enjoying that 1993 double-live disc from The Velvet Underground. Man, what a great recording. Just bummed I wasn't able to see one of those shows, and I still can't believe they were opening for Shuttlecock.

Pitchfork would choke on their own intestines trying to reconcile that it if it happened today. Of course, they probably would have been kinder in the CockTV era anyway.

Never heard that VU set. Sounds like it's worth checking out.

It's a wonder that I'm still not sick of In Ghost Colours after playing it so many G-d damn times.

Were the Afghan Whigs one of the Top 5 bands of the 90's?

Yes.

Congregation, Uptown Avondale EP, Gentlemen, What Jail is Like EP, Black Love, Bonnie & Clyde EP, 1965, and then throw in their status as one of the best live bands EVER.

For the record,

the other four would be:

Shuttlecock
Pavement
R.E.M.
Blur

Alternate: Pearl Jam

Sorry, Radiocock, but 2 great albums just aren't enough to make the shortlist, but your crown for the 00's probably won't be disputed.

Next time I log on, I'll be in my dorm room. Until then, Interland.

Awesome, have fun moving.

Anyone else listened to Hospice by The Antlers? It's pretty good, I have to say. Going to give Humbug a spin next since it leaked in its entirety today.

Probably, but I'll go ahead and make a shameful confession and say I liked "Cold Hard Bitch."

How about drawn and quartered, William Wallace-style?

Brutal.

Humbug was a solid album, definitely needs some more listens. Probably nothing they put out will top Whatever People Say That I Am, That's What I'm Not for me though. That album was too significant in my high school years to be bested by something short of completely amazing.

I keep being told to listen to them by a buddy whose taste I respect. Even asked in the thread to start with LP1 or LP2.

I can't see it. I just can't.

I think it's more of a nostalgic thing than anything else for me. Every once in awhile, I'll throw one of their albums on, and then not listen to them for months again.

Going to give Humbug a spin next since it leaked in its entirety today.

Huh?

Humbug leaked in its entirety on July 29th. Which, if I'm not mistaken, does not = "today." And please go post about it in the Arctic Monkeys thread. My boys from High Green need all the internet love they can get. God bless 'em.

Humbug sounds like every other Arctic Monkeys record, except for the occasional sludgy guitar riff. The idea that the album would be in any way psychedelic got me so pumped that I'm still disappointed with the final product.

I suppose if I want to listen to Queens Of The Stone Age, I could always do that, rather than expect the Arctic Monkeys to transmogrify themselves. Whatever They Say I Am is still a great record.

Huh?

Humbug leaked in its entirety on July 29th. Which, if I'm not mistaken, does not = "today." And please go post about it in the Arctic Monkeys thread. My boys from High Green need all the internet love they can get. God bless 'em.

She means in good quality

Correct. I'm a quality snob and was waiting for a V0 rip. Did the same when Veckatimest leaked in super-shitty quality. It's not worth listening to leaks if the music doesn't sound like it's supposed to, in my opinion.

Man, you too? I don't understand why this thread in particular is such a threat to the rest of B&C.

Humbug is a good album, but I don't like it as much as Favourite Worst Nightmare. To me, that'll be a tough album to top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom