Interference Random Music Thread Part VII: Hot Rice? I prefer the Shaved Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd probably go with "Gimme Shelter" or "Moonlight Mile."

Yeah, I'd probably go with "Gimme Shelter" or "Moonlight Mile."

Really? Moonlight Mile is my personal fav, but I didn't know it had such a big following.

Other top ones for me are Beast of Burden (perhaps the only song post-70's that's absolutely essential; MAYBE Waiting on a Friend as well), Under My Thumb, Gimme Shelter, Loving Cup, and You Can't Always Get What You Want, which will never wear out its welcome.

The peak of the song is near the end when those little electric guitar licks come in, followed by the strings playing the same part. HEAVEN.

Really? Moonlight Mile is my personal fav, but I didn't know it had such a big following.

Other top ones for me are Beast of Burden (perhaps the only song post-70's that's absolutely essential; MAYBE Waiting on a Friend as well), Under My Thumb, Gimme Shelter, Loving Cup, and You Can't Always Get What You Want, which will never wear out its welcome.

Moonlight Mile is also one of my favorites.

Beast Of Burden isn't post-70's, though.

from IGN:

The Beatles: Rock Band Full Set List (Almost)
August 13, 2009 - Several websites are reporting the newest issue of Game Informer reveals 44 of 45 songs of the final set list for The Beatles: Rock Band.

We don't have the issue in our hands just yet, but certain subscribers apparently do, so until then we are not confirming this list of songs just yet.

The magazine states it has already reviewed the game, so it seems unlikely the track listing would still remain hidden, though Game Informer isn't giving away the last remaining track.

We put in a word to MTV to get clarification of this. You can check out the list below.

Singles
I Want To Hold Your Hand
I Feel Fine
Day Tripper
Paperback Writer
Revolution
Don't Let Me Down

Please Please Me (1963)
I Saw Her Standing There
Boys
Do You Want To Know A Secret
Twist and Shout

With the Beatles (1963)
I Wanna Be Your Man

A Hard Day's Night (1964)
A Hard Day's Night
Can't Buy Me Love

Beatles For Sale (1964)
Eight Days a Week

Help! (1965)
Ticket To Ride

Rubber Soul (1965)
Drive My Car
I'm Looking Through You
If I Needed Someone

Revolver (1966)
Taxman
Yellow Submarine
And Your Bird Can Sing

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With a Little Help From My Friends
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Getting Better
Good Morning Good Morning

Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
I Am The Walrus
Hello Goodbye

The Beatles (White Album) (1968)
Dear Prudence
Back In the U.S.S.R.
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Birthday
Helter Skelter

Yellow Submarine (1969)
Hey Bulldog

Abbey Road (1969)
Come Together
Something
Octopus's Garden
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Here Comes the Sun

Let It Be (1970)
Dig a Pony
I Me Mine
I Got a Feeling
Get Back

Love (2006)
Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows

good choice from Love...

Still missing one song apparently - It seems to be missing some "obvious tracks" imo like Help!, Norwegian Wood, A Day In The Life or Let It Be for example but maybe those tracks don't work well in the "Rock Band" sense...

A full medley of Abbey Road Side B would be awesome as well but I'm sure that's too complicated... There's always the inevitable download packs afterward though...

Well, I could complain about there being only one Lennon song from the White Album, and no Strawberry Fields, but I am MAJORLY excited about these:

And Your Bird Can Sing
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Dig A Pony
Don't Let Me Down
Hey Bulldog
Dear Prudence

Really didn't expect any of those, and the decision makers (whether it be the Rock Band people, the surviving Beatles/family members, or both) should be commended for thinking outside the popular box.

I am mystified about the inclusion of Good Morning, though. Who gives a shit?

"And Your Bird Can Sing" was a big, welcome surprise to me too.

All this crap makes me actually want the game, although I'd only play it twice maybe.

That's been my problem with them too. Couple that with overwhelmingly shitty songs (who wants to play shit by Avenged Sevenfold?), and there is little to like. This is why Beatles Rock Band seemed like such a bad idea at first. But after seeing the list of songs, the opening cinematic, and the trailer, there really isn't any doubt they've done a hell of a job staying true to the all-important Beatles spirit.

It seems like the Rock Band franchise is more in tune with actually making something worthwhile than the insipid Guitar Hero. The Johnny Cash thing is still pissing me off.

Hell yes, the song list looks great, so that's a pleasant surprise. But, yeah, my interest in actually buying it is not piqued even a little. I'd rather shoot people on my console.

Or pitch a shutout against them.

Oh, my interest isn't piqued either. My disdain for the project has vanished, but that doesn't mean I'll shell out ridiculous amounts of money for the thing. It's a neat little piece of Beatles merchandise and nothing more. You certainly don't need it to be a completist. The big draw for me is the attention to detail from era to era and the amazing background visuals (everything from Shea to an octopus' garden). It's neat to see once. And at least the whole thing is better than Across the Universe.

And I'd rather make Elfa eat shit on the ice, but he's got a PS3. Such is life.

Oh, my interest isn't piqued either. My disdain for the project has vanished, but that doesn't mean I'll shell out ridiculous amounts of money for the thing. It's a neat little piece of Beatles merchandise and nothing more. You certainly don't need it to be a completist. The big draw for me is the attention to detail from era to era and the amazing background visuals (everything from Shea to an octopus' garden). It's neat to see once. And at least the whole thing is better than Across the Universe.

And I'd rather make Elfa eat shit on the ice, but he's got a PS3. Such is life.

I'd buy NHL '09 for the Xbox if I thought I'd ever see you online again.

Admittedly, I haven't played a lot of Xbox lately. When I do, it's NHL 09 or NCAA 10. I saw Gears 2 is only $40 now, too. Maybe when I get a fucking job I'll buy it. Still can't find one.

Blah blah blah something about music.

No bartending?

I could potentially join the XBox world come college. My roommate has one.

I just hope he doesn't ban me from using it when he sees how inept I am. I play so few video games, I'm fucking horrid at them.

No bartending?

I could potentially join the XBox world come college. My roommate has one.

I just hope he doesn't ban me from using it when he sees how inept I am. I play so few video games, I'm fucking horrid at them.

Not yet. Still working on finding a job. The school prints lists on Fridays but when I went up there today, the computer was fried. The all-new list is coming out Tuesday, so I'll be hitting the pavement pretty hard. Hopefully I'll start work next week if all goes well.

You can't be any worse than Scumbo at Call of Duty: World at War. He's not a bad player, but the guy doesn't even appreciate a good ole fashioned teabag. Come on!

My parents are coming in for a visit next weekend, which is always cool. What's better is Steve Earle is doing an ACL taping that Friday night. Hoping to pull some passes for it. My dad is a huge fan.

I have aim that could be compared to every single person who ever shot a gun at James Bond.

How frequently do your parents visit?

Infrequently. I've been here three years now and this will only be the second visit they've both made, the first being in January. My dad came down in April by himself for THE STEEN! though.

I have aim that could be compared to every single person who ever shot a gun at James Bond.

This is actually a fantastic way of saying "I have bad aim." Well done.

Meanwhile, it's Friday night. There is no better night. Would you guys agree? Yes? Good.

Infrequently. I've been here three years now and this will only be the second visit they've both made, the first being in January. My dad came down in April by himself for THE STEEN! though.

So, they live pretty far away I take it?

This is actually a fantastic way of saying "I have bad aim." Well done.

Meanwhile, it's Friday night. There is no better night. Would you guys agree? Yes? Good.

Thanks, I try.

I only agree for one more week. Once I'm at college and don't have to get up for church on Sunday morning, Saturday night will rival it for greatness.

So, they live pretty far away I take it?

It's more laziness than anything, really. Ft. Worth to Austin is no drive at all. As you know, I do it a lot.

And Saturday is normally the best night of the week, except for football season. It's the best day of the week then, but after a long day of watching football and drinking/eating in a hot parking lot, going out doesn't tend to happen. Something about day drinking (which I absolutely adore) kills the night (in Texas, at least). You're just too beat and either still drunk or already hungover after a day in the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom