Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, I can't help but think that the explosion of this new "I'mma let you finish" meme is distracting us from the real issue at hand when it comes to that incident at the VMAs.

That issue, of course, being that Taylor Swift is the best person.

I'll pass on the message. I live near her.

This all pleases me. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the re-mastur-ings in ye ole Beatles thread. You've actually listened to more of the remasters than I have now...

It's been so long since I listened to these songs that it's hard to compare. Plus, my car stereo is not great....that being said, it seemed to my ears that I most noticed a difference on the last album of the day: Rubber Soul. This could be because of the six, that's the one I'm clearly most familiar with.

Still, it was a pleasure to finally give them a listen while on the road.

If you could say just one thing to Taylor Swift, THE GAFFER, what would it be? And what would you be wearing?

Interesting question. It obviously depends on the circumstances of the encounter. But, most likely, I'd be wearing jeans and a T-Shirt and I'd say "Hi Taylor, I really love your music." Then I would gauge my next move on the response she gives to my opening statement.

Just make sure to say music instead of pudendum.

Glad you're digging the remasters, No Broken Serves. Now go getcha some of that sweet, sweet Super 8 azzzzz.

Hey Impy, Did you see this? Sorry it's such a huge image:

I did. There were about four Kanye related signs, from what I saw. For the most part, it was one of the weaker crops of Gameday signs I've seen in a while. Best part of the show? Bevo pinching one off followed by Fowler cracking up and saying "great timing, big fella."

I did. There were about four Kanye related signs, from what I saw. For the most part, it was one of the weaker crops of Gameday signs I've seen in a while. Best part of the show? Bevo pinching one off followed by Fowler cracking up and saying "great timing, big fella."

I've just been every so often checking that ridiculous site, and saw that one, immediately thought of you. The irl ones amuse me the most.

And that's just....fantastic.

Oh yeah? Do tell.

Anyway, how's your sex music life?

You're familiar with the White Out? Yeah, we're doing that for College GameDay too.

I listened to both BSS albums. Awesome. I also listened to Veckatimist and enjoyed that too. All of them need more listens.

Also, not all of The Beatles stuff works, but a majority of it does, which is a big accomplishment.

You're familiar with the White Out? Yeah, we're doing that for College GameDay too.

I listened to both BSS albums. Awesome. I also listened to Veckatimist and enjoyed that too. All of them need more listens.

Also, not all of The Beatles stuff works, but a majority of it does, which is a big accomplishment.

BSS >>> THE GRIZ!!!

But I did come around to the Griz after a few listens.

THE PEEF DAWG GUYZ!!!! WHITE OUT!!!!

YFIIP has grown on me a lot. I still think it's less an album than a collection of unrelated studio constructions, but LOVER'S SPIT, man. KC Accidental. Stars And Sons. Almost Crimes. Anthems. That's some good shit.

There's a White Out for the FSU/USF game, too. I'm waiting for Blackface Out.

I just got a text from a buddy at the University of Pittsburgh who is absolutely distraught from having witnessed an innocent man get beaten into hospitalization by riot police. Every Pitt person's status on Facebook is a reference to shit they've seen tonight.

There's a White Out for the FSU/USF game, too. I'm waiting for Blackface Out.

Because why not?

roger-blackface.jpg

I just got a text from a buddy at the University of Pittsburgh who is absolutely distraught from having witnessed an innocent man get beaten into hospitalization by riot police. Every Pitt person's status on Facebook is a reference to shit they've seen tonight.

Crazy stuff. A guy tried to blow up a building in the Cradle of Imperorzation today too:

Man arrested in alleged attempt to bomb Dallas skyscraper | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Anyway, gang. Here's the rub. Moon Pix is probably my favorite Cat Power album. Am I being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian? Do we need a Cat Power exclusive thread? Will Lance ever reunite with Fake Chan?

Interesting question. It obviously depends on the circumstances of the encounter. But, most likely, I'd be wearing jeans and a T-Shirt and I'd say "Hi Taylor, I really love your music." Then I would gauge my next move on the response she gives to my opening statement.

Your next move would be reeling from the punches of her security team, as you shout "Don't tase me, bro!"

It's ok, pfan. The Mayor noted that there was minimal property damage, so everything's fine in P-Town.

And the drawing could be from her ill-advised foray into the world of geishas.

In other news, "Rome" is my favorite song off Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix by a pretty wide margin. That's not saying everything else isn't good to great, but something about that one in particularly kills me. What's great about the album, though, is how I'm still not sick of it so many months later. And I get to see them a week from today. Good times.

As I convert my cds to Apple Lossless, I really notice the difference in quality (when comparing it to the average 192-256kbps my mp3s had been). I like how close to cd it sounds.

And the drawing could be from her ill-advised foray into the world of geishas.

Wasn't that described in The Ballad of Johns in Tokyo?

In other news, "Rome" is my favorite song off Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix by a pretty wide margin. That's not saying everything else isn't good to great, but something about that one in particularly kills me. What's great about the album, though, is how I'm still not sick of it so many months later. And I get to see them a week from today. Good times.

Not sure what my favorite is. Probably Fences? Maybe one of the first two songs? It feels weird picking a catchy song, but that seems to be all they're able to write.

I just listened to the previous album yesterday and I still maintain it's superior to Wolfgang. Those first 6 songs are all perfect.

Glad you brought it up, because I'll have to give that previous album a few listens before seeing them next week.

And "Fences" is up there for me too. There's really not a track on that album I don't like though. "1901" is starting to wear out its welcome, but only because I've heard it more than the rest thanks to commercials and radio.

I think "Rome" would have been the best closer, for what it's worth.

"Love Like a Sunset" is fucking epic. "Lisztomania" is my pick for the catchiest track, but yeah, not a weak song on the album.

They did "Lisztomania" on Jimmy Fallon's show last night and it was great. Great track. Flame if you want, but some of the guitar lines in there remind me a LOT of The Strokes.

Also, Fallon's interview with Megan Fox earlier in the show was a fucking trainwreck. He is an awful, awful interviewer. I'm beating a dead horse with that, but still. If he didn't have Lorne Michaels in his pocketbook he would have been outta there after day 1 on the job.

They did "Lisztomania" on Jimmy Fallon's show last night and it was great. Great track. Flame if you want, but some of the guitar lines in there remind me a LOT of The Strokes.

Phoenix deserves better than to be included in a paragraph with Jimmy Fallon and The Strokes.

Back
Top Bottom