Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
13 Songs, which Waiting Room is from, is my fav. personally. I guess it's an EP compilation and not an album though, but it's relatively popular among the fannies, as is Repeater.

TMJ. I probably grind my teeth when I sleep. I got a spiffy mouthguard, which is taking me back to my high school foosball days.

But now I feel sick, which is awesome. H1N1, here I come! Hopefully it clears up by ACL.

Speaking of ACL, BSS aren't playing the festival but are doing a free aftershow the first night. R. S. V. P'd.

I can relate to your mouth-related woes. I had braces for three years and have somewhat straighter teeth but no natural jaw alignment, which gives me pain from time to time.

TMJ. I probably grind my teeth when I sleep. I got a spiffy mouthguard, which is taking me back to my high school foosball days.

Speaking of ACL, BSS aren't playing the festival but are doing a free aftershow the first night. R. S. V. P'd.

Ooh, fancy. And, really, you wore a mouthguard for foosball? Must've been quite the intense team...or you meant football...

Nice, enjoy that. Maybe you'll get the fully reunited lineup and everything.

I can relate to your mouth-related woes. I had braces for three years and have somewhat straighter teeth but no natural jaw alignment, which gives me pain from time to time.

I had braces twice, so maybe it's the same thing for me.

Ooh, fancy. And, really, you wore a mouthguard for foosball? Must've been quite the intense team...or you meant football...

I'm a competitor.

Nice, enjoy that. Maybe you'll get the fully reunited lineup and everything.

Oh. G-d. That'd be better than the entire festival. It's funny how even seeing them once already this year, I'm more excited for this show than anything at the festival.

I'm a competitor.

I see what you did there.

Oh. G-d. That'd be better than the entire festival. It's funny how even seeing them once already this year, I'm more excited for this show than anything at the festival.

Haha, really? Is the lineup that bad? I mean, BSS is amazing, but for them alone to be cause for more excitement than the entire festival means it must be pretty poor.

The two times I've seen BSS have been some of my favorite shows ever, especially the first. So it's definite cause for excitement, especially given the fact that it's free and it's the grand opening of a new venue in this old power plant.

The lineup isn't that bad. And the Beastie Boys cancellation led to YYY, which definitely knocked it up a bit. Here's what my days are going to consist of:

Friday: School of Seven Bells (mere curiosity as a Secret Machines fan), Blitzen Trapper, Dr. Dog, The Walkmen, Phoenix, Andrew Bird (since Lily Allen dropped out), YYY

Saturday: The Henry Clay People (on Laz's recommendation), Deer Tick, The Raveonettes, !!!, THE GRIZ!, Bon Iver, DeVotchKa, the Decemberists, and maybe Ghostland for the hundredth time if I feel like sticking around for the headliners

Sunday: Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, Here We Go Magic, the B-52s just to hear "Rock Lobster," Heartless Bastards, Passion Pit, Dirty Projectors (seeing them the 26th too, so may skip this and spend the entire time at Passion Pit), the Dead Weather, and Girl Talk

So it's not as bad as I initially thought when the lineup came out, but there's very little that makes me go WOW, you know? I'm most excited for my first go-arounds with YYY and Grizz.

Look at that. You guys bring up BSS right as I'm listening to You Forgot It in People for the first time.

The two times I've seen BSS have been some of my favorite shows ever, especially the first. So it's definite cause for excitement, especially given the fact that it's free and it's the grand opening of a new venue in this old power plant.

The lineup isn't that bad. And the Beastie Boys cancellation led to YYY, which definitely knocked it up a bit. Here's what my days are going to consist of:

Friday: School of Seven Bells (mere curiosity as a Secret Machines fan), Blitzen Trapper, Dr. Dog, The Walkmen, Phoenix, Andrew Bird (since Lily Allen dropped out), YYY

Saturday: The Henry Clay People (on Laz's recommendation), Deer Tick, The Raveonettes, !!!, THE GRIZ!, Bon Iver, DeVotchKa, the Decemberists, and maybe Ghostland for the hundredth time if I feel like sticking around for the headliners

Sunday: Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, Here We Go Magic, the B-52s just to hear "Rock Lobster," Heartless Bastards, Passion Pit, Dirty Projectors (seeing them the 26th too, so may skip this and spend the entire time at Passion Pit), the Dead Weather, and Girl Talk

So it's not as bad as I initially thought when the lineup came out, but there's very little that makes me go WOW, you know? I'm most excited for my first go-arounds with YYY and Grizz.

Free definitely bumps it up a notch.

There's quite a few people on that list I'd be pumped to see. And, it's your first time seeing the Grizzlies?!? Man, you're gonna love it. Only one more week 'til I get to see them again, and I can't wait.

Not this one but the following, which gives me another week and a half to get back to full strength.

Of course, we've got a game Saturday, so I need to get back to tailgating strength first.

You got it, Marther.

I got that, and I probably wouldn't have done anything if it weren't for your insistence. So thanks again. I really do appreciate it.

None needed. Glad you did something about it, and that it's nothing too serious.

Also, this:

THE FUCKING PEEF DAWG!

I just bought the new Pearl Jam album. I have that and the new Muse, along with the Beatle Remasters to listen to on the road. After I'm done with those, I'll rotate random CD's in and out of the player. My car and Ipod do not get along, so it's CD's the whole way.

Sounds like a pretty full slate. Did you ever end up picking up Love? I'm about to post a pretty bold declaration about it in the Beatles thread.

I never did, no, but I will.....

I have all these unlabeled CD's I burned in my car.....I love using them and not knowing if it's a mixed CD, an album, etc......sometimes I'm just in the mood to be surprised by my own music.

Does that stand for Too Much Jerky? That's what you get for being a stereotypical Texan.

headgear.jpg

Saturday: The Henry Clay People (on Laz's recommendation)

Nice. I saw them recently at a poolside BBQ. I think you're gonna have a good time. Some of their covers were a little obvious, but they got their shit down.

I never did, no, but I will.....

I have all these unlabeled CD's I burned in my car.....I love using them and not knowing if it's a mixed CD, an album, etc......sometimes I'm just in the mood to be surprised by my own music.

Same thing here. Most CDs in my car are unlabeled MP3 CDs with seven or so albums on them. It's always a treat blindly grabbing one from the back seat and seeing what's on it.

Does that stand for Too Much Jerky? That's what you get for being a stereotypical Texan.

Something like that. I had some delicious buffalo (the animal, not the sauce) jerky recently. Maybe that caused it.

Nice. I saw them recently at a poolside BBQ. I think you're gonna have a good time. Some of their covers were a little obvious, but they got their shit down.

Well they're playing bright and early, taking one of the first slots of the day. So a few obvious covers while I get day-drunk in the sun might be just what the Deputy ordered.

Speaking of Deputy: I didn't mention this last night since I left, but Manning being called the Sheriff during MNF cracked me up.

Either i've been drinking too much DayQuil, or I just saw Jim James dressed in a nice suit playing a badass old-school Rickenbacker bass guitar on Conan O'brien. What the fuck is going on. Have you guys discussed this and I missed it or what? Are these monsters of folk any good? The song sounded alright and it looked like they were havin a great time up there.

Back
Top Bottom