Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, sorry that it came to that, but at least you're parting ways mutually and on good terms. Timing is pretty much everything in life. And long distance is a bitch, yes.

It really is everything. And the timing of everything couldn't be worse. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed about the whole thing, but it's not going to affect me negatively or anything.

Plus now I'm free to boink Amber Coffman next month.

So the ad doesn't say anything about Backspacer? I'm confused.

Again, it's not the ads themselves, it's the pathetic excuses. I can't stand that these bores are viewed as indie heroes while Shuttlecock is reviled.

No, it mentions the album.

Well, that makes more sense. Point taken.

It really is everything. And the timing of everything couldn't be worse. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed about the whole thing, but it's not going to affect me negatively or anything.

Plus now I'm free to boink Amber Coffman next month.

(COFF)goodluck(COFF).

So the ad doesn't say anything about Backspacer? I'm confused.

Again, it's not the ads themselves, it's the pathetic excuses. I can't stand that these bores are viewed as indie heroes while Shuttlecock is reviled.

I can't help but fault a lot of Wilco's fanbase for that though. It's not all their doing. A band doesn't give themselves the kind of reputation they have to maintain. I know at least personally, I could give two shits what kind of reputation any band or artist has. In the majority of cases my opinion of an artist is almost exclusively fueled by their work and that alone. That said, I can see where you're bitter about it. But does their attitude or reputation really mean all that much in the long run? I know you aren't the biggest fan of Wilco's music either, and that's OK, but it seems like you are overly bitter because of stuff like this. :shrug: Never understood this sort of thing though. Maybe I'm missing something.

I can't help but fault a lot of Wilco's fanbase for that though. It's not all their doing. A band doesn't give themselves the kind of reputation they have to maintain. I know at least personally, I could give two shits what kind of reputation any band or artist has. In the majority of cases my opinion of an artist is almost exclusively fueled by their work and that alone. That said, I can see where you're bitter about it. But does their attitude or reputation really mean all that much in the long run? I know you aren't the biggest fan of Wilco's music either, and that's OK, but it seems like you are overly bitter because of stuff like this. :shrug: Never understood this sort of thing though. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for putting to words how I feel about this.

If you dislike the music, then there's not a lot to talk about it. But, for me, I'll never understand feeling bitterness, deep or otherwise, towards a band for issues like that.

I'm not saying it's wrong, or anything like that.....I just do not even come close to getting it.

I haven't actually experienced it yet, but this has been my issue with Swing as an opener since it was suggested. I still think the title track would be better.

Agreed. The title track just seems so perfect as an opener, I wonder why U2 didn't go with it. The message of Breathe is a good opening message, but No Line seems like such a breath (heh) of fresh air in comparison and definitely raises the energy in the room far better than breathe.

It is a fantastic recording, but I will say I love the "hear us serving love, double-fault...", which really puts those occasional live versions over the top.

I do love that part too, but there's something about the way everything comes together in the studio that's mesmerizing for me. And I do love Bono's vocals in the studio - the emotional rawness in that performance is something else.

Please keep in mind that I was rooting for these guys when the whole Yankoff Hotel Cocktrot thing went down, as Being There is pretty high up on my Best Albums of the 90's list. And I like the album a good deal, but always found the oh-so-quirky lyrics of VWilcock Mark II to be a bit eye-rolling at times. After this I saw the documentary, and found Tweedledee to be a total jackass. I think it's pathetic what happened with Jay Bennett. At any rate, I was still excited when A Cock Is Borne came out, and prefer it to its predecessor. And I find Cock Blew Cock to be a pleasant listen, but you know, not much different from what I could get by listening to some of the Grateful Dead I have. I don't see what the big deal is. They're just not doing anything interesting compared to some of the other big bands.

If you dislike the music, then there's not a lot to talk about it. But, for me, I'll never understand feeling bitterness, deep or otherwise, towards a band for issues like that.

I'm not saying it's wrong, or anything like that.....I just do not even come close to getting it.

When Pete Townshend sold Bargain to Nissan, a little piece of me died. That's a song about dealing with God and trying to find Him, and now a whole group of people think it's about what a good deal a crappy car is. Pete's rationalization that's it's his song and his money is bullshit.

Same story with Led Zeppelin in a Cadillac commercial, really.

When Pete Townshend sold Bargain to Nissan, a little piece of me died. That's a song about dealing with God and trying to find Him, and now a whole group of people think it's about what a good deal a crappy car is. Pete's rationalization that's it's his song and his money is bullshit.

I totally hear what you're saying.

Maybe if A Sort of Homecoming popped up in a Motel 6 commercial, I'd feel the same way....

But up to now, I've not really cared that much when artists' music accompanies commercials.

We'd be a lot more offended by Crazy Tonight being in a phone commercial if it wasn't throwaway pop.

Revolution being used for Nike shoes was about as bad as it could possibly get, and that was one of the first.

Michael Jackson may not have experienced instant karma for that one, but I find the more drawn-out, suffering karma more satisfying. Like with Ronald Reagan.

Re: the video I just posted.

#2: I'd put a battery in her Game Gear, if you get my meaning.
#3: This must be a deleted scene from The Informant.

I'm going to a show at a theater, I've never been to a theater gig, and I have no idea where I should get seats from, this is the map they have, does anyone have some advice?

colorReservedWings.jpg

I'd rather do GA, but I'm going with a friend who doesn't want to try it.

One of the cocktail tables on the lower level should be good. I've never been to something like that and had it ticketed, but my time in similar venues has been very well spent hanging out at a table like that.

Having a seat like that affords you more of an opportunity to stretch out and get comfortable. Plus you've got a nice little table to rest your Tanq and tonics one.

Though, Shit, lol, looking at that map again, I think I screwed up a little. The map got really weird when you clicked on it to pick individual seats, and I *thought* I was getting seats next to each other, but there might be a bit of an aisle between :doh:. Oh well, I'll just feign like I didn't know.

You shouldn't have a problem moving people around in a setting like that.

Got another question about theater gigs. Would it be in my best interest to bring ear plugs?

Back
Top Bottom