Interference Random Music Talk: Rick Rubin produces the XX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Out of Cold Storage is just about as essential a box set as you'll ever find. Haven't listened to Deceit in probably four years, at this point, but that's not because it sucks. Just be warned that it doesn't sound like "Health and Efficiency." It's much closer to musique concrete.

This shit happened with Mission of Burma for me. The EPs are as essential as the big LP, and it's not always possible to sit down and listen to it all at once.

1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Once upon a time, Laz, when I was making a list of '90s albums to listen to you recommended The It Girl by Sleeper, and I just wanted to let you know that I thought it was incredibly sweet and awesomely chipper, and enjoyed it very much.

You never got their final album, Pleased to Meet You? Very good stuff, not as good as The It Girl but along the same lines.

I think I had to buy a used import or something.

Glad I'm not alone with love for The It Girl. The lyrics are fantastic and the album has an abundance of hooky songs.

Coincidentally, lead singer Louise Wener is a tribe member (I think she was voted most eligible Jewish bachelorette at one point by some British rag), and since the band's demise has gone on to become a fairly successful novelist. She has one book about a struggling musician (but written from a male first-person POV) called Goodnight Steve McQueen, which I enjoyed immensely, and another about a girl who becomes a gambler called The Big Blind (aka The Perfect Play) which was almost as good.

Just realized I missed Scumdog Thousandaire's birthday. Sorry, broseph. I was out of town all day Saturday. Happy belated.

Also, the Avey Tare LP is really good. But you knew I was going to say that.

Just because I'm steering clear of the MLB thread doesn't mean I'm not watching the games. Although I watched last night's on the DVR after getting back from seeing THE SOOF!

A Dublin show has been announced! :yippie:

It's the news all Irish fans have been waiting for - Elbow have just confirmed a Dublin date for their spring tour 2011.

Fresh from being crowned Best International Band at the 2009 Irish Music Awards, Elbow will be bringing their arena tour to the Emerald Isle for a show at Dublin's 02 Arena on March 31st, their largest Irish headline show ever.

The band are looking forward to the chance to thank their Irish fans personally for the honour of making 'The Seldom Seen Kid' double platinum in Ireland.

Tickets go on sale next week from 9am on Thursday 28th October and can be bought here.

There are still a few tickets remaining for the UK leg of the tour – dates are below.

March
Tue 15th - Glasgow, SECC
Wed 16th - Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena
Thu 17th - Nottingham, Trent FM Arena
Sat 19th - Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena
Sun 20th - Liverpool, Echo Arena
Tue 22nd - Birmingham, National Indoor Arena
Wed 23rd - Cardiff, International Arena
Fri 25th - Manchester, MEN Arena
Mon 28th - London, The O2

That's pretty awesome. I know there was talk of a new album, but those tour dates make it seem like the album would be out early next year? Nice.

I just listened to Everything In Between to see what the hype was about. The music itself was good. But I didn't care for the vocals. And vocals are usually very important to me.

Just realized I missed Scumdog Thousandaire's birthday. Sorry, broseph. I was out of town all day Saturday. Happy belated.

Thanks, man. The day was filled with overeating, visiting small hick-filled cities in Northern Utah, and the shooting of guns.

I'd give Scums a birthday check if I knew he weren't going to blow it all on one overpriced CD at a mom n' pop shop somewhere.

There's a poster on this board, who posts a lot, and he/she has a f'ng HUGE signature. Aren't there signature size regulations here? I always thought that was one of the cool things about this board, that there aren't a ton of people rolling around with enormous and obnoxious sigs like you see at a bunch of other places.

Anyway, it doesn't actually bother me that much, I just find it curious. And wanted to get that off my chest. Carry on.

I'm simultaneously listening to Mogwai, Idlewild, and Okkervil River in Scumbo's birthday honor.

Thanks, everyone! I believe Mikal's b-day was actually the same day as mine, so happy late birthday to that music stealing SOB.

I'm simultaneously listening to Mogwai, Idlewild, and Okkervil River in Scumbo's birthday honor.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, nice.

Back
Top Bottom