Interference Random Music Talk: Rick Rubin produces the XX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if i'm honest, i'd be disappointed if i didn't.

So you admit to trolling?

Trolling: Intentionally disrupting a forum by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information and/or hoping to get a rise out of people. The perpetrators are known as "trolls".

Lemme get the mods on this.

Oh, wait...

:)

So you admit to trolling?

Trolling: Intentionally disrupting a forum by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information and/or hoping to get a rise out of people. The perpetrators are known as "trolls".

i don't do this part deliberatly, i just enjoy it when my general demeanour bothers people.

have a nice day babe :kiss:

Laz and I seem to be on the same power-pop wavelength these days. Sugar's Copper Blue is fucking awesome; every song is catchier than the last.

i don't do this part deliberatly, i just enjoy it when my general demeanour bothers people.

That wasn't the part I bolded, babe. But this is a fruitless enterprise.

You spelled both "deliberately" and "demeanor" incorrectly in your post.

Really not sure why it took me so long to get around to hearing Copper Blue. I guess I just assumed Sugar was a Husker Du side project and felt I needed to hear all of their work first before moving on.

Turns out the album was basically tailor-made for me.

There isn't a bad track on there. And the melodies are delivered with such an intense sonic roar (for the most part) that it creates a perfect balance. Not only is it better than anything that the Huskers ever recorded (however blasphemous that may sound), but it should have been as big as Nevermind or The Blue Album. It has more hooks than either.

The follow-up, an EP called "Beaster", which is a loose concept album about Jesus(!) is significantly harder but is really fucking good.

The second full-length, File Under Easy Listening, isn't as strong as Copper Blue, but also has about 6 amazing tracks.

The collection of b-sides ("Besides") has to be heard to be believed. Some editions of that compilation also have a fantastic live album recorded in Minneapolis.

For a band that was only around for a few years, they recorded a shitload of great songs.

Did I ever mention that I saw Sugar on tour for Beaster at the University of Iowa and that me and my friends ran into Bob Mould in the student center hours before the show?

We got to talk to him, just the four of us, for about 15 minutes. Amazingly nice and down-to-earth guy, completely the opposite of how crazy he seems when he's playing.

Saw him solo acoustic after Sugar broke up and he is just as intense when he's unplugged.

i was going to go back and fix it, but i got caught between deciding if i wanted to fix my typos or replace everything with a period.

startrek.jpg

And Chairs Missing by Wire is making me think that I don't hate straight post-punk as much as I thought I did.

So I should probably listen to the earlier Magnetic Fields works, huh? I already love 69 Love Songs.

And Chairs Missing by Wire is making me think that I don't hate straight post-punk as much as I thought I did.

You're on a fucking roll. God damn. "Mercy" is one of my favorite songs, and that record is a fucking classic. Only good/great songs.

You're on a fucking roll. God damn. "Mercy" is one of my favorite songs, and that record is a fucking classic. Only good/great songs.

Wire gets better with each album for me. Chairs Missing is good, but damn, 154 really is something else. It's a wonderfully unique, moody piece that influenced basically everything in the '80s. Very Wire, very much ahead of its time.

Through no purposely mindedness of my own. I use a random number generator to pick what album I'm gong to listen to (It's all ridiculously nerdy and overly complicated) so the last three albums I listened to were all picked by chance.

Though now I'm listening to Distant Plastic Trees and am so glad you recommended that. Is The Wayward Bus this good as well?

Well, now I have to listen to Deceit, don't I? So I shall. Been looking for an excuse to for weeks now.

I have posted it, yes. But everybody reacts positively to it. It's perfect! I can't keep track of who's heard it, anymore.

Out of Cold Storage is just about as essential a box set as you'll ever find. Haven't listened to Deceit in probably four years, at this point, but that's not because it sucks. Just be warned that it doesn't sound like "Health and Efficiency." It's much closer to musique concrete.

I have posted it, yes. But everybody reacts positively to it. It's perfect! I can't keep track of who's heard it, anymore.

Hah, I didn't really expect you to remember if I liked it, more just checking that you had posted it before :lol:.

And now it's on!

Back
Top Bottom