Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVII-Lance's Mom Ed.-Jizz the Bang and the Splatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno. Whatever he's doing that's making him so peppy and sounding so good, I'm all for it. Prancing around, flipping people off, wearing leather.

Hey, thanks, German doctors!

What's great about it is the fact that he goes in and out of the robot voice on a whim, somewhat like Costner's accent in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

I just listened to Andy Bell's second solo album.

There is a song on it called DHDQ

I learned that that stands for Dirty Harry Drag Queen.

I mean...what else do you say about an album?

i just listened to Merriweather Post Pavilion... for the first time.

two tracks in and i was pretty sad i didn't listen to it last year. Flowers and My Girls were terrific.

the rest i could take or leave. it'll get a few spins though, that's for sure. beguiling listen.

Hey, thanks, German doctors!

Umm...

51iZ975swkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

i just listened to Merriweather Post Pavilion... for the first time.

two tracks in and i was pretty sad i didn't listen to it last year. Flowers and My Girls were terrific.

the rest i could take or leave. it'll get a few spins though, that's for sure. beguiling listen.

It'll grow for you, I think. Sounds to me like it all just started to run together for you, especially if Summertime Clothes and Brother Sport passed right on by. In The Flowers and My Girls are but the surface of that fascinating, absorbing record.

guys_dwight137.gif

given that i very much enjoy Janelle Monae's appearance on the delectable Be Still on Sir Lucious... would i be righting in thinking that her album is worth my time?

Yeah, that's my least favorite song on the album. Friggin' Cobbler.

Her other stuff is much better.

given that i very much enjoy Janelle Monae's appearance on the delectable Be Still on Sir Lucious... would i be righting in thinking that her album is worth my time?

I cannot comment on this song you're talking about, but yes, her album is very good.

LeMel started a thread for her a few weeks ago, if you're interested in adding to it.

So the next two Shuttlecock tour stops feature two-night stands in Horsens, Denmark and Helsinki, Finland.

Good news about that is that we're more likely to see some setlist fiddling, which will hopefully result in a more permanent change.

Help us, Eno-Wan, you're our only hope.

Just saying, you were making a pretty blanket statement there. I'm the last person to care about vocal skill (anyone who's heard a Celine Dion track knows it's secondary to a decent song :wink: ), but I think she's pretty damn good myself.

I thought her track with Big Boi was pretty mediocre too, but their respective albums are incredible. Of Montreal's track on Monae's album is crap, but I love them. Collabs are weird.

Back
Top Bottom