Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVI - Post-Cool Double Rainbow...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't hate it. Just thought it was okay, which is how I feel about pretty much all them films. Spinal Tap is the only one I love. And I love it pretty fucking hard.

That actually shocks me quite a bit. It's far and away my favorite of the Guest films. For Your Consideration? Now that's one you can safely not enjoy.

Aw, I like that one.

Well, I like all of the ones I've seen, so no shock there.

In a cruel and now somewhat relevant twist of fate, I didn't much enjoy Waiting for Guffman. Really sad.

"I HATE YOU AND I HATE YOUR ASS FACE!!!!"

:)

I'd forgotten all about For Your Consideration, so I guess that shows where it is on my list of his movies.

I love Best in Show and A Mighty Wind.

Some really shitty DJs in Toronto stole 'Wha' Happen'?' for their morning show. It bothers me to no end when people I know think they made it up :angry:

back in Australia. glad to be back in this ass-backward penal colony i call "Home". loved Canada & Cali & Vegas. the swathe of homeless really is hard to look at though.

Win some lose some, big guy. Nobody really knew vinyl would make such a comeback.

well according to the little booklet of "stuff we like" that i picked up from Amoeba, it is cassettes which are making an even bigger comeback. apparently. don't know why you'd fucking bother with a cassette, but maybe that's just me.

yet to see Spinal Tap.

no, it's just a hilarious leaflet publication the staff put together of albums, movies and smells that they enjoyed/recommend in 2009/2010 thus far.

i've laughed at that blog though.

Sir Lucious Left Foot: jumps into my top three albums of the year so far, behind that fat dude paying homage to "Heroes" and L!o!s! C!a!m!p!e!s!i!n!o!s!

has anyone here done the David Blaine?

has anyone here done the David Blaine?

Is that a sex move where you tell a girl you're going to have sex with her for a week straight, then just leave your penis motionless inside her the whole time and it ends up being really boring? No, I've never done that

A Mighty Wind is probably my favorite... by quite a margin actually. My favorite in terms of comedy and for it's particular emotional core. Just hit all the right notes for me. I do enjoy Spinal Tap and Best in Show as well, just not nearly as much.

A few weeks ago, iTunes had a free Scissor Sisters song, so I downloaded it. I finally listened to it yesterday morning at the gym. Were they once a Styx cover band or something?
their second (or third, counting their indie single) single was a cover of comfortably numb, if that's what you mean.

what was the song? i'm guessing invisible light or fire with fire. i like both songs but knowing me that's not a huge surprise, really.

A Mighty Wind is probably my favorite... by quite a margin actually. My favorite in terms of comedy and for it's particular emotional core.

Yes - you could tell he has a lot of love for that folk genre. I grew up listening to my dad's Peter, Paul & Mary albums, so I had a soft spot for it, too.

I need a love that grows
I don't want it unless I know
With each passing hour
Someone somehow
Will be there, ready to share

I need a love that's strong
I'm so tired of being alone
But will my lonely heart play the part
Of the fool again
Before I begin

Foolish heart, hear me calling
Stop before you start falling
Foolish heart, heed my warning
You've been wrong before
Don't be wrong any more

I'm feeling that feeling again
I'm playing a game I can't win
Love's knocking on the door
Of my heart once more
Think I'll let her in
Before I begin

You've been wrong before
Don't be wrong any more

Foolish heart
Foolish, foolish heart
You've been wrong before

You've been wrong before
Don't be wrong any more

Foolish heart
Oh, foolish, foolish heart
You've been wrong before
Foolish, foolish heart

steve-perry.jpg

"I HATE YOU AND I HATE YOUR ASS FACE!!!!"

People say, You must have been the class clown. And I say, No, I wasn't. But I sat next to the class clown... and I studied him.

Guffman's my definite favorite of the bunch and it goes in descending order. While in the same vein, I don't classify it with them since Guest didn't direct himself. Technical, yes, but also fucking right.

The bit where Jane Lynch and John Michael Higgins practice their crazy religion for a split second in Mighty Wind kills me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom