Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVI - Post-Cool Double Rainbow...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never made it in the modeling industry. Contract disputes.

buttermaker.jpg

ah, R.E.M.. i thought Accelerate was a decent album, though i probably listened to it twice and never have since. they're a band that i've never been able to get into. i am of the opinion AFTP is one of B&C's most overrated albums. but in saying all that, they've got quite a number of songs i enjoy. put simply a best of does the job for me.

you've really got to get in quick in this forum to get the obvious call first. nice job.

edit- also meant to add i watched a (rerun?) of Flavour Flav getting "roasted" on the Comedy Channel last night, it was pretty funny. i think i might have caught syphilis just listening to the stories about this Lisa Lapsanelli woman, but at 2am it was funny nonetheless.

why are peeps havin a pop at Miley Cyrus for her skimpy outfits?

hello!!!!!!!!! she is ON STAGE, its all for performance! she suits it! jaysus fluck! I mean seriously, they are sayin it like, 'oh dont wear that!' but really, its like anyone just BEYOND her age would be seen as 'too old' to be wearing such skimpyness...............

fuk sake. make yer mind up media and public!

:doh:

And wtf radio station plays The Black Angels? In freaking Utah?

And why is I-15 under construction all the way from Prove to damn near Idaho, anyway. :angry:

We have a fantastic independent "community radio" station.

Rather than just throw down the needed large amount of money at once to actually "fix" I-15, the state government continually decides to do smaller projects every 2 years or so in different parts of the state, so it feels like I-15 is continually under construction somewhere or another. Because they've done such a terrible job managing this and completing the projects on time, it now feels like the entire damn road is being worked on. Unfortunately, there aren't really any other decent options to take in Utah, so you're screwed if you need to get anywhere.

If you did drive that distance, you passed where I live, where I work, and where I grew up.

PS - It's "Provo".

That video of Jack White playing "Mother Nature's Son" at the White House that's up on the Fork is really fucking cool. The dude who did the little write up is exactly right. There's something awesome and surreal about watching Jack White, who you know has a shit ton of wild energy bottled up inside him, playing this little subdued tune right in front of the President, at this classiest of classy events.

Also, something about the sweetness of the song and that red guitar makes me long for the days when Jack was, you know, in the fucking White Stripes and not making pedestrian records as part of some sort of super group.

Bring that shit back, Jack.

makes me long for the days when Jack was, you know, in the fucking White Stripes and not making pedestrian records as part of some sort of super group.

Bring that shit back, Jack.

Dead Weather are still a fairly significant step up from the Raconteurs though. At least for my personal tastes and such. But yeah, White Stripes are much better than both.

I've neglected to mention this (I think), for a while. I don't know why, because it's not like anybody has ever heard of Sharkey/Clockcleaner or, failing that, heard enough about him/them to care or have any negative biases. So, yeah. Puerto Rico Flowers is the band, downcast synth tunes are the name of game, wonderful and tongue-in-cheek are the descriptors. Last year, I read "sounds like a skinhead crying" in reference to the band, and that's spot-on. Incredibly so.

puertorico1.jpg

PRF2_1_.jpg

YouTube - Puerto Rico Flowers - This is murder

And who the FUCK broke the Google image search thing? Fuck this shit. Damn it.

Yeah, the new Google image is weird and I didn't like it at first. But I feel like I always think that when something I use a lot gets a new format, and then in like a month I've completely gotten used to it and it's all good.

I listened to that Puerto Rico Flowers song, not bad. I'll bet that singer can't shake the Ian Curtis comparisons.

The new image search is wicked awesome, yo. No more having to change pages every 16 images or whatever it was

I'm never going to find a reasonably priced Achtung, Birdie LP. White whale.

They did.

I still remember the good, old days (like, circa 2001), when Achtung Baby could easily be found for pretty damn cheap. I passed on a few of the "nude" ones because $17.99 was too rich for my impoverished ass. No longer the case, I take it?

The nude covers run six times that now.

But yeah, maybe they'll put out a remaster next year.

Win some lose some, big guy. Nobody really knew vinyl would make such a comeback.

Time alone will tell the tale. Assuming that there is one, of course. The Unforgettable Fire didn't get the deluxe vinyl treatment, to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom