Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVI - Post-Cool Double Rainbow...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, A Mighty Wind and Best In Show were my introductions to the awesome presence and comedic brilliance of Jane Lynch. I love both of those movies, but have never seen Guffman. So I'm bored, and do a quick search and find a solid quality Waiting for Guffman online. Now I know what I'm doing for the next hour and a half. Definitely looking forward to this, even if Lynch isn't in it.

So... lately I've been looking for some new things to listen. Based on my favorite artists could anyone make some recommendations?

#1) U2
#2) Radiohead
#3) Oasis
#4) Doves
#5) R.E.M.
#6) Delays
#7) Led Zeppelin
#8) Suede
#9) Primal Scream
#10) Kasabian
#11) Coldplay
#12) Aerosmith
#13) Blur
#14) The Rolling Stones
#15) Goldfrapp
#16) Nirvana
#17) Bruce Springsteen
#18) Elbow
#19) The White Stripes
#20) James
#21) Lady Gaga
#22) The Dandy Warhols
#23) The Crimea
#25) The Flaming Lips
#26) Bob Dylan
#27) The Veils
#28) The Killers
#29) of Montreal
#30) Super Furry Animals

Heathcliff, you need to check out some Elbow.
elbow_pic1.jpg

??

!!

Try actually finding stuff about Elbow the band without pulling up all sorts of random crap.

I tried searching for Elbow tee shirts on ebay and got about 500 listings of tee shirts with elbow-length sleeves. :angry:

The band, The Music, used to be horrifically difficult to search for online.

So... lately I've been looking for some new things to listen. Based on my favorite artists could anyone make some recommendations?

Spiritualized and Spacemen 3 (via all the Britpop and SFA)
Brian Jonestown Massacre (via The Dandys)
Gorky's Zygotic Mynci (via SFA; have you listened to Neon Neon/Gruff/The Peth/and so forth?)
The Fiery Furnaces' Blueberry Boat (via latter of Montreal)
The Hold Steady (via The Boss, Dylan, and even the first 2.5 Aerosmith records)
Reigning Sound's Too Much Guitar (or maybe Time Bomb High School, via The White Stripes)
Son House (via The White Stripes)

If only 18 year-old musicians these days were so influenced by Joni. And I'm sure Impy will be proud of his town here:

YouTube - 1 - Ruby Lane (Austin, EUA - 23.jun.1994)

That Tower Records has been out of business for years. The building is right across from campus and has some cool Buddy Holly and Cash murals on the outside. It was converted to a book store in 2006 but that quickly went out of business too.

That Tower Records has been out of business for years. The building is right across from campus and has some cool Buddy Holly and Cash murals on the outside. It was converted to a book store in 2006 but that quickly went out of business too.
It's currently operating as a brothel where Imperor and Lance's Mom have spent many nights inspiring Shuttlecock songs.

Holy crap. Reading skillz - I haz them.
Oops, my bad, sorry Heathcliff!

It happens. :D

Spiritualized and Spacemen 3 (via all the Britpop and SFA)
Brian Jonestown Massacre (via The Dandys)
Gorky's Zygotic Mynci (via SFA; have you listened to Neon Neon/Gruff/The Peth/and so forth?)
The Fiery Furnaces' Blueberry Boat (via latter of Montreal)
The Hold Steady (via The Boss, Dylan, and even the first 2.5 Aerosmith records)
Reigning Sound's Too Much Guitar (or maybe Time Bomb High School, via The White Stripes)
Son House (via The White Stripes)

Wow, thanks. :) I'll check all those and see what I think. And anyway, that'll get me things to listen for quite some time, great. :D
As for SFA members side-projects I'm only familiar with Neon Neon, which I like a lot ("Michael Douglas" is probably one of the coolest songs of this decade) and that collaboration between Gruff and Tony da Gatorra, which was interesting. I've gotta check Gruff's solo work asap though. I wasn't awere of Peth till your mention, but it seems interesting now that I've read about it.
And oh, crap, I knew I was forgetting something on that list. Brian Jonestown Massacre is awesome. :) Sometimes I'm more into Dandys, but they're great nonetheless.
Again, thanks for the recommendations. Guees I'll start with Spiritualized.

But The Kills aren't. Check them out, 'Cliff.

"Midnight Boom" was one of the best albums of 2008 probably. I know them, thanks. :D They're pretty good. (Actually that the main reason for me being so disappointed with The Dead Weather is the fact that it's not only Jack White in there, but Jack White AND Alison Mosshart, and their songs do nothing for me. :()

The band, The Music, used to be horrifically difficult to search for online.

Yeah, I'll say. God... it was annoying. Thank God that Elbow is famous enough to not be a pain in the ass, namewise. !!! annoys me too, sometimes.

been listening non-stop to LCD Soundsystem (and a bit of Hot Chip) in preparation for tomorrow night's gig. i don't think i've ever been so excited for anything in my entire life. i hope they play Get Innocuous! fair to say i will be dancing my skinny white ass right off. today i was driving to uni and when All My Friends came on i wound down the window and started fist-pumping out the window. it made me a bit sad i'm not at that mega-expensive festival, but you can't win 'em all.

:dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom