Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like the 'Cock show at the Rose Bowl on Sunday is gonna be filmed for the next DVD release. I will admit, I think it's a good venue choice. Pasadena is pretty gorgeous.

Which also means no surprises for that show.

I'll bet they play Your Blue Room, though. They put a lot of time into that, and half that Rolling Stone article was about it. They'll want the posterity of having played it.

Funny that they're choosing to record only a one-night stand. Usually, they do at least two for a home video release, right?

Well, they're not playing nearly as many back-to-back shows in the same city this tour. In fact, they have none left.

Which also means no surprises for that show.

This is actually good news to me, because it means we're less likely to just get the
5 ATYCLC song bullshit.

Since this is a one-shot deal, you'd think they will include what THEY want recorded for posterity, which means it's likely that the set will include both
Your Jew Room AND Unknown Server,
not to mention the possibility of doing even more songs so they have a wider selection if they decide to cut anything that doesn't meet their standards. Who knows, they may even toss in
Bad(minton),
which still hasn't appeared on an official tour DVD yet, correct?

I'm pretty excited now.

Also, it should be noted that the concert film is NOT being directed by Skittish Hamilton, which may be the greatest Shuttlecock news of the decade.

I think the setlist should be pretty easy to piece together, although I disagree with one thing you said:

No Bad. I don't think they'll treat us that much. I would LOVE it if they did, though.

"Bad" was on Elevation Boston and Rattle & Hum if you want to count that.

Ahh, forgot. That's the one I watch the least, so I'm not too surprised. A shame it's on that one instead of the others.

And I wasn't counting Shuttle & Bum, which obviously is the greatest version of it that we're ever likely to possess officially.

A shame indeed. Every track is better on the Slane show, but at least we got "Gone" and that epic reworked version of "The Fly," holy shit.

I'm partial to the Live Aid version, it's hard to go wrong with either.

A shame indeed. Every track is better on the Slane show, but at least we got "Gone" and that epic reworked version of "The Fly," holy shit.

Yeah, I'm actually very fond of the Boston DVD, and a lot of it has to do with that version of The Fly. Definitely my favorite live version of the song I've ever heard. The "...lights go down...you could haaaaave it all..." intro is amazing. I also like some of the shit Boner does/says during the concert. He flips off the guy that throws something at him during Sunday Bloody Sunday, gives a couple cool little intro speeches, etc.

And, of course, there's that whole thing where he says that In A Little While is the last song Joey Ramone ever heard, which is a complete and total bullshit lie.

My show is a week from tonight. Laz's is sometime next week too. Did you manage to find companions, Lance?

Not yet. I've still got a couple people in mind to ask, but it's a stretch. If I can't figure it out by tomorrow, I'm going to try and refund three of the tickets at the venue. Hopefully they'll be cool about that, but even if not, it's really not so bad eating three tickets considering how cheap they were. Unless of course I just wanted to go to the venue early, pick up the tickets and scalp them. But I don't have the energy for that.

Craigslist is for lovers. If it's not sold out, put them up for $5 less a piece and tell them to meet you at the venue. Easy.

Hmm. Not a bad idea. Will look into.

Also considering inviting a potential lady-friend to the show. If she's not busy she'd likely accept, though as a first date of sorts it could go either way. Still, probably a better idea than inviting her to Antichrist this weekend.

Because what girl wouldn't love DP more than genital mutilation?

After a great deal of effort, I finally have someone to come to Vegas with me. I was adamant about taking someone who hadn't seen Shuttlecock before, and the "friends" who responded to my public posting on Facebook about it weren't really people I wanted to road trip with. Plus I think they were mostly inquiring about the Rose Bowl show anyway.

I wound up just sending a PM to one of my own lady friends who I don't talk to very often, and told her it would be a fun trip even if she didn't care for the band much, and she decided to be spontaneous and take me up on the offer. GOOD PLAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom