Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you did say that. And I lol'd. Speaking of the 'Cock, they're doing aforementioned lousy closer on SNL right now. Can't wait to hear Boner scat again*.

Oh shit. "Two Doves." Didn't get that at ACL, although I did only see the latter half of their set. I'm going to lose my shit over that one.

Maybe if I call really loudly for a Mind Raft tune, she'll indulge me.

Oh shit. "Two Doves." Didn't get that at ACL, although I did only see the latter half of their set. I'm going to lose my shit over that one.

Despite the terrible feedback issues during that song, it was still a highlight of the show. The DOO! is amazing. That and Temecula Sunrise were my favorites, easily. I seriously got chills during the

"The horizon is flat and motionless, like an EKG of a dying woman, far away from the light of the high temecula sunrise."

line. Outrageously awesome.

That little pause before "high" is all kinds of wonderful. Love that song.

One thing I didn't like about "Useful Chamber" live was the change of cadence for "bitte orca, orca bitte." It still pounded my face into a jelly though.

One thing I didn't like about "Useful Chamber" live was the change of cadence for "bitte orca, orca bitte." It still pounded my face into a jelly though.

Yeah, that bothered me too. It felt like the slowed down the tempo of a few songs as well, including that one. Threw me for a bit of a loop at first.

I had a fleeting thought that maybe it was you, but then quickly acknowledged that you wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Vertigo Hawaii shirt to a 'Cock concert.

Maybe the highest compliment I've ever been given here.

How's that working out for you. My beard is the longest I've ever let it flourish right now. I like it so much, I may be full Sam Beam before the year's over.

Yeah, my lady friend called me "mountain man". Might be time to start trimming. I'm a pretty thin guy, so having too thick of a beard is gonna look a little strange.

I'll talk up your Halloween party around the water cooler.

"That Laz is some kind of something. Boy, this Laz is all anybody's ever talking about. So sick and tired of hearing about how brilliant that Laz is. Overrated!"

"Amber? Perhaps you may of heard of me. A long time ago, I was in Burma..."

Mine's getting unruly, but the mountain man thing works. I think I've got enough heft to pull off the huge beard:

2v7w5mf.jpg

I guess I didn't notice it very much other than "Useful Chamber." But the "bitte orca" lines being just about my favorite moments in music all year, I was a little disappointed to hear them switch it up. I mean, lord knows I appreciate changing things up live. But you don't fuck with perfection. You just don't.

Uh, and it turns out I am going out after all. Hopefully this doesn't result in me being right back here pining after THE DOO! in a couple hours.

Well, we need somebody to come back in a drunken melancholy considering I'm staying in this weekend.

At least I actually get the names of the ladies I encounter.

No I don't.

I bought the remastered cd/dvd combo of The Flaming Lips' "The Soft Bulletin" used off of Amazon.com but the cd isn't the remastered one--it'd the original pressing. I noticed this had been happening when that version came out, and the Lips were returning them? But that's been 3 years. What should I do?

At one point, I was dancing like a crazy person in the back and some guy in a hat walked by, and pointed at me emphatically with both hands ... and then kept walking.

I had a fleeting thought that maybe it was you, but then quickly acknowledged that you wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Vertigo Hawaii shirt to a 'Cock concert.

We both thought it could have been you until we saw the Hawaii shirt. I saw the guy later and he was Asian. Not you!

I bought the remastered cd/dvd combo of The Flaming Lips' "The Soft Bulletin" used off of Amazon.com but the cd isn't the remastered one--it'd the original pressing. I noticed this had been happening when that version came out, and the Lips were returning them? But that's been 3 years. What should I do?

Hmm, since it was used, you could try to file a complaint with the seller or Amazon, I guess. But, I doubt either will get you the correct disc, just a refund, most likely.

Just got back from seeing P.O.S., who I've championed around here quite a bit. Great fucking hometown hip-hop show, and homecoming shows are always the most fun; everybody's in a mood to have a good time.

And, here's some pictures, 'cause I can:

PA240591.jpg

PA240571.jpg

This is Dessa, who's with the Doomtree collective, P.O.S.' crew, and she tears it up live.
PA240579.jpg

PA240570.jpg

Well, after poking around, I apparently just e-mailed some dude named Scott Booker who had something to do with producing the Soft Bulletin remaster/5.1... so we'll see what happens I guess. Sucks since I already had the demastered version.

Well, let's just go ahead and call that little excursion a misstep. Should have known better.

No need to add, Sicy.

On the other hand, I'd like the photo of me on the previous page added a second time.

I don't like the fact that I think DJ Hero looks cool just because I like Daft Punk.

Is anyone planning on watching the 'Cockcast tonight?

I think the official broadcast starts at 8:30. U2 came onstage at about 9 in Vegas, so would assume the same tonight?

Thanks, Cori.

I was actually going to go out tonight, but those plans fell through. So I might as well watch Bono jump around underneath a gigantic glowing crab for a couple of hours.

What's exactly the deal with this broadcast? A live stream of a show or something? Where and in what fidelity?

I might be willing to give it a look-see considering I'm not attending any shows this tour.

I'm in, though I'm very concerned about the impact this will have on my limited bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom