Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some sort of battle between THE COFF! and THE DOO!? Because the answer from photographic evidence given here is pretty damn obvious. Before I comment, someone fill me in.

That one with her in the green jacket is a terrible picture.

And Impy was on THE COFF! side until he turned traitor and started cheerleading the one that looks like a 15 year-old boy.

dirty-projectors.jpg

3376606274_ee24ac7e0f.jpg

dpmerc8.jpg

85096506.jpg

That one with her in the green jacket is a terrible picture.

And Impy was on THE COFF! side until he turned traitor and started cheerleading the one that looks like a 15 year-old boy.

THE COFF! looks good in some pictures, and ... not in some others. THE DOO! wins this battle.

Those chicks look like dudes, in most of the pictures I've seen here. Yikes. To each, of course, his own. For me, though...holy hell, NEVER.

The DOO! definitely has a bit of an androgynous thing going on. But she exudes 60s/70s rocker cool. And she's still a hottie. A winning combination.

This is where I branch off from the CLICK! hot girl groupthink.

I'm sure she's much more alluring in person though, as most girls of her type are.

None of them do it for me like somebody like The CHAN! does for example, obviously. But... whatevs.

Indeed. I'd take early '80s Chrissie Hynde over all of them, but that's just me. And if we're stretched back to that era in general, Debbie Harry, all the way.

I met a girl once who looked just like Kim Deal. I actually cannot remember her real name, because I spent the entire night calling her Kim. I can't actually express how confused this made her. And I was not in the right state of mind to properly explain it to her.

That's kind of an unfortunate person to look like.

Totally off topic, but this is where we're chatting. Saw the new Avatar trailer on youtube. It was all sorts of awesome.

I met a girl once who looked just like Kim Deal. I actually cannot remember her real name, because I spent the entire night calling her Kim. I can't actually express how confused this made her. And I was not in the right state of mind to properly explain it to her.

Looking like either Kim Deal or Kim Gordon is very unfortunate.

That's kind of an unfortunate person to look like.

Totally off topic, but this is where we're chatting. Saw the new Avatar trailer on youtube. It was all sorts of awesome.

It's amazing how much that initial teaser killed fan expectations. I still cannot fucking wait to see that movie.

It's amazing how much that initial teaser killed fan expectations. I still cannot fucking wait to see that movie.

New trailer is over 3 minutes long. And it does a good job of communicating how fucking EPIC this thing is. And it actually feels like a James Cameron movie, which is the important thing. I think this trailer will do a lot to restore people's interest.

New trailer is over 3 minutes long. And it does a good job of communicating how fucking EPIC this thing is. And it actually feels like a James Cameron movie, which is the important thing. I think this trailer will do a lot to restore people's interest.

I want to avoid this trailer for as long as possible.

Like the other 3 minute trailer I'm thinking of, do we also find out that Adam Sandler doesn't really have cancer anymore?

I want to avoid this trailer for as long as possible.

Like the other 3 minute trailer I'm thinking of, do we also find out that Adam Sandler doesn't really have cancer anymore?

There's really not very much story to spoil that one can't infer from the 30 second sales pitch for the film, and the trailer doesn't really spoil anything either. A lot of shots of people saying badass Cameron-y things, and military dudes and science dudes doing stuff. And a lot of things flying around and blowing shit up. But it does a good job of setting up exactly what the fuck the whole thing is about for people who most likely have no idea going on to this thing.

I'm curious to see if the film maintains the particular spoiler-worthy story elements the 1996 scriptment contained. None of the trailers or screenings have revealed that so far apparently, which is good.

There's really not very much story to spoil that one can't infer from the 30 second sales pitch for the film, and the trailer doesn't really spoil anything either. A lot of shots of people saying badass Cameron-y things, and military dudes and science dudes doing stuff. And a lot of things flying around and blowing shit up. But it does a good job of setting up exactly what the fuck the whole thing is about for people who most likely have no idea going on to this thing.

I'm curious to see if the film maintains the particular spoiler-worthy story elements the 1996 scriptment contained. None of the trailers or screenings have revealed that so far apparently, which is good.

It's not the story I'm worried about, but particular money shots and the little Cameron-y moments you mentioned. At the very least, I'd like to pop the trailer cherry in a theater as opposed to just a Quicktime viewing.

Don't know much about the scriptment apart from the opinion that it's kind of awful.

The scriptment isn't much for reading. Mostly because it's extremely long, extremely detail-heavy, low on dialogue and terribly uneven. It's kind of like a narrative notebook with all the ideas he had for the movie actually. Kind of a shame it got leaked so widely. I've no doubts it's been tightened up and formed into something more cinematic in the screenplay phase. Not to mention a good 10 years of polishing.

It's hard to say what kind of shots are spoiled in the trailer, as I watched on some shitty youtube clip just now. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. It's a long fucking movie, and most of the stuff in the trailer is from the first half of the story from what I could tell.

The scriptment isn't much for reading. Mostly because it's extremely long, extremely detail-heavy, low on dialogue and terribly uneven. It's kind of like a narrative notebook with all the ideas he had for the movie actually. Kind of a shame it got leaked so widely. I've no doubts it's been tightened up and formed into something more cinematic in the screenplay phase. Not to mention a good 10 years of polishing.

It's hard to say what kind of shots are spoiled in the trailer, as I watched on some shitty youtube clip just now. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. It's a long fucking movie, and most of the stuff in the trailer is from the first half of the story from what I could tell.

That's how I feel about it, too. Say what you want about the questionable elements of the extended cut of Terminator 2, or the theatrical cuts of Aliens or The Abyss, all of his Director's Cuts are fantastic. And if he's this passionate about it, and had 10 years to work on a single idea, more likely than not, it will be awesome.

Interesting. I've been thinking about the idea of knowing too much about a film before you go in, building up expectations beforehand, etc... since Wild Things, and how I could combat the negative effects of that sort of approach to make for the best possible viewing experience. Some information is welcome, but on a film with this amount of built-in excitement, the less I know, the better.

Interesting thoughts regarding expectations and what have you. But this is certainly a conversation for Movie Talk by now.

And Battle Angel is going to own my soul.

Best Facebook status I've read in a long time:

Michael Jackson isn't really dead until we destroy the remaining horcruxes! Start with the elephant man's skeleton!

Where did all the Cameron talk come from? Too lazy to go to Random movies?

Anyway, Pitchfork reviewed this today:

B002NOYX40.jpg

I wouldn't mind being her own pet for a day, if you get my meaning.

The Unforgettable Fire remaster leaked! Huzzah!

Nice, finally the remaster that's needed it the most. It better sound better than the original release.

Also, just to weigh in my two cents on THE DOO! vs. THE COFF!: I'm going to have to go with THE DOO! as well. If I were into girls, that is. Sure, THE DOO! has that androgynous thing going on (which is awesome, and I give a thumbs-up to), but THE COFF! has some quality that takes away from her attractiveness. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom