Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good choices, both. And the Shepherd's Dog outtakes are also winners.

While the style probably won't grow by leaps and bounds, it can be incorporated into a new brand of songwriting. Sam Beam isn't the kind of guy to rest of his laurels, so it's not impossible to get something that isn't just a +1 to the previous album, even if the music itself stays relatively similar.

Fuck, I just wrote a reply to Shouter in Unpopular Opinions about Sonic Youth, but apparently the thread was locked before I hit the post button.

And I was on topic!! :sad:

Anyway, what I was saying was that I respect Sonic Youth, and occasionally enjoy their albums, but they're so prolific it's hard to keep up, and the volume of their output actually makes me less interested in delving deeper. Plus, because they're so jammy (or whatever the indie equivalent of "jamming" is), there aren't as many clearly-defined songs and compositions to mark the albums distinctly from one another. I'm sure a better-informed and bigger SY fan will counter this, it's just how I look at it.

I enjoy a fair amount of their work and have a hard time keeping up, too. There almost is no stylistic progression, just albums of the same sometimes-awesome jammy stuff.

"Shadow of a Doubt" is by far my favorite track of theirs though. Kim Gordon's vocals + massive Hitchcock shout-outs = win.

I don't give a shit about Morrissey, so I wasn't interested at all.

Oasis attack is still the king though. And Tweedy punching a dude in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom