Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fishing.jpg

Got em!

Slow ahead? I can go slow ahead, come on down here and chum some of this shit.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a john who's lining up to get a hot plate.

So, opening act for The JECTS! tonight are "Givers" who I'm not familiar with. Anyone know if they're worth getting there early for? Because my current plan is to just arrive between acts.

So, opening act for The JECTS! tonight are "Givers" who I'm not familiar with. Anyone know if they're worth getting there early for? Because my current plan is to just arrive between acts.

I wouldn't mind being in the Givers...you know, if they were giving something to THE COFF! or THE DOO!

Some quick observations from my night. I'll write about the show more later.

1. Sound at the venue was terrible. The band were having some trouble too. They played part of the set with acoustic instruments, and the mics kept dropping out of the mix. Happened quite a bit actually. Lot of feedback issues too.

2. David Whatshisface would probably give up both his balls to be David Byrne. In fact he probably has given up both his balls, but unfortunately for him, he's no David Byrne. Either that or Bugs Bunny.

3. Sorry. But The DOO! totally wins over The COFF! Although I will say The COFF! was rather impressive. She's pretty charming singing lead and dancing around the stage. But The DOO! is just cool as shit. In all her nonchalant semi-androgynous glory.

4. Why the fuck don't we talk about that third chick in the band more often? She's fucking gorgeous too. Too bad she doesn't really do anything. Just sing a few harmonies and then leave the stage for extended periods of time. But she's hot. And I was more or less right on front of her during the show, so she made good lookin-at's.

5. Driving a car into the back of another moving car at 15-20mph is fucking exhilarating. And a good way to get pumped up before a concert. :up:

If mid-'70s David Bowie and Charlotte Gainsbourg had a kid, you'd get THE COFF!

dirty_projectors_seated1.jpg

Compare/contrast. I've gotta go with THE DOO! here.

I'm telling you guys. The DEK! is pretty sweet too.

haley.jpg

But The DOO! is the best. Obviously.

b-Musicians-Amber-Coff-49a5b02a5200.jpeg

Though The COFF! looks much better in person.

Some quick observations from my night. I'll write about the show more later.

1. Sound at the venue was terrible. The band were having some trouble too. They played part of the set with acoustic instruments, and the mics kept dropping out of the mix. Happened quite a bit actually. Lot of feedback issues too.

2. David Whatshisface would probably give up both his balls to be David Byrne. In fact he probably has given up both his balls, but unfortunately for him, he's no David Byrne. Either that or Bugs Bunny.

3. Sorry. But The DOO! totally wins over The COFF! Although I will say The COFF! was rather impressive. She's pretty charming singing lead and dancing around the stage. But The DOO! is just cool as shit. In all her nonchalant semi-androgynous glory.

4. Why the fuck don't we talk about that third chick in the band more often? She's fucking gorgeous too. Too bad she doesn't really do anything. Just sing a few harmonies and then leave the stage for extended periods of time. But she's hot. And I was more or less right on front of her during the show, so she made good lookin-at's.

5. Driving a car into the back of another moving car at 15-20mph is fucking exhilarating. And a good way to get pumped up before a concert. :up:

In my experience of hitting cars, I wouldn't say it's "exhilarating." And I also cannot listen to "Rebel Rebel" without recalling hitting another car.

Is there some sort of battle between THE COFF! and THE DOO!? Because the answer from photographic evidence given here is pretty damn obvious. Before I comment, someone fill me in.

I would probably feel differently if anyone had gotten hurt or the cars got seriously damaged. But as it was, it was a fucking thrill. I think I'll join a demolition derby. Or a David Cronenberg film. Either is OK.

I would probably feel differently if anyone had gotten hurt or the cars got seriously damaged. But as it was, it was a fucking thrill. I think I'll join a demolition derby. Or a David Cronenberg film. Either is OK.

I'd rather see you drive a monster truck than... well... you know.

Either way, that's a disastrous combination.

I'd have been freaked out if I had much emotional reaction to anything. I'm much too distant to actually do so, but most normal people would have in my case. No one was hurt, and the damage was not that bad ("moderate" I believe was the word used in the report). However, there were some possible scenarios that were barely avoided that should have affected me more than they did.

I'd have been freaked out if I had much emotional reaction to anything. I'm much too distant to actually do so, but most normal people would have in my case. No one was hurt, and the damage was not that bad ("moderate" I believe was the word used in the report). However, there were some possible scenarios that were barely avoided that should have affected me more than they did.

Taste my sad, Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom