Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

This is a strange photograph. Judging based on their live performance I saw on Fallon, which is practically the only thing I know about the band, I prefer THE COFF! But, here, she seriously looks like she's about 8 years old. And I know you fuckers will try to twist that into some sort of joke about me, but for real...she looks like a little kid. No thank you to that photograph.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #182
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:08 PM
GAF: Nice to have you aboard THE COFF! train, sorry I spooked you with that pic.

1B1L: Nice knowing you.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #183
Blue Crack Supplier

Umm, enjoy, guys.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #184
Refugee

Local Time: 08:08 PM
I'd let her have a go on my hash pipe, if you know what I mean.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #185
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Quote:
Umm, enjoy, guys.

I don't wanna quote the whole post and clog the thread, but seriously...who the fuck are those guys?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #186
Blue Crack Supplier

A direct comparison, and a victory for THE DOO!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #187
Blue Crack Supplier

Well, it's time for me to depart State College for the first time in two months. But fear not! I am not going home. I'm going farther away.

Until then, Interland.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

What you guys are neglecting to mention is that Angel doesn't have that short, androg haircut anymore.

Plus she's got those eyes.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:08 PM
But she does wear her long hair in a fairly masculine way still.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #190
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well, you'd know better than I would since it was approximately two and a half weeks longer last night than it was when last I saw her.

Either way, photos don't really do either of them justice.

And my alcoholism aside, the winner of this photo is a no brainer.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #191
Blue Crack Supplier

Is it possible for Cock Eyed Peas to be even worse than expected?

You bet.

cock.i.am spent about half of his stage banter praising Shuttlecock; okay dude. We get it. You should be humble. But move on, you're not impressing anyone. Actually, he probably was. They prob got a better response than PJ Harvey in 2000, which says a lot about the shitty musical taste of the average SC fan.

Anyway, some douche in my section of the inner circle (to Hedge's right, roughly) felt that screaming the lines to MLCock before Boner did was necessary. He then proceeded to announce to everyone that we were "the worst audience" he'd seen in 12 shows. While that may be true (god I fucking hate Vegas), you're an unbelievable douchebag.

Anyway, highlightS for me were No Net, Cock Crazy,

Ultraracquet
, and Where the Courts Have No Game. I mention the latter because of how intense Boner was singing, and the way the band members crowd around the drum kit at the end to finish the song. Very cool.

I have some major issues with the set list in terms or order, not to mention song selection, but I'll wait til I get home to go into more detail. I'm sick of typing on the iPhone.

/cock out
Old 10-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #192
Refugee

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Wow, that guy sure sounds like he loves the cock.

And I had to laugh when I saw the snippets for Beautiful Play.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #193
Blue Crack Supplier

BTW, I'm pretty sure I saw Sicy, Cori, & co. over in my area, but they disappeared pretty quickly.

I'm exhausted from the day and the drive back, but a few things: it's really sad how hard they're trying to sell Unknown Server. Great song, in my opinion, but perhaps not a good live candidate (despite the solo). That whole sing-a-long thing at the end just ain't happening, and I don't think it's just the Vegas crowd.

In A Little Rally taking the "space station" slot away from Your Jew Room is fucking DISGRACEFUL. Not an arena song, and you could feel the air going out of the place (especially compared to how well it's worked in the past) It's pretty much the polar opposite of YJR, too; a catchy soul-pop ditty replacing an atmospheric slow burner. Fucking FAIL, Shuttlecock. I don't think the Cockengers song would work any better as a crowd-pleaser, but at least they'd have their integrity intact by keeping such an unconventional masterpiece in the setlist.

Also, Moment of Service simply does NOT work as a closer. I'm sorry. I love this song, and think it's the best thing they've (officially) released this decade. But the crowd don't give a fuck. It would perhaps work as a main set closer, but you can't play Where the Cocks Have No Game, Won, Ultraracquet, and With or Without Cock and then finish off that crescendo with a long, slow head-bobbing track that half the people don't know.

I'm still not a big fan of Swing as the opener, and think it would have worked much better as the final song, even if that's not a perfect choice, either.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
BTW, I'm pretty sure I saw Sicy, Cori, & co. over in my area, but they disappeared pretty quickly.

I'm exhausted from the day and the drive back, but a few things: it's really sad how hard they're trying to sell Unknown Server. Great song, in my opinion, but perhaps not a good live candidate (despite the solo). That whole sing-a-long thing at the end just ain't happening, and I don't think it's just the Vegas crowd.

In A Little Rally taking the "space station" slot away from Your Jew Room is fucking DISGRACEFUL. Not an arena song, and you could feel the air going out of the place (especially compared to how well it's worked in the past) It's pretty much the polar opposite of YJR, too; a catchy soul-pop ditty replacing an atmospheric slow burner. Fucking FAIL, Shuttlecock. I don't think the Cockengers song would work any better as a crowd-pleaser, but at least they'd have their integrity intact by keeping such an unconventional masterpiece in the setlist.

Also, Moment of Service simply does NOT work as a closer. I'm sorry. I love this song, and think it's the best thing they've (officially) released this decade. But the crowd don't give a fuck. It would perhaps work as a main set closer, but you can't play Where the Cocks Have No Game, Won, Ultraracquet, and With or Without Cock and then finish off that crescendo with a long, slow head-bobbing track that half the people don't know.

I'm still not a big fan of Swing as the opener, and think it would have worked much better as the final song, even if that's not a perfect choice, either.
I wholeheartedly endorse very much of this post.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #195
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Damn! We checked out the pit and then that side front rail (waaaay on the side), but joyfulgirl, zoney and I decided to go in the back and enjoy having room rather than being stuck in a pile of people and not able to see jack shit.

Sicy and beegee stayed in that side rail spot for most of the show and then joined us in the back. I love being in the back - there was so much room back there to jump around and spaz out.

Sorry I missed you. We watched people going by, wondering if we would see any guys with moustaches and fedoras and could shout "LAZ IS THAT YOU?!?!?" but to no avail.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #196
Blue Crack Supplier

I went to see 'Cock in Las Vegas. I had a good time.

I'm fucking tired.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #197
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I went to see 'Cock in Las Vegas. I had a good time.
Fuck YEAH, you did!

I'm exhausted, too.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #198
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 10-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #199
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

No more of these things! Glad you enjoyed it, Marther, and I hope staying pure was worth it. You may now shed your Shuttlecock chastity belt.

So I'm spending an uncharacteristic Saturday night at home. Took a friend out for her 21st last night (and Thursday after midnight). There were no survivors. So a low key evening sounds good.

I'm seeing Dirty Projectors in 48 hours. Joy!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post

No more of these things! Glad you enjoyed it, Marther, and I hope staying pure was worth it. You may now shed your Shuttlecock chastity belt.

So I'm spending an uncharacteristic Saturday night at home. Took a friend out for her 21st last night (and Thursday after midnight). There were no survivors. So a low key evening sounds good.

I'm seeing Dirty Projectors in 48 hours. Joy!
The DOO!

Tags
album reviews, albums, music, random music talk, ten inch cockatoo