Interference Random Music Talk Part XVIII - In Which GAF Listens to Sex Church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like it's the most obvious thing in the world, like they're shifting directly into the song, but I know I've been hearing it.

Some people had said he seemed to be playing more and more of the riff, but I don't think I've listened to enough boots to verify that. But I know it's been in there.

Don't know what else to tell you, you ... you ..... non-believer!

Yeah, that's really all it is. It's not a long stretch of the riff, but it's recognizable.

Dang.

Someone saw the printed setlist, Mercy's not on it. It's happened before that someone's seen the setlist and it's been off by a song or two, but damn all the same. Oh well. MOTD is on it, though.

I don't expect them to play it yet because it doesn't sound like they've fully figured it out yet. But hopefully soon.

He's yelling out parts of Discotheque at the end of Crazy Tonight! You're just ungrateful. SHAME.

I know. Such is life.

Dang.
Someone saw the printed setlist, Mercy's not on it. It's happened before that someone's seen the setlist and it's been off by a song or two, but damn all the same. Oh well. MOTD is on it, though.

After hearing the rehearsal clip, I fully expect them to play it at some point. Besides, wasn't there an entry in Willie's Diary where he said that they were musing about possibly playing that song at some point during the show?

Besides, wasn't there an entry in Willie's Diary where he said that they were musing about possibly playing that song at some point during the show?

Yeah, there was.

I think it's awesome news. I've always loved the song.

I listened to the rehearsal clip, and there are clear changes to the version we are all familiar with. I didn't examine it as thoroughly as I could have, but parts of the song have been taken out and replaced, etc. There's a completely new refrain.

I just hope the verse lyrics stay the same. Especially the first handful of lines on the song. Great stuff there.

Yeah, there was.

I think it's awesome news. I've always loved the song.

I listened to the rehearsal clip, and there are clear changes to the version we are all familiar with. I didn't examine it as thoroughly as I could have, but parts of the song have been taken out and replaced, etc. There's a completely new refrain.

I just hope the verse lyrics stay the same. Especially the first handful of lines on the song. Great stuff there.
The main changes seem to be to the chorus. Most of the verse lyrics sounded the same from what I could hear.

MOTD played after Walk On, with some Turkish singer named Zulif (sp?).

What's the significance of this song with Turkey? Perhaps a Middle Eastern/Iraq reference? It just seems like it's kind of an odd choice for a song, particularly since it just seemed to come out of nowhere. Unless a South American tour announcement is on the horizon.

There was a reference to a Turkish man who had disappeared some years ago. Was apparently referenced in the Pop liner notes, and I think someone said something was dedicated to him at one point in the show.

There was some talk about him in the setlist thread, and someone had posted some info from the net about him, but I have no idea where to start wading through to find it.

Edit:

Femi Tusun.

http://www.bianet.org/english/human...te-for-fate-of-her-husband-before-thanking-u2

looks like i'll have to get ATliens as well now.

I'm not sure why we're using spoiler tags for the U2 shows - is there anyone in the thread regularly who is trying to avoid spoilers? Do we need to keep using them?

not yet - but pretty soon i'm going to stop reading setlists so i can save a few surprises for our tour.

that they rehearsed Mercy has me ridiculously excited. Bono said in a few interviews that they're going to be playing songs down under that they never have before... if Mercy is one, i might blow up.

also, MOTD > MLK

Yeah, I wasn't sad to see they dropped MLK for this one. Better half a tiny song than a full song. (Unless that full song is IALW. :wink: )

my U2 interest has skyrocketed.
i'm going to as many as five shows.
i'm listening to them more frequently.
i'm following setlists, listening to radio interviews.
i'm finally (slowly) reading U2 by U2.
they rehearsed Mercy.
i know a bunch of girls who are going to be upfront near me in GA.
i passed on the livenation presale code bono_man2002 gave me and inadvertently helped about 100 people score hassle-free tickets.

it's a good time.

You might just want to start one.

"Likelihood of Hooking Up With Friggin' Cobbler at a U2 Show?"

It seems to me that "Mercy" is destined to appear as a "new" track on the Best of 2000-2010, which I assume will be released in the foreseeable future. I think that it would function well in that capacity, but I can't really imagine a proper album setting where it would work.

How sad is it that I read that and thought "..... but we already had that Best of."

Year comprehension FAIL. :doh:

It seems to me that "Mercy" is destined to appear as a "new" track on the Best of 2000-2010, which I assume will be released in the foreseeable future. I think that it would function well in that capacity, but I can't really imagine a proper album setting where it would work.

A best of 2000-2010 would be awful. What the fuck would be on it?

Two of their only three (I would say the other is Vertigo) big hits from the decade are already on the 1990-2000. As we all know, the singles from NLOTH failed miserably. Nothing from HTDAAB outside of Vertigo really made much of an impact either. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own did ok. I guess you could maybe say COBL got a bit of life because our badass black President repped it for a while.

A tracklisting of Walk On, Elevation, Vertigo, Sometimes, OOTS, COBL, Boots, Magnificent, and Crazy Tonight? That would be weak as shit.

Also, apparently Laz had a heart attack and died when he saw that Mercy was rehearsed. Motherfucker hasn't come in here to give us his reaction yet.

Ha, I was just thinking that.

Good points about the tracklisting for a potential best of, but U2 being U2, I kind of assume it's going to happen eventually.

A best of 2000-2010 would be awful. What the fuck would be on it?

Two of their only three (I would say the other is Vertigo) big hits from the decade are already on the 1990-2000. As we all know, the singles from NLOTH failed miserably. Nothing from HTDAAB outside of Vertigo really made much of an impact either. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own did ok. I guess you could maybe say COBL got a bit of life because our badass black President repped it for a while.

A tracklisting of Walk On, Elevation, Vertigo, Sometimes, OOTS, COBL, Boots, Magnificent, and Crazy Tonight? That would be weak as shit.

Also, apparently Laz had a heart attack and died when he saw that Mercy was rehearsed. Motherfucker hasn't come in here to give us his reaction yet.
ATYCLB: Elevation, Walk On, In a Little While
HTDAAB: Vertigo, Sometimes, City of Blinding Lights, ABOY/OOTS
NLOTH: Boots, Magnificent, Crazy Tonight, Moment of Surrender
Extras: One MJB Version, Haiti Song, Mercy or something

Don't tell me you can't see something like that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom