Interference Random Music Talk Part XVIII - In Which GAF Listens to Sex Church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And how was day 2?

Not bad apart from the 45 minute harassment avoidance training. Apparently I don't have carte blanche to grope women at work anymore. This country is going to hell in a handbasket.

It's good so far though. Sort of feels like a glorified internship, but that'll go away when I get my first pay check. I like my coworkers and am in the process of making my cubicle somewhat homey, so we'll see how the next few weeks go. I'm comfortable, though, and it looks like it'll be reasonably challenging. More than anything, I'm just relieved to finally be doing something. Like you, I'm definitely exhausted. The sleep schedule is giving me fits. But hopefully tomorrow is a short day and I can prepare for getting down college football style this weekend. Gonna rock my gameday polo for casual Friday tomorrow. It's that time, kids.

Not bad apart from the 45 minute harassment avoidance training. Apparently I don't have carte blanche to grope women at work anymore. This country is going to hell in a handbasket.

It's good so far though. Sort of feels like a glorified internship, but that'll go away when I get my first pay check. I like my coworkers and am in the process of making my cubicle somewhat homey, so we'll see how the next few weeks go. I'm comfortable, though, and it looks like it'll be reasonably challenging. More than anything, I'm just relieved to finally be doing something.

Nice....sounds like a fairly typical start, which is probably a good thing....yeah, make your cube as comfortable and familiar as possible. Really really happy for you, man.

It's good so far though. Sort of feels like a glorified internship, but that'll go away when I get my first pay check. I like my coworkers and am in the process of making my cubicle somewhat homey, so we'll see how the next few weeks go. I'm comfortable, though, and it looks like it'll be reasonably challenging. More than anything, I'm just relieved to finally be doing something.

what is it that you are doing, if i may ask?

that does indeed suck, your first point.

Cobbs, I'm working for the state, which only lends more credibility to my status as The Deputy.

It's good so far though. Sort of feels like a glorified internship, but that'll go away when I get my first pay check. I like my coworkers and am in the process of making my cubicle somewhat homey, so we'll see how the next few weeks go. I'm comfortable, though, and it looks like it'll be reasonably challenging. More than anything, I'm just relieved to finally be doing something. Like you, I'm definitely exhausted. The sleep schedule is giving me fits. But hopefully tomorrow is a short day and I can prepare for getting down college football style this weekend. Gonna rock my gameday polo for casual Friday tomorrow. It's that time, kids.
tumblr_l03x9yR3NB1qzdm1io1_500.jpg

I've been dying to talk about the mail with you all day, okay?

I'm just watching that season now - just watched that one last night.

I laughed seriously hard at "Mac and Charlie Die." (part 1)

When I worked in an office, I was the only person in the office without an official nameplate on my cubicle, so I hastily made one that read "PEPE SILVIA." I always wondered if someone got the joke.

My cube doesn't have a nameplate yet. You just gave me an idea.

I have never had a cubicle, but I have had many a desk. Not a single piece of decoration or ornamentation between the lot of 'em. I've burned through five apartments in my day, too, and never had a single wall hanging, plant, or decorative piece of any kind.

I don't know why exactly this is, but I know that it won't surprise anybody.

I can't imagine I'll hang anything in the cubicle other than my diploma. Only things I have on my walls at home are my Rangers calendar above my desk, a Mavericks flag above the bedroom TV, and my famous Sgt. Pepper's rug in the living room overlooking my rekkid collection. Pretty sparse, but who gives a shit? You should see this broad's cubicle. I'll try to snap a photo tomorrow. Pink. Everywhere. It looks like a prepubescent girl's bedroom.

it sounds ridiculous you all saying "cubicle". all that does for me is give me an image that you all work/worked in toilets.

Septic tanks =/= toilets.

My last few offices had some framed posters on the wall, and some items of significance from my career lying around my desk. Of more importance would be where to put the dock for my iPod.

Shouter, seriously, I'm fucking digging this Sex Church mambo jambo.

I don't usually listen to abrasive stuff, but, this wasn't really abrasive to my ears, at all. I'm always willing to give shit a listen, even if I'm fairly sure I'll not like it....you just never know......

I didn't take it as a dig, either.

"Someone Great" has cemented itself as my favorite LCD Soundsystem song. It's a shame that it seems always to get overshadowed by "All My Friends."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom