Interference Random Music Talk Part XVIII - In Which GAF Listens to Sex Church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one cracked me up.

enhanced-buzz-9937-1282983296-14.jpg

I just realized that I was listening to the alternate take of Yahweh....and enjoying it....

The alternate versions always have better instrumentation and worse composition / song structure / vocal tracks.

I don't know what all the fuss is about w/r/t that earlier version. The beat is too bouncy and doesn't really fit the material.

While it seems to be a heavily-disliked song around these parts, to me it sounds VERY much like One Cock Hill so I've always enjoyed it. Sure I'm not crazy about Boner singing about God so blatantly, but it's a pretty uplifting song from a musical perspective. Really like Hedge's playing despite the fact that it sounds like something he's done before.

I've been listening to You-Know-Who's albums chronologically. I'm on the 2000s tonight.

Boy, I'll tell ya - Attyclub is sounding really good tonight.

It's funny - while I hear the songs all the damn time on my iPod, it's so rare that I sit down and listen to the albums start to finish. And then I'm surprised by how much I like them. :lol:

I like just about everything about the album version, but like a lot of the tracks on Bomb, it's just way too muddled and tried to throw too much in there at once. The mixing is really disappointing on that album. COBL is a great, great song almost stuck down by how flat the chorus sounds. It's like Steve Lillywhite comes in and shits all over the drum and guitar tracks at the last minute.

I am trying to think of other alt names for Boner. Bonhomme, maybe. Bon-Luc Picard?

For the 00s, maybe Bonappetit is more fitting. You know, because he looks like a walrus.

I still love Bonappetit, but these days, moreso in the way you love a crazy uncle. "Oh B, you so crazy."

I think I'm okay - all the hipsters aren't raving about Grace, so I think I'm okay.

Did I say I think I'm okay? Because I think I'm okay.

I like just about everything about the album version, but like a lot of the tracks on Bomb, it's just way too muddled and tried to throw too much in there at once. The mixing is really disappointing on that album. COBL is a great, great song almost stuck down by how flat the chorus sounds. It's like Steve Lillywhite comes in and shits all over the drum and guitar tracks at the last minute.

I have such a strange relationship with Bomb. When I listen to it, I realize that I like every track, but somehow I'm always underwhelmed by the album as a whole - as though I'd just wasted my time despite having liked every song. I don't really feel that way about any other album in my collection.

I'm listening to Bomb right now.

Truth:

I still like Vertigo.

I like Miracle Drug.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own is pretty awesome, and sometimes I tear up when he hits that big note.

Yahweh pisses me off because I really like the song, but the production is so crummy. It's all disorted and junk, and I hate that.

I have such a strange relationship with Bomb. When I listen to it, I realize that I like every track, but somehow I'm always underwhelmed by the album as a whole - as though I'd just wasted my time despite having liked every song. I don't really feel that way about any other album in my collection.
OOh2 is a band that has always written great albums. Bomb sounds like a great singles band made a greatest hits compilation. From OSC on it's coherent, but from the start it just seems like tracks came form everywhere, which they did, really, when you think about how many different hands went into the production.

I think the band is much better with the same guiding hands throughout an album, such as with Eno and Lanois. I know OOh2 have always worked with a smattering of people giving input on each record, but they need focus as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom