Interference Random Music Talk Part XV - We're using Charlie Rose tinted glasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Gasoline Dreams about as high as BOB, personally.

Also, So Fresh So Clean, Stanklove, Red Velvet, Slum Beautiful, Xplosion, ? and... uh, yeah, pretty much the whole album's great.

Not sure how much that has to deal with it. My perception of my own manliness (quite high, mind you) isn't affected one way or another by my taste in music. There's plenty, plenty of shit I listen to that wouldn't really kick my manliness scores into the stratosphere or anything. She & Him would certainly apply, but like I said, I don't care for the project (mostly due to M. Ward).

In any case, I know a song I like when I hear it, so there you go. I dig "Thieves."

I'm not being serious. I do like the song, and even the album, a great deal. I'm not for real worried about my manliness.

Also, So Fresh So Clean, Stanklove, Red Velvet, Slum Beautiful, Xplosion, ? and... uh, yeah, pretty much the whole album's great.

awesome :up: i trust your judgement.

i'm almost ready to proclaim them as the Artist of the (Previous) Decade.

:up: I love Gasoline Dreams as well. I'm probably the only one, but I think Humble Mumble may be my overall favorite Outkast song. The 'Drinkin' Again' interlude after it always cracks me up as well.

billy-ocean.jpg

:)

That song has finally been overtaken by several others on the disc as my favorite. But yeah, it's entirely awesome, all the same.

Go check out Mirrorball, GAF. Prettiest song ever, y/y?

Drinking in the morning sun!
Shaking off a heavy one!

They gained at least one fan with those lyrics right there. And the rest of the song is great, too.

I will listen to "Mirrorball" right now on the YouTubes.

Mirrorball, Grounds For Divorce and Friend Of Mine are all great. But the middle songs are boring.

I don't dislike any of the songs on it, although the almost-jovial feel of The Fix and Audience With the Pope almost seem out of place.

That's even a stretch to say that, because I still really like them.

Some Riot is fantastic. Grounds For Divorce is bliss. The Bones of You is glorious. Friend of Ours is heartbreaking.

Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver didn't do much for me at first, but it's really grown on me. Ditto Starlings, which I now love. The lyrics and the way the melody climbs is just wonderful.

I have no idea. I think if the songs would get out of my head for one minute, I might be able to move on to something else. And I've listened to other music, so it's not like I haven't tried!

Woe is me ... what a horrible fate, listening to a great album all week. :wink:

Do you bring out your musket of justice anytime anyone gets on a tangent about a particular band?

Or are you just yanking my chain because you heard I was lacking in sleep this week and wanted to see if you could make me burst into irrational tears?

I thought one of my stereotypical posts was due. In reality, it doesn't actually bother me.

I do think this section of the forum would do better with new threads more often and such, it can sometimes move a little slow.

Oh, okay. Because I was ready to burst into tears and storm out of the thread. :wink:

I will go bump the Elbow thread, though. Because you cocked your musket so nicely.

I thought you'd go for a joke about my "cocked your musket" comment.

I'm disappointed and a little hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom