Interference Random Music Talk Part XIX: The One without a Clever Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercy (Rule) sounded better today, but I feel it has become a very conventional song.

... but i can't justify paying $150 for a ticket & driving the hour by myself. if it was nearer to me and a bit cheaper i'd probably consider it. every time i've been to a festival so far, it's been just as much about having fun drinking and chilling with friends as it has been checking out the music.

Hmm. Haven't been to a festival by myself. but I did GA for Coldplay last year, on my own. I actually ended up standing near a couple of people who went to the same school as me. Paramore this year On my own (Boy did I feel OLD...plus these were all on TWO hour Drives :wink:) I'll be attending U2 in Brisbane on my own. (and if I end up finding sydney affordable, that solo as well)

I think that today's rehearsal news was pretty cool. Yeah, sure, whatever, it's not necessarily the one song I'd choose but I'd still be pretty fucking happy if they played it at a show I attended.

Mercy (Rule) sounded better today, but I feel it has become a very conventional song.

I won't be listening to any further recordings of this, unless I hear that major changes have happened.

Maybe by the time they get to the U.S. (or release an album version) they'll pull their heads out of their asses and fix what they've seriously broken.

Also, I'm from Chicago. It's a big industrialized city.

Are you? I'm from just outside of Chicago. It's not big, but there's some industry here. Also we have a gambling boat, but that doesn't mean every one here is a gangster and wear funny hats.

Fair enough. But I still don't understand why you'd pay $150 for a ticket and drive for an hour if there was at least one other person with you.

I'm not picking on you, it's just I have never been one to deprive myself of seeing an event, whether it's sports or a concert, because no one was interested in coming with me.

i know you weren't, no worries :) and i'm well aware of the fact that it sounds ridiculous on paper.

picked up my second Jay-Z album in a week, The Blueprint 1, today. this from Pitchfork has me very, very excited about his support slot for Australia, even if it is only me and Ian who are so:

Everybody loves Jay-Z. But if Jay accepted that fact, last night's blinding spectacle may not have occurred at all. The Brooklyn rapper thrives on sometimes-imaginary obstacles and goals, the loftier the better. In the realm of hip-hop extravagance, he's been competing with himself exclusively for years now. While few would count his last album, The Blueprint 3, as a Jay-Z classic, his live show has never been better. It's quite simply the best rap set ever staged. And that's without any guests. So, even for a guy with it all, last night was special. He'll never get enough love. It's OK. That's how he works.

:hyper:

and about half of everyone i know on facebook, who'll probably all be gone from the stadium before u2 even get to streets.

:lol: i think there is quite a legitimate number of people who have bought tickets and have no plans to see U2. a number of my friends said they would do that. whether that was just a lame attempt to annoy me or not, i don't know.

I was only kinda sorta paying attention to the thread over there during the show, and I don't recall seeing any mention of it being rehearsed, and they usually mention anything that was reported anywhere.

I'll go back and double check, since I know the mere thought of doing it causes you great pain.

Oh, never mind. It's right there on the 2nd page. Someone from a Chilean fan site says he got a text from someone in Munich who said they rehearsed it.

Which I suppose doesn't mean a damn thing, but there you go.

Yeah, but I also thought Willie Williams was making a funny when he said that he'd suggested they play Mercy.

So at this point, I'm not willing to outright dismiss any possibilities. They could play Elvis Presley and America with a snippet of Elvis Ate America, and I would just nod and say "Ah, of course they did."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom