Interference Random Music Talk Part XIX: The One without a Clever Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to be a n00b but what's space moon? i mean, i've gathered that it's a moon in space. which sounds cool to me. but was it a music blog or something?

sorry to be a n00b but what's space moon? i mean, i've gathered that it's a moon in space. which sounds cool to me. but was it a music blog or something?

You can't just gather that it's a moon in space. You need to experience it as a moon in space.

Also, it's a music playlist sharing kind of thing, in short.

It's a moon. In space. Where Space Moons orbit other Space Moons and are defended by the inhabitants of Space Moon. Except Space Moon needs no defense. Space Moon is it's own defense.

Space Moon.

You can't just gather that it's a moon in space. You need to experience it as a moon in space.

i do like experiences. how does one experience space moon? does it involve a rocket ship? is U2 gonna play there? am I allowed to even talk about U2 in this section?

Oh, you'll do well here.

:)

And yes, you are. It is up to you to decide whether you refer to U2 in code or not.

Also, it's a music playlist sharing kind of thing, in short.

ohhh sorry I missed that in your post at first. that sounds fun! I <3 playlists

It's a moon. In space. Where Space Moons orbit other Space Moons and are defended by the inhabitants of Space Moon. Except Space Moon needs no defense. Space Moon is it's own defense.

Space Moon.

space moon expert?? mother of mountain dew??

ohhh sorry I missed that in your post at first. that sounds fun! I <3 playlists

I edited, no worries. There's also another playlist exchange that goes on around these parts fairly regularly, but that one's a bit of a competition. It's called Desert Island, here's a website documenting the first 6 incarnations (there have been 7 now)

Desert Island
i like to call them The 2

:hmm: you're not an alter, are you?

:hmm: you're not an alter, are you?

hahaha no i've actually just lurked here for awhile, and I saw that guy post (don't remember who, just remember he did that)...thought it was pretty ridiculous.

that Desert Island thing looks pretty sweet. I'll totes check it out. though I gotta say, Space Moon is a wayyy cooler name. and location.

hahaha no i've actually just lurked here for awhile, and I saw that guy post (don't remember who, just remember he did that)...thought it was pretty ridiculous.

that Desert Island thing looks pretty sweet. I'll totes check it out. though I gotta say, Space Moon is a wayyy cooler name. and location.
We took that and ran with it. A lot of bands got nicknames like that (i.e. The National was The NASH!).

I vaguely remember something about 'The 2', but I cant quite remember
It's a long story, but basically a guy said something about how he knew ahead of time that U2 was getting a bad score for NLOTH in a magazine, and he referred to it as "the 2" as in the score. When it turned out he was wrong, he claimed he was not saying they were going to get a 2, but was rather referring to them by a nickname of The 2. Or something. I'll try and HISTORIAN that shit.

I didn't remember the thing about the rating being "the 2" - I just remembered him claiming he and his friends called them "the 2."

Because U2 is just so damned long and complicated to say. Better to shorten it. Except not.

Good times.

When Space Moon first orbited, I was vaguely annoyed by the whole thing and the nonstop in-jokes.

And then when it came back, I felt its peace, love and healthy nuclear glow.

I cannot take credit for the birth of Mountain Dew as I possess male genitalia but I can only assume that Space Moon invented Mountain Dew.

Space Moon sounds like an Xtremely delicious place, in that case. I've been known to Do the Dew on occasion. But I mostly Chug the Red Bull. That's a thing, right?

In that case. Awesome.

It's hard to top Space Moon, the moon...in space. As a location.

I'll try and HISTORIAN that shit.

Oh please do. I'm sure I remember that and thought it was fucking retarded. Also, who was the guy who claimed to have heard the album before everyone in new york, and would keep bringing it up after the album came out? "I didnt think I was better than you when I heard the album before everyone here" or something along those lines. What an ass. Was that the same guy?

Space Moon represents the best of us, and the best of itself. It's independent of gravitational forces, and instead forces us all to gravitate towards one another. Look in your heart, collapse.....and you'll see The Space Moon, which as it turns out, is a moon, in space, called Space Moon.

It's a long story, but basically a guy said something about how he knew ahead of time that U2 was getting a bad score for NLOTH in a magazine, and he referred to it as "the 2" as in the score. When it turned out he was wrong, he claimed he was not saying they were going to get a 2, but was rather referring to them by a nickname of The 2. Or something. I'll try and HISTORIAN that shit.

As I recall, it was more that he just kept referring to them as The '2. A stupid shortening of the name since it required MORE text than just writing U2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom