Interference Random Music Talk Part XIX: The One without a Clever Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the most recent performance is much better. it's not the 2004 version, but it's better. unsurprisingly, like most u2 stuff i feel like the best solution is somewhere in between.

the piano would be fine with me if it wasn't so upfront in the mix, because it's so simple.

i'll save any rage until we have a revised studio version.

It is funny that we never bothered to 'cockify Boner's wife or any of the people at Shuttlecock HQ other than Paul McCockne$$. I mean, we've brought up longtime collaborators like Cockijn, Beano, and Patois, but I don't think there's ever been a name for the guy who produced the first three albums and fucked up HTMAAS, has there?

I'll be in charge of 'cockifying Bono's daughter's names, not because I'm incredibly attracted to them, but because I believe they are strong and successful young women. Admirable for the class they've shown in keeping their dignity and wits about them as they navigate the unenviable path of living in the shadow of one of the biggest and most divisive rock stars in the history of the planet.

I'll be in charge of 'cockifying Bono's daughter's names, not because I'm incredibly attracted to them, but because I believe they are strong and successful young women. Admirable for the class they've shown in keeping their dignity and wits about them as they navigate the unenviable path of living in the shadow of one of the biggest and most divisive rock stars in the history of the planet.

So I'm guessing "Whordan" and "Beave" are not good suggestions?

They're simply following God's orders.

The real question is Why is LC ignoring the western half of this country? Like, what's the point in even coming?

LC were cool when they came out, but I felt their album was too polished. The craziness of their ep was why I liked them in the first place.

LC were cool when they came out, but I felt their album was too polished. The craziness of their ep was why I liked them in the first place.

HVjDz.jpg

Romance Is Boring is the one album that I've really wanted to hear from this year, Hold on There, Youngster being one of the more original albums that I've heard in recent years. I just have not yet been able to find a decent price on it for whatever reason.

I guess I'm in the minority: LC!!!!11 has only gotten better since their debut. A bunch of obnoxious twee fucks that got their act together and made an ambitious third album that channels their idiosyncrasies into something great. They had better not break up now that things are getting good. :(

You're looking at the proud new owner a of a fucking Bob Dylan concert ticket.

You beautiful sons of bitches.

Yay, GAF!

If nothing else, I like the new iTunes because for whatever reason, songs delete quicker off my iPod. In the previous few versions, it would take 10-15 seconds to delete anything - no idea why. It had been happening ever since I upgraded my iPod a couple of years ago.

Now they delete right away. Yay.

You're looking at the proud new owner a of a fucking Bob Dylan concert ticket.

You beautiful sons of bitches.

Congrats!

Whatever people may say about his live show (and, yes, clearly, he doesn't sing well now and never really did), the concert of his that I saw on Election Night 2008—a sort of homecoming show for Dylan, of course—was abso-fucking-lutely mind-blowing. My sister texted me "IT'S OVER!!! OBAMA!!!," which is how I found out the results, and then Dylan came out for the encore, said, "Things are gonna change now," and launched into "The Times They Are A-Changin'." Nothing can match the pure excitement and possibility of that moment, regardless of what's happened with Obama since. The joy in Northrop Auditorium, which then poured out into the streets for hours, was inspiring, to say the least, and having a Bob Dylan show be a huge part of that seemed fitting and simply perfect.

/nostalgic rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom