Interference Random Music Talk Part XIV - Magic everywhere in this bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrissey - Vauxhall and I

Yes. I'll take this over every Smiths album save The Queen is Dead.

Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One

Seconded.

Also, it was 1989, but everyone should have Operation Ivy.

This reminds me: Rancid's Life Won't Wait was one of my favorite albums of 1998, fully delivering on the promise of following in the footsteps of The Clash, in terms of political interest and musical experimentation.

There's a noticeable lack of the Space Jam OST in these lists.

Anyone remember Electronic? I dont think they were too popular in North America, though they might've been around for longer in Europe. Probably not as good as a Bernard Sumner/Johnny Marr collaboration sounds on paper, but they were pretty good. I only ever had their second album, which I thought was awesome at the time, but havent listened to in well over a decade. Forbidden City has to be one of my top 90's tunes

YouTube - Electronic - Forbidden City .wmv

Was almost going to be up in arms that nobody mentioned Manic Street Preachers, but U2PM covered it in usual fashion :up:

Some day, the world will have forgotten to trick itself into pretending to like Neutral Milk Hotel. Some day.

Even though it also hasnt aged well, I was absolutely obsessed with Performance and Cocktails by Stereophonics for quite some time. Their first two and a half albums were solid, then I dont know what happened to them

Anyone remember Electronic? I dont think they were too popular in North America, though they might've been around for longer in Europe. Probably not as good as a Bernard Sumner/Johnny Marr collaboration sounds on paper, but they were pretty good. I only ever had their second album, which I thought was awesome at the time, but havent listened to in well over a decade. Forbidden City has to be one of my top 90's tunes

YouTube - Electronic - Forbidden City .wmv

Sumner's vocal in that clip sounds off, a little too high-pitched. So I think the speed is too fast.

Anyway, big fan of these guys. Their third album, Twisted Tenderness was fantastic and never received much press.

Forbidden City was good, but on that album I really loved that pop gem For You, and the closer Time Can Tell.

Some day, the world will have forgotten to trick itself into pretending to like Neutral Milk Hotel. Some day.

Oh no, some people like things you don't like!

Seriously though, they're very love or hate. Another forum I visit, the people who love them are truly over the top about it. I like the album quite a bit, but I don't see the need in acting as if it's a gift given to us directly from God.

I don't see the need in acting as if it's a gift given to us directly from God.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I have never and probably will never understand that contingent of super-fanatics. As the years have gone on, though, it does seem to me that fewer and fewer people are drinking that Kool-Aid, and that's good enough.

:love:

I've tried. So many times. In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is still a dull, musically bland, and vaguely irritating record with the worst lead vocalist of all time ever. Holland is all I take from it.

It's a good list from what I can see. I wouldn't feel bad about having Peter Gabriel's US in a Top 10 list, for example. Phenomenal album.

True enough, I just felt like I had to scramble to make it, more like they were the only albums I'd heard (exaggeration) rather than my favorites.

Ok, thanks guys. This list is at 75 albums and I think I'll keep it there. Really appreciate the advice.

Oh, and Impy, you and I both know well enough that I own and love the Space Jam OST.

For Shouter, a photo of your boy:

vmr4mv.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the song title chain thread should go to the game / chat section of the forum?

Yes, but I have to tell you - I care about it much less now that you can just ignore an entire thread. :drool:

Built to Spill are opening for fucking Kings of Leon?

Dear everyone on Earth,

Please stop listening to Kings of Leon.

~u2popmofo

When he recycled the same old poem yet again, part of me did.

Seriously, all the poems are pretty similar.

I feel like an asshole for caring as much as I do. Honestly, I wish that he hadn't so enraged me. I would've been so much happier for the first few minutes of the more mainstream indie shows I went to that were in reasonably decent neighborhoods, for the last 10ish years. But I just couldn't let myself get over how ridiculous and embarrassing his, ahem, gimmick was. Or how grotesque he is, physically. I really hate that man and pretty much all that for which he stands, even though I know that I shouldn't bother. Ugh. Fuck, I am just SO glad that he's gone. I hope he stays away until forever. I feel bad for Austin, but better you than me. Gotta play to win, you know?

I would've payed GOOD ass money, though, to see him show his face and play his games at a south side hardcore show. At Reggie's, let's say. Right across from Chinatown, and the only club outside of which I've been held up. Dude would've been crucified. Sigh. I can always dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom