Interference Random, Music Talk Part VI: You are tearing me APART, Liam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was what, 3-4 years ago?

july29.jpg

Yeah, I think three years ago. I think his health issues were like five years ago.

TESLAAAAAAAAAA!

How does R.E.M. not make this list? THE 'POON wouldn't have a career if it weren't for those motherfuckers comin straight outta Athens. And they've gotta be up there higher than that girl at #10 that I've never heard of, right?

Peef, you should go with Blonde on Blonde for your next Dylan album.

R.E.M. was on my active list for a long time, but Reveal and Around the Sun nearly earned them a lifetime ban. I've never been so disappointed in albums from an artist I liked that much. Accelerate was a step in the right direction, but fairly lightweight. They've still got a ways to go.

Now someone like Joni Mitchell hasn't done anything truly great in a while, but she also didn't squeeze out a piece of shit to sully her reputation with me.

Also, funny how we both suggested B on B to Queef.

I've often heard Blonde on Blonde as the next one to go to. That'll probably be it.

And since everyone asked, here's my list of favorite artists that can't or are not likely to record anytime soon:

1. THE PAVE!
2. The Beatles
3. New Order
4. The Replacements
5. Pixies
6. Miles Davis
7. The Clash
8. Led Zeppelin
9. Francis Albert Sinatra ("THE VOICE!")
10. The Dismemberment Plan

No Talking Heads? This, my friend, is the most epic fail imaginable.

I've often heard Blonde on Blonde as the next one to go to. That'll probably be it.

Blonde on Blonde is the only essential Dylan record. It is very, very, very far from the only good, or even pretty great, Dylan record, but it is the only absolutely, utterly, terrifically genius one. Very well might be the best double album ever released. Just a damn shame that it doesn't close with "Desolation Row," which the pretty great Highway 61 Revisited stole away. "Visions of Johanna" could possibly be the best rock song ever written.

Highway 61 is also a flat-out masterpiece, even if BOB has higher highs.

And I think Blood on the Tracks, while not as exciting, is about as good as songwriting and delivery gets.

TABC certification class was more boring that Regina Spektor's latest album.

I'm headed to Ft. Worth for the weekend, partially to see that lady I told you bitches about. I'll pop in via iPhone from time to time to make sure none of you have fallen down whilst playing tuxedo football. Welp, see ya later.

Great song. Should have been the lead single off Be Here Now. The decision to not even put it on the album is hard to understand. Cocaine is a hell of a drug, I guess.

Just listened to LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver for the first time ... not wildly impressed with the whole thing, but holy fuck, "All My Friends" is all kinds of awesome.

Just listened to LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver for the first time ... not wildly impressed with the whole thing, but holy fuck, "All My Friends" is all kinds of awesome.
For the first time? Good god, man. It's an incredible album - the perfect balance between shit you want to hear before/while you go out, and the shit you want to hear when you get home and you're depressed and want to keep drinking.

Good description, Mr. V.

Though All My Friends stands above the rest of the album like a golden god.

I think the top two are Someone Great and All My Friends, sure, but I don't want to discount how great the rest of it is. Get Innocuous! and NY,ILYBYBMD (lol) is one of the best opening/closing combinations on an album in recent memory, I feel. The whole album is short, tight, and there's no filler. Nothing but :heart:.

I think the top two are Someone Great and All My Friends, sure, but I don't want to discount how great the rest of it is. Get Innocuous! and NY,ILYBYBMD (lol) is one of the best opening/closing combinations on an album in recent memory, I feel. The whole album is short, tight, and there's no filler. Nothing but :heart:.

Those were the four tracks that stuck out to me most on first listen.

Switch out "Get Innocuous!" for "Watch the Tapes" and those are my Top 4, too. Yeah, great description, Mistah V.

Sounds similar to "Get Innoculated" and "Wash the Taint", which are on the "10 Ways to Avoid Getting A Disease From Lance's Mom" flyer Dalton had printed up a couple years ago.

Unknown Caller is actually quite the Radiohead tribute. The first verse is the guitar tone from Talk Show Host and the second verse is the Airbag tone. And then I guess the chanting is sort of like Fitter, Happier if you want to take it one step farther.

Yeah, nice that they returned the favor after Radiocock made their derivative versions of Cockropa and Cockengers with OcocK Computer and Cock A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom