Interference Random Music Talk Part V: A Shuttlecock by any other name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to apply to become a PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association) referee for basketball (and maybe baseball). That would be a fucking fantastic job at college, what with scheduling my own hours and all.

I want to apply to become a PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association) referee for basketball (and maybe baseball). That would be a fucking fantastic job at college, what with scheduling my own hours and all.

That would be a great gig. I used to umpire Pony League back in high school. Good times.

Force quit, and move to trash!

Sometimes I'm tempted to do that to the album.

That would be a great gig. I used to umpire Pony League back in high school. Good times.

I have reffed basketball and umpired baseball already. Baseball is incredibly easy. I umped home plate when I was 13, for kids that were 11.

Basketball is trickier. I reffed seven and eight year olds, so you had to let a lot of stuff go, and how much you let go was difficult to gauge. And you'd be fucking amazed at how some parents, even at that age, still take it too seriously. My favorite was when a coach walked out on the floor and started admonishing me for asking if a kid writhing on the floor in pain was OK, because I should have been checking if his son was OK because he got fouled the previous play (he wasn't injured in any way, just got bumped). I also had to T one coach up for arguing about moving picks, because he decided the best way to demonstrate a moving pick was to set a moving pick on the official. Pushing the ref is not a good idea.

We had a youth basketball league in which high school had its own division. In the final year, my best friend had a kid's mom try to kick his ass.

The league was disbanded shortly after.

I'm looking at the team website I made back in 2004 and apparently we put up 90 in a game. Keep in mind these games had 10 minutes running clock quarters. Jesus.

I have reffed basketball and umpired baseball already. Baseball is incredibly easy. I umped home plate when I was 13, for kids that were 11.

Basketball is trickier. I reffed seven and eight year olds, so you had to let a lot of stuff go, and how much you let go was difficult to gauge. And you'd be fucking amazed at how some parents, even at that age, still take it too seriously. My favorite was when a coach walked out on the floor and started admonishing me for asking if a kid writhing on the floor in pain was OK, because I should have been checking if his son was OK because he got fouled the previous play (he wasn't injured in any way, just got bumped). I also had to T one coach up for arguing about moving picks, because he decided the best way to demonstrate a moving pick was to set a moving pick on the official. Pushing the ref is not a good idea.

You're a man among boys if you have the balls to deal with Little League parents in any capacity. You can be the next Charlie Day, or Tim Donaghy.

charlie-serpico.gif

We had a youth basketball league in which high school had its own division. In the final year, my best friend had a kid's mom try to kick his ass.

The league was disbanded shortly after.

I'm looking at the team website I made back in 2004 and apparently we put up 90 in a game. Keep in mind these games had 10 minutes running clock quarters. Jesus.

When I played CYO, a kid from another team got banned for a year for fighting some kid's dad during a game.

God damn it, Jack Bauer. You really are the man.

That's easily in my top Sunny episodes. "The Gang Gets Invincible," "The Gang Dances Their Asses Off," and "The Nightman Cometh" probably round that out.

God damn it, Jack Bauer. You really are the man.

That's easily in my top Sunny episodes. "The Gang Gets Invincible," "The Gang Dances Their Asses Off," and "The Nightman Cometh" probably round that out.

That one, "Charlie Wants an Abortion," "Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's Ass," "The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation," and "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person" are tops for me.

"The Nightman Cometh" gets an honorable mention.

How could I forget "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person?"

That's bananas, girl!

I love the running jokes about Charlie's intelligence: how he can't read, how he's totally unaware of things going on. Wasn't there an episode where someone mentioned the Middle East and he started talking about the Superdome?

I love the running jokes about Charlie's intelligence: how he can't read, how he's totally unaware of things going on. Wasn't there an episode where someone mentioned the Middle East and he started talking about the Superdome?

Yes, there was.

Charlie Work is also tops with me.

That's also the same episode with the band, right?

Indeed.

Really, no posts in 12 hours?

Come on, people. This was getting good.

Sorry. I was SHOPPING!!!

Tonight is going to be a shitfest if we win. I'm headed to the bar at 5:30. Good times, good times. I'm hoping for this to be the college equivalent of Peef's October.

Sorry. I was SHOPPING!!!

Tonight is going to be a shitfest if we win. I'm headed to the bar at 5:30. Good times, good times. I'm hoping for this to be the college equivalent of Peef's October.

Didn't they win it all when you were my age?

They did. A football title as well. But I wasn't a student here then, just a huge fan. This one would mean so much more.

Potential cover art for Embryonic:

embryonic452.jpg

Fucking great.

So I've been lurking on the forums of another Shuttlecock site for rehearsal info, and lo and behold there's Jick spreading his bile around, same B.S. he's been dishing out all decade.

You have no idea how much this fucker gets my blood boiling. Quite possibly the biggest troll who pretends to be a fan that I've ever seen.

And of course, his avatar is a pic of Jon Cock Jovi. That alone puts one's credibility at -500.

Oh man, I remember Jick. He was banned shortly after I started posting here, at least enough time after to remember his whole deal.

Am i going to get made fun of if I mention I'm listening to the new Rancid and like it a lot?

Say what you want about these guys, but at least they had the sense to rip off The Clash to the point where they were experimenting with some pretty cool sounds. I still think Life Won't Wait (their Sandinista, if you will) is one of the best albums of 1998.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom