Interference Random Music Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it spells LAZARUS!

Martha - this is the first album I've heard of theirs, so I couldn't say.

There are way too many "Black" bands.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Black Lips
Black Keys
Black Kids
Black Sabbath
Black Star
Blaqk Audio
etc

I get Black Lips, Black Keys, and Black Kids mixed up all the time, and I LOVE Black Lips.

My friend's been rambling about the Black Lips for a few days now.

I like your friend. I'm going to do something lame, and quote myself from the year end list write up:

Black Lips ? ?Good Bad Not Evil?
This is like the "summer blockbuster" of my list, in that it is big dumb fun (and it is definitely all 3 of those things). This album has hints of punk, garage rock, country, and '60's pop-rock. If you want a fun rocking album (who would have thought a song about Hurricane Katrina could be so entertaining?), look no further.
-Cold Hands
-Bad Kids
-Navajo
-O Katrina!

The 'Let It Be' album also has some great tracks. Here are some videos of the songs I mentioned before:

Cold Hands (the song that got me into them)
O Katrina! (one of my favorite music videos from last year)
Bad Kids (video of a radio performance in Israel)

Rivers dressed up as a professor while playing an SG is almost avatar worthy. That should have been the album cover.

I like your friend. I'm going to do something lame, and quote myself from the year end list write up:

Black Lips ? ?Good Bad Not Evil?
This is like the "summer blockbuster" of my list, in that it is big dumb fun (and it is definitely all 3 of those things). This album has hints of punk, garage rock, country, and '60's pop-rock. If you want a fun rocking album (who would have thought a song about Hurricane Katrina could be so entertaining?), look no further.
-Cold Hands
-Bad Kids
-Navajo
-O Katrina!

The 'Let It Be' album also has some great tracks. Here are some videos of the songs I mentioned before:

Cold Hands (the song that got me into them)
O Katrina! (one of my favorite music videos from last year)
Bad Kids (video of a radio performance in Israel)

Wow. U2popmofo, I just watched those three videos you posted (love that they are all under 3 minutes) and I think I have a new band to look out for.

I really enjoyed all three of the songs, especially Cold Hands.

I do think that Black Lips is a fucking brutally awful name for a band. Anyway, that doesn't matter. I'm going to give these guys some more listens, thanks. :up:

that Cold Hands sounds like something from "Do the pop" which is like a greatest hits of the Australian punk scene

O Katrina reminded me of the Oblivians
though the Oblivians were better singers

good stuff though :up:

Anyone else enjoying the new Sparks album?

I genuinely enjoy most of what the Mael brothers put out.

We Are Scientists

Anyone heard of them? I like the bits I've heard so far off their new album "Brain Thrust Mastery"

They're playing near me beginning of July and I was wondering if anyone knew of them or had any recommendations whether to check them out or not.

They had a few good indie disco songs on their first album ie. Nobody Move, Nobody Gets Hurt, This Scene is Dead...but they have never really overly appealed to me, a lot of the first album was a bit bland and I haven't heard great things about the second.

This is a great album:

41DXWBM9F5L._SS500_.jpg

Anyone else going to a Tom Waits tour this summr?
It will be my first concert of his and I couldn't be more excited
but I figured if I made a thread it would sink back into oblivion fairly quickly.

I've seen him a few times, most notably during his week-long stint on Broadway (not as in a Broadway show but using a Broadway theatre) years ago and he was so wonderful I have no words to describe it.

I just overheard someone talking in Starbucks about driving down to El Paso to see him so I immediately got online to find out when it was since my travels for work often take me through El Paso. I am considering organizing a trip to coincide with his show there. The tickets are $80 which gave me pause, but it's also a small theatre and I know it would be worth it.

But the real question is: why is Tom Waits playing El Paso? :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom