Interference Random Movie Talk X: Dogs and Cats Living Together... Mass Hysteria!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Identity_movie.jpg

Watching "Indentity" in Psychology/Horror class...not so bad, I'd give it a 6.5/10.

Next week we are watching parts of "Hostel" and "Punishment Park".

You and your classmates would probably get a real kick out of the film The Ninth Configuration, written and directed by the guy who wrote the original Exorcist (book and film). It's about a bunch of Vietnam vets in a secluded mental hospital, and is a real trip.

Ninth_configuration.jpg

300320.1020.A.jpg

You and your classmates would probably get a real kick out of the film The Ninth Configuration, written and directed by the guy who wrote the original Exorcist (book and film). It's about a bunch of Vietnam vets in a secluded mental hospital, and is a real trip.

Ninth_configuration.jpg

300320.1020.A.jpg

I'll check it out! Seems really interesting. My teacher loves recommendations...

We have also watched, "Primal Fear", "Alien", "Let the Right One In" (My recommendation, and the class really liked it!) and "Rec" along with a lot of documentaries on Schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder.

The entire class met up at the movie theatre to watch "Paranormal Activity"...that was pretty funny. We are planning on seeing "Shutter Island" together as well.

In the spring we'll have a whole lesson on the use of violence in movies (Not the gore kind). So we'll watch "Fight Club" and "Reservoir Dogs" and "Inglorious Basterds".

It's one of the best classes I've ever taken. We have to write alot of argumentative papers, but I actually enjoy writing them!

...and then ask someone from your class out on a date.

:ohmy:

I remember seeing that with my girlfriend and then getting into a huge argument on the way home. Not even about the film or the subject matter. It's something better seen alone, because it does not leave people in a good mood, their right mind, etc.

^That's that movie with that really brutal rape scene right? Probably won't fly in class LOL

We watched some pretty messed up stuff, but my teacher knows when to draw the line.

OH, AND WE WATCHED "MOMENTO"...almost forgot! I wrote my 1st semester thesis on Chistopher Nolan films (Dark Knight, Momento and Following)

I hope Inception is good.

...and then ask someone from your class out on a date.

:ohmy:

I remember seeing that with my girlfriend and then getting into a huge argument on the way home. Not even about the film or the subject matter. It's something better seen alone, because it does not leave people in a good mood, their right mind, etc.

I'm not surprised. Irreversible is the single most physically-intense/stirring film I've ever watched. Eli Roth and his hack horror comrades aint got nothing on ol' Gaspar. It doesn't help that they're all idiots and make idiodic empty films, but yeah.

And yeah, Inception does look good. I really didn't care for Following much. Or the batman films... or Insomnia, but that's well worn forum ground by now.

And yeah, Inception does look good. I really didn't care for Following much. Or the batman films... or Insomnia, but that's well worn forum ground by now.

The Dark Knight is just a fad anyway.

/Axver'd

Looks like there's a 2.1 Gb rip of Sion Sono's Love Exposure online with english subs. I think it's out on DVD in Japan already so it's probably decent quality. I'd love to see this in a theater first, but since I missed it at NYAFF and it still has no signs of a North America distributor that chance is probably a lot way off if it ever is to come.

I think I might have to cave in and go for this one.

I'm not surprised. Irreversible is the single most physically-intense/stirring film I've ever watched. Eli Roth and his hack horror comrades aint got nothing on ol' Gaspar. It doesn't help that they're all idiots and make idiodic empty films, but yeah.

I've got the biggest hard-on to see Enter the Void. Can. Not. Wait.

Void looks like it might not even get a release in France till Feb of March. We're going to have to wait a loooong time with that hard-on.

Love Exposure successfully downloaded over night. Oh man. This is going to be glorious.

Ninth_configuration.jpg

300320.1020.A.jpg

Netflix'd. Is this Altered States territority I'm heading into?

*sigh*

VLC is having trouble playing the subtitle files for Love Exposure. I also tried mplayer and Cellulo to no avail. Any ideas?

Actually, I found something now called NicePlayer. It's pretty slick. Doesn't seem quite as full-featured as VLC, so I'm not sure it will replace it any time soon, but it presents the subtitle files and video really well, so I'll give it a shot for a while. In case anyone is interested.

*sigh*

VLC is having trouble playing the subtitle files for Love Exposure. I also tried mplayer and Cellulo to no avail. Any ideas?

Don't you have Perian for Quicktime? You install that and it automatically loads any .srt files when you play an file, assuming they have same file name before the extension.

Other than that, I would try Visual Hub. If you go to advanced and check Force Quicktime Encoding, it should fuse the and the corresponding .srt, again if they have the same name.

Hey folks, big news here:

Barnes & Noble is having a 50% off sale on ALL Criterion for the next two weeks. In addition, there's a coupon that will give you an additional 25% off one item if you buy it at an actual store.

I just picked up the 9 hour Japanese WW2 epic The Human Condition for $30 + tax. Retail is $80.

I highly recommend these collections:

Carl Th. Dreyer set (Ordet, Day of Wrath, Gertrud)
Late Ozu
Raymond Bernard collection (incudes the 4.5-hour Les Miserables adaptation and an amazingly ahead of its time war film called Wooden Crosses)

Here's the link for the printable coupon:

bn.com - Barnes?&?Noble

Don't you have Perian for Quicktime? You install that and it automatically loads any .srt files when you play an file, assuming they have same file name before the extension.

Other than that, I would try Visual Hub. If you go to advanced and check Force Quicktime Encoding, it should fuse the and the corresponding .srt, again if they have the same name.

I do. Though this little exercise reminded me to update it for the first time in a while. I'm really digging NicePlayer though, I have to say. Really slick playlist management and interface.

Hey folks, big news here:

Barnes & Noble is having a 50% off sale on ALL Criterion for the next two weeks. In addition, there's a coupon that will give you an additional 25% off one item if you buy it at an actual store.

I just picked up the 9 hour Japanese WW2 epic The Human Condition for $30 + tax. Retail is $80.

I highly recommend these collections:

Carl Th. Dreyer set (Ordet, Day of Wrath, Gertrud)
Late Ozu
Raymond Bernard collection (incudes the 4.5-hour Les Miserables adaptation and an amazingly ahead of its time war film called Wooden Crosses)

Here's the link for the printable coupon:

bn.com - Barnes�&�Noble

Holy shit. Looks like I'm spending some money this week.:hmm:

So what the hell? Observe and Report had the most misleading ad campaign ever. I liked it more than I thought I would for that reason. Haven't seen a dark comedy like that in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom