Interference Random Movie Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:
Costuming is an important element of a film’s mise-en-scene that often escapes analysis outside of extravagant period pieces where the costuming is as outwardly noticeable as the set design, or the performances. Costuming includes all the apparel worn by the actors in the process of presenting themselves as the characters of their roles on screen. Everything from pants and shirt, to the shoes and jewelry are elements of a film’s carefully design costuming.

You are not your fucking khakis.

8.5 out of 10.

lazarus said:
Bale + Depp < Crowe & Washington

Michael Mann > Ridley Scott

Verdict: This will rule mightily over American Gangster

Hell yes! I'm already pumped for this flick. Christian Bale + Michael Mann = Awesomesauce.

After some Heat quoting the other day, I went back and rewatched it. I love that fucking film. I also love how Mann finds these great shots of Los Angeles, be it from a helicopter, a drive way, etc....

collateral_xl_04.jpg

No spoken words said:
Have you ever seen "Thief"? Early Mann film.

I like Collateral a lot. Another film loaded with great shots of LA.

Haven't seen Theif yet. It's on my long fictional list of "Movie's I mean to see but aren't in any particular hurry because there are so many others I want to see first".

Collateral is indefinitely awesome though.

I've seen every Mann film but Ali. Despite my love of sports, I actually do not watch too many sports films. Same with books....do not read books about sports either.

Did you like Miami Vice? I actually liked it a lot better upon seeing it for 2nd time once it was on cable/satellite.

I've only seen Miami Vice once, and I didn't really enjoy it at all. Maybe I'm due for a rewatch.

I am huge fan of Manhunter too. :drool:

I caught the Michael Mann episode of a show called The Directors the other day, and I really need to see all of his movies.

I've only seen Manhunter and Miami Vice; really dug Manhunter, even if it is a bit dated, and didn't care for Miami Vice as much. I do enjoy the series though.

The series gets poked fun of due to the pastels and such, but the first few seasons of that show are great. At least to me.

Bastard, you've not seen The Insider yet? Or Collateral? Or Heat???? Even Last of the Mohicans???

You truly are the littlest of the little bastards.

The Insider is far and away my favorite of the Mann films I've seen. Collateral is a solid second, and Heat and Manhunter are a little behind them. As I said before, I wasn't crazy about MV, and I'd need to see The Last of the Mohicans again before I judged it fairly.

I agree 110%. I need to get on that right away... as with countless others.

Sad part is, I'm considered the "Movie Guy" to a good portion of my entire high school. Knowing about movies and seeing them are two entirely separate things.

I think that Heat is probably my favorite, with The Insider right behind it. I'd probably concede that the Insider is the better film, but I just....enjoy....Heat a little bit more. I like Mohicans.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I agree 110%. I need to get on that right away... as with countless others.

Sad part is, I'm considered the "Movie Guy" to a good portion of my entire high school. Knowing about movies and seeing them are two entirely separate things.

HS was where I was turned on to tons of music, films and books previously unknown to me, but, I went to an atypical HS.

What sucks about my high school is that you have 2 extremes:

Kids who will only watch/listen/do things that are fed to them by MTV and that whole thing

Indietastic kids who will only watch/listen/do things that are fed to them by MySpace and their own pretension.

There's little to no in-between, which is hard to deal with, you know? Then again, that's high school I guess.

I'm kind of an anomaly: I loved my HS, but did not enjoy college. My college years were great, for other reasons, but it had nothing to where I went to school.

Hmm. I enjoy high school, even with drawbacks like that, but I'm frightening and excited for college at the same time.

Maybe it's because I'm Anthony Michael Hall.

College kicks ass. Maybe it's because I'm an ATEC Major, so I have practically no work at all in comparison to just about everyone I know.

MrBrau1 said:
college :drool:

a wonderful 4 year diversion from reality.

But what a time. You'll love it.

Hehe. I love how everyone told me how college was going to be my first real introduction into the "real world". The past year and a half has been about the most backwards, lunatic unreal virtual reality I've seen. It's still totally awesome though. :D

Back
Top Bottom