Interference Random Movie Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
Man, I wish I had someone like you on my team, NSW. I quote pop culture stuff all the time, but most of the time I have to explain it, which takes away all the fun. :(

Same here.

But a 37-year-old high school student wouldn't work out so well.

Apparently Brad Pitt might be starring in Terrence Malick's next film, Tree of Life.

This is very, very good news, if you actually want to see this get made.

I think Pitt would work very well with Malick's style. He's got an expressive face and doesn't need to do too much to convey what's going on in his head, using this talent superbly in Jesse James/Robert Ford. (which was Malick-like in a way itself).

Ok, I've been watching AMC's Planet of the Apes marathon all day. And Ricardo Montalban just showed up in Escape from the Planet of the Apes.

This movie just got 4 times more awesome.

Jessica Simpson's theatrical blockbuster "Blonde Ambition" managed to make around $1,200 this past weekend. Her movie opened on just 8 screens in Texas. That's about 50 clams a day for each screen which means 6 people showed up to each showing. In total around 150 actually showed total.

Unfortunately, it looks like Jessica Simpson didn't beat the record of the lowest-grossing film in history.

I Googled that and this is the lowest

zyzzyxroad.jpg

We’ve all heard about box office bombs such as Waterworld, Gigli, Battlefield Earth, and The Adventures of Pluto Nash, but the honor of the lowest grossing movie in history goes to a little movie called, “Zyzzyx Road”. The movie earned a total of $30 dollars at the box office. That’s not a typo, I really mean it earned at total of three 10 dollar bills. This movie was released in one theater on February 25th of 2006, where it played for six days and earned 30 dollars total. I mean damn, didn’t the actors even want to see it?

The movie stars the now famous Katherine Heigl of “Grey’s Anatomy” fame, and Tom Sizemore. I would tell you what it’s about, but hey, you’ll never watch it anyway.

Wow, how did I miss the post above mine???

Anyone that's driven from LA to Vegas should have gone and seen "Zyzzyx Road". :)

Lazarus, question for you....have you ever seen a documentary called "The Stair Case"? I just watched it, and while I knew how it ended since I was familiar with the case, I still enjoyed it. Was curious if you'd seen it, and if so, your thoughts.

What's the best sight when you're driving back from Vegas? Besides finally getting to the 10 and slowly creeping up on LA? Would it be Barstow to eat something? Baker and the stupid fucking thermometer? Ghost Town Road? I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom