Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VIII: First Contact with Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're probably right. You said you finished your Mann marathon, right? Did you ever get to see Public Enemies?

I did finish it, then watched all the Potter films to prepare for seeing #6 this weekend.

Did not get to see Public Enemies, sadly. There is a theater not too far from me that'll probably play it between now and the DVD release.

It's one of these three guys:

fd9qayof.jpg

Oh, yeah, Berenger. I'm telling you, it cannot fail, this film.

That makes it sound like I say that because Berenger is in the cast, though.

Eh.

What the fuck, there's gonna be a Wall Street 2, but this time Gekko is mentoring Shia LaFuckface?

I think it's LaBeouf's goal to shit on every property resurrected from the '80s.

That and Rear Window.

Because he could be the most bland, vanilla 20-something ever... and people love shit that don't offend them. The worst is that he's not the draw to any of these films, except maybe Distubia, but it's mistaken for actual talent.

G-d made LaBeouf, then broke the mold.

Did you know that the actress who played Lisa in The Room was 18 when they filmed it? I did not.

She looked about 30.

And Tommy Wiseau could be any age from 35 to 50.

Fuck, that was a great chair. I have no idea what happened to it.

But you should probably hide that pic in a SPOILER tag because it might catch Maddie off-guard--apparently it has a big effect on her.

Also, I never get tired of this:

DarmokJalad.jpg

What the fuck, there's gonna be a Wall Street 2, but this time Gekko is mentoring Shia LaFuckface?

There's a girl coming in from Houston this weekend that I randomly met downtown ONE TIME who said I looked like Shia. I don't. We exchanged numbers and so forth. She's pretty cute. Might as well try to get to Robot Heaven, eh boys?

Am I the only one who finds it odd there are 19 "guests" viewing this forum?

No, you're not. I've often wondered about that. Every once in a while I will look at who is viewing the Hottest Chicas thread and it will be something like 4 members and 22 guests. Weiiiiiiiiiiird.

Fuck, that was a great chair. I have no idea what happened to it.

But you should probably hide that pic in a SPOILER tag because it might catch Maddie off-guard--apparently it has a big effect on her.

Also, I never get tired of this:

DarmokJalad.jpg

The Almost American flag is a great touch.

So who's read Easy Riders, Raging Bulls? A bunch probably have, but it's an absolutely fascinating look on the inside of many key films, directors and producers from the late 60s to the early 80s. The guy who wrote it seems to hold Spielberg in as high a regard as laz does.

It also made me check out McCabe and Mrs Miller again, after liking it but not all that much the first time round. Glad I did :up:

EDIT - could have sworn I was in the 70s thread when I wrote this.

I just saw a TV spot for Taking Woodstock. Uggghh. I'm not going to feel good about skipping this one, as a huge Ang Lee fan, but I'm not sure I could stomach it either.

Back
Top Bottom