Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VIII: First Contact with Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg

It's amazing the amount of people who have scoffed at me for wanting nothing to do with that film. Still never seen it. Still never will.

I think you meant NYJEW.

HI-OH.

It's a TV movie with Clint Eastwood in it, and holy shit, everyone seems to love it. The best scenes involve the Zodiac Killer as the equally racist barber.

Hancock is a perfect example of how badass, original ideas get watered down to make absolutely terrible movies. Plus, it's hard for me to take a movie seriously where it references Arrested Development inadvertently, multiple times.

That's top 5 of the decade for me. Top 10 at the minimum, regardless of how much I've yet to see.

Snuck into my top ten, certainly. Tied for my top film of 2007 with Diving Bell.

That's right. It beat Darjeeling.

I really need to give Darjeeling a rewatch. Haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters.

gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg

It's amazing the amount of people who have scoffed at me for wanting nothing to do with that film. Still never seen it. Still never will.

I have a Room-like respect for it, in that it's great because the intention of the film is completely different from the end result, with hilarious payoffs.

Certainly it's no Room, but still, I enjoy it for many of the same reasons.

Zodiac is top 10 this decade for me as well. I was hooked from the start.

And, yeah, that was the worst part, YLB....the Hancock concept was a cool one, and it was not even that bad for the first 15 minutes or so....but then it got worse and worse, and the last 15 minutes were spectacularly horrid.

Theron is hot, though.

I really need to give Darjeeling a rewatch. Haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters.

You know, it's really damn good. Great even. But you probably knew I would say that.

Zodiac is top 10 this decade for me as well. I was hooked from the start.

And, yeah, that was the worst part, YLB....the Hancock concept was a cool one, and it was not even that bad for the first 15 minutes or so....but then it got worse and worse, and the last 15 minutes were spectacularly horrid.

Theron is hot, though.

Definitely. And it was a terrible piece of casting to have Will Smith, probably the most likable A-list actor not named Tom Hanks, play an asshole for 2 hours. Yet he's the only name you could attach to it and have it do like 400 million worldwide or some shit like that.

You know, it's really damn good. Great even. But you probably knew I would say that.

Hah, yes. Rewatching Bottle Rocket shot it into my Top 50, so I'm psyched for this.

Hah, yes. Rewatching Bottle Rocket shot it into my Top 50, so I'm psyched for this.

I've been tempted to pick up that Criterion, just need to get some cash together first. I know I'm the biggest Wes fanboy here, but I legitimately love all of his films. And Mr. Fox is going to be great.

I've been tempted to pick up that Criterion, just need to get some cash together first. I know I'm the biggest Wes fanboy here, but I legitimately love all of his films. And Mr. Fox is going to be great.

Bet some $$$ on the Angels winning the AL West, so, around October you'll have some extra cash.

Totally, it ain't going anywhere. The Blu Ray is cheaper than the Criterion DVD, too, which is bullshit.

It will be.

Bet some $$$ on the Angels winning the AL West, so, around October you'll have some extra cash.

Part of me wishes it had been the Yankees who were swept solely so you wouldn't be walking around all high and mighty.

But it's still good they did what they did. Wild card, bitches!

My general distaste for David Fincher will probably never allow me like Zodiac as much as many of you seem to, although I do really like that movie quite a bit.

It's no Gran Torino, that's for sure.

Supposedly there will be a teaser for Christopher Nolan's Inception in front of Inglourious Basterds this month. :shrug: I'm sure it won't offer much of a look into the film, though I hope I'm wrong.

Apparently Ella Enchanted is on TV. I'm going to watch it. For all the wrong reasons.

Lance and I will never be more in agreement than when it comes to Malick.

YLB: I've been paying attention to the casting from day one, but I'll assume you are referring to one of my friends I went to Burma with?

Lance and I will never be more in agreement than when it comes to Malick.

YLB: I've been paying attention to the casting from day one, but I'll assume you are referring to one of my friends I went to Burma with?

It's one of these three guys:

fd9qayof.jpg

Back
Top Bottom