Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VII: You Inglourious Little Basterds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having no knowledge of the real story might be working in my favor then.

I am sure it will.

I can't undo, how much I love the real story, hearing the guy tell it in his own voice.

It looks like Sberg is going to play it up for laughs and giggles.

Not that is not some humor in it.

Sorry, I'm starting to get excited...:reject:

So I need some help here. The Exorcist is the one movie that scares me more than anything. Something about crucifix stabbings and demonic possession really don't jive well with me. Anyway, I went to MovieStop and saw it mismarked for something like 3 bucks, and it dawned on me, maybe if I watched it again now, I won't be as afraid of it. So I ended up buying it.

Has that ever happened to you guys, or do you think I should wear an adult diaper when I try and see this again? I may wear one regardless, but hey.

I saw The Exorcist for the first time when I was 17. Didn't do much for me.

Have you ever seen Exorcist III: Legion? A VERY underrated sequel, and you don't need to watch the horrendous Exorcist II: The Heretic, as it pretty much follows the events from the first film.

Cool thing is that William Peter Blatty (who wrote the Exorcist novel) got to write and direct this himself. Fantastic cast starting with George C. Scott at the top as Kinderman (the detective in the original).

Blatty's other film, The Ninth Configuration, is a total mindfuck and also a must-see.

I was interested in checking out Legion and Paul Schrader's version of the prequel.

And I got Carpenter's Prince of Darkness the other day, too, if you want to talk about underrated horror films.

Oh yes. One of my all time favorites.

Some parts are a little cheesy, but on the whole it's genuinely thrilling and an interesting look at belief vs. science.

The shared dream video sequences are brilliant.

Oh yes. One of my all time favorites.

Some parts are a little cheesy, but on the whole it's genuinely thrilling and an interesting look at belief vs. science.

The shared dream video sequences are brilliant.

Absolutely. I remember catching it on Sci-Fi a few years back and being completely enamored by it.

One of the most original horror films I've ever seen.

Speaking of horror films, have any of you guys seen the original Phantasm?

Yeah, another great one that has its cheesy moments.

And Phantasm II, which may not be available on DVD for some reason, is similar to Evil Dead II in that its a lot funnier than its predecessor, but it also manages to be pretty scary as well.

Haven't seen the others, though I hear III is a piece of shit, and slightly redeemed by IV.

GAF:

Happy to announce after years of agony, I finally had a Lorelai Gilmore sighting today, at Trader Joe's. I'm like 95% sure. I mean, she has a fairly typical look, so you have to take age into account, the way she walks, and I heard her say hello to the checkout guy, which was enough to convince me.

I pulled a semi-IYS in not saying anything, but it was a rather busy day in there today. It's not so much talking to the person as it is everyone at the store thinking you're a tool for doing so.

Anyway, now I can die.

Nice. And yeah, I don't doubt it was her, especially if you heard her talk. I never get any celebrity sightings in this city. The closest thing is usually seeing a Bears' offensive lineman walking down Michigan Ave.

Nice. And yeah, I don't doubt it was her, especially if you heard her talk. I never get any celebrity sightings in this city. The closest thing is usually seeing a Bears' offensive lineman walking down Michigan Ave.

I still need to score a Rory glimpse, which means I'm gonna have to start hanging out a couple neighborhoods over, where I used to live. Apparently she nests somewhere in that area.

And I'll be sure to take stealth pics for your enjoyment, GAF.

Hi-ohh!

Critics aren't in love with this one. For what little their collective opinion is worth. Most distressing are the comparisons to Bad Education, probably my least favorite Almodovar of recent years. But this one still looks like a winner, no matter what they say.

My friend wants me to see Transformers tomorrow. Is this a movie I would have needed to see part 1 to understand or will I be able to follow it without having a clue what the first one is about? Or do they do some sort of recap at the beginning of part 2?

Please don't tell me if you liked/hated the movie(s). I'm not looking for that kind of answer! Just if part 1 is needed to know what part 2 is about. I didn't see a thread for this movie but I also didn't really look. So if there's a specific thread I should look at instead of here let me know...thanks.

I haven't seen it, but from what I understand you won't be able to understand what happens in the film regardless of having seen the first or not. But honestly, there isn't much set up. Shia Lebouf gets together with Megan Fox somehow, a bunch of robots come down from space and look for some cube, John Turturo is working for the CIA or something and a lot of shit gets blown up. Apparently the same thing happens in the next movie. So there you go.

It actually contradicts a lot of what happens in the first film. Huge robots destroy downtown LA and Jon Voight addresses the public to pretty much say that. In this film, robots are a part of government conspiracy to cover it up.

Faaaantastic.

Have you ever seen Exorcist III: Legion? A VERY underrated sequel, and you don't need to watch the horrendous Exorcist II: The Heretic, as it pretty much follows the events from the first film.

Cool thing is that William Peter Blatty (who wrote the Exorcist novel) got to write and direct this himself. Fantastic cast starting with George C. Scott at the top as Kinderman (the detective in the original).

Blatty's other film, The Ninth Configuration, is a total mindfuck and also a must-see.

So I watched the original last night and loved it, wasn't scared at all. Put The Ninth Configuration and Legion to the top of the queue.

Fantastic.

I thought a new thread wouldn't be necessary for this:

YouTube - 'Brothers' In Arms

Brothers trailer.
It doesn't look that great, but after all... is Jim Sheridan we're talking about. Since I've watched My Left Foot and In the Name of the Father I always trust him to do a great film.

Big Exploding Robots (let's just call it what it is) down 61% in it's second weekend.

Fuck that movie.

I thought a new thread wouldn't be necessary for this:

YouTube - 'Brothers' In Arms

Brothers trailer.
It doesn't look that great, but after all... is Jim Sheridan we're talking about. Since I've watched My Left Foot and In the Name of the Father I always trust him to do a great film.

Yeah, it looks pretty terrible.

Big Exploding Robots (let's just call it what it is) down 61% in it's second weekend.

Fuck that movie.

Called it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom